What's new

Was Hussain Muhammad Ershad the greatest Head of State Bangladesh ever had?

Do you think Ershad was the greatest Head of State Bangladesh ever had?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
thread tittle should be was Hussein Mohammad Ershad one of great leader of Bangladesh not greatest . i will consider both lady and gentle man great leader of our country keeping aside political divide .as large population they are leading with small natural resources is appreciable .

I don't know about greatest leader but he takes the cake as the most well-dressed and fashionable for sure. His cravats, fondness for European couture (suits and formalwear) and skills at Golf were/are legendary. And of course the many women in his life which are a negative. But instead of judging - I have taken the many accounts I have heard from elders who have met and dealt with him and they found few of his faults as a human being. His governance skills were maybe at fault somewhat but not his personality as a model human being.

I heard all the development programs by Ershad were actually visioned by Zia, Ershad used to follow a diary of Zia where all those things were detailed.
Ershad was there for 9 years and virtually made BD a beggar state. He took us to a point where we had to fund 99% of our ADP through external begging. And most of those funds were stolen by his wife, kazi zafar, moudud etc. Besides he used to love flashy project like Sodium light, Zoo, Dhaka-Norht Bengal highways. He even put Sodium lights in Rangpur when entire country had no electricity. He had 40+ minister and most of the development fund went to the village of those criminals.

In the BTV there used to be 10 min for Ershad, 10 Min for Rawshan, 10 min for rest of the ministers in every news. He made a big fuzz when he built a bridge over Meghna in Dhaka-Chittagong road for 100 crore which suppose to last for 100 years. But in 20 years its useless. I can go on for ever.

Though they are dumb the two begums yet they lead two big institution (good or bad but legitimate). The major development started only after we got into democracy in 1991. I still remember Saifur Rahman stunned the country by arranging 44% of the development money from local fund in the very first year budget in 1991. Give those poor ladies some credits. They did not come here out of thin air.

Ershad was there for 9 years and virtually made BD a beggar state. He took us to a point where we had to fund 99% of our ADP through external begging. And most of those funds were stolen by his wife, kazi zafar, moudud etc. Besides he used to love flashy project like Sodium light, Zoo, Dhaka-Norht Bengal highways. He even put Sodium lights in Rangpur when entire country had no electricity. He had 40+ minister and most of the development fund went to the village of those criminals.

In the BTV there used to be 10 min for Ershad, 10 Min for Rawshan, 10 min for rest of the ministers in every news. He made a big fuzz when he built a bridge over Meghna in Dhaka-Chittagong road for 100 crore which suppose to last for 100 years. But in 20 years its useless. I can go on for ever.

Though they are dumb the two begums yet they lead two big institution (good or bad but legitimate). The major development started only after we got into democracy in 1991. I still remember Saifur Rahman stunned the country by arranging 44% of the development money from local fund in the very first year budget in 1991. Give those poor ladies some credits. They did not come here out of thin air.

I like your informative post except the part about Haramkoor haramzadi badmaash badjaat begairat Kooni la-hasina.

Back
Top Bottom