What's new

War on terror costing Pakistan Rs90b every month: Imran

Safriz

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
War on terror costing Pakistan Rs90b every month: Imran / 2 October 2012 Pakistan was spending Rs90 billion per month on the war on terror,
Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaaf Chairman Imran Khan has said while giving
final touches to his projected peace march to Waziristan planned for
October 6. Talking to reporters here, Khan said that the rally was designed to
express solidarity with the tribal people who have suffered death,
destruction and dislocation because of drone attacks. He was confident that thousands of people from Pakistan would
participate in the landmark rally which would also include
international media representatives and non-governmental
organisations. Over 30 civil society activists from the US will join the rally despite
various hurdles being created by the government. He alleged that
Pakistan’s High Commission in the United Kingdom has declined visas
to a large number of journalists and civil society activists from the
United Kingdom. “It shows that WikiLeaks’ disclosures about Islamabad’s collusion in
drone attacks was correct,” he added. He said people who did not want
peace in the country were against the PTI’s rally. He said due to the war on terrorism, Pakistan’s economy was suffering
about Rs90 billion every month. “We will meet the people of the tribal
areas to find a solution to the issue, he said, adding that it was his firm
belief that the only option with Pakistan is to quit the war against
terrorism. The PTI chief said Mehsud, Burki and Bhittani tribes of Waziristan had
assured him of providing security to the participants of the rally. It was said that the rally would start from the Blue Area in Islamabad
and after passing through Balkasar, Talagang and Mianwali would
reach D.I. Khan on October 6. On October 7, the participants will gather
in Tank and then will move towards South Waziristan where a public
meeting will be held at Kot Kai. Speaking on the occasion, US citizen Ann Wright, who is a former
diplomat and military woman, said most of the American people were
against drone attacks. “Drone attacks are illegal and criminal. We request the people of
Pakistan to raise their voice against them. We will go to Waziristan to
apologise to the relatives of those killed by drones,” said Wright, who
is also the spokesperson for the AntiWar Movement.

War on terror costing Pakistan Rs90b every month: Imran
http://www.khaleejtimes.com/display...onal_October22.xml&section=international&col=

the simple point you guys don't understand that the loss pakistan's economy is suffering due to WoT .. is also included..

typical pathetic Indian mentality at work without even reading the article.

As usual showing their hate towards Pakistan by commenting after reading the title of the article instead of reading the whole article which says that Pakistan economy is suffering 90B a month due to the participation in WOT.

All of the pathetic Indian trolls issued infractions. Enjoy.

Hope next time before trolling you guys read the article first.

^^^I think you should blame the article/Imran khan for that. Spending 1 Billion/Month and Loosing 1 Billion/Month are two different things.

Spending 1 Billion would be a certain amount, you would have receipts to show for, loosing involves a lot of wishful assumptions.

Good luck to the rally and sad to hear the BIG loss.

[B]typical pathetic Indian mentality at work without even reading the article.

As usual showing their hate towards Pakistan by commenting after reading the title of the article instead of reading the whole article which says that Pakistan economy is suffering 90B a month due to the participation in WOT.

All of the pathetic Indian trolls issued infractions. Enjoy.

Hope next time before trolling you guys read the article first.[/B]

Nice language mod, how about correcting the thread title or is it some new logic where assumed losses are considered as direct investment.

Nice language mod, how about correcting the thread title or is it some new logic where assumed losses are considered as direct investment.

And why don't you guys first read the article instead of commenting by reading the title of the article.

Don't tell me what to do, tell youe countrymen to first read articles and then comment instead of commenting by reading the titles.

And why don't you guys first read the article instead of commenting by reading the title of the article.

Don't tell me what to do, tell youe countrymen to first read articles and then comment instead of commenting by reading the titles.

Thats what I was doing.. Even for domestic spending it needs income.. rupaiyaaa ..moneyyy..

You just cant print the notes and spend it on ur likeness.

Instead of the usual typical hypothetical pathetic tag association , the question can be answered in a language suitable for forum discussions.

The word spending is repeated twice and as Roybot commented , Is there an account for the unspend , imaginary money on whose basis this figure on the title header and subsequent article has been ascertained?

Question maybe lame.. blame it on my pathetic usual mentality if its suitable.

Ok. After reading the article it seems that the great cricketer is completely oblivious to the simple logic and common sense. The cost war on terror that without any analysis, facts or figures posts a bill of 1 billion dollars seems highly inflated.

Secondly whatever losses are incurred are a direct result of previous action of pakistani establishment and especially the PA. The bowling legend almost wants to indict US for losses of pakistan whereas imo the war of terror wouldn't have existed if there wasn't the fertile terror breeding grounds in the areas affected. The extremism ushered in by taliban and Co were key allies of previous pakistani establishment, were these activists sleeping when taliban was being trained, supplied and backed by PA.

It seems that Imran khan want's to directly accuse the current government in pakistan for drone strikes, whereas there is no mention of the real reasons for existence of terror and hence the need for drone strikes.

P.S sorry for not reading the article, word title seems to have lost its meaning

There is certainly a huge loss of in Pakistan's economy due to WOT every month. The exact or approximate amount can not be estimated unless one is the certain about Political/ Social things in Pakistan which would exists if there was no on-going war of terror which is almost highly impossible due to 2 cdecades of WOT effects on current pakistan.

Although Pakistan is suffering huge losses due to WOT, still 1 Billion USD/month may be a exaggerated amount by Imran Khan to add effect to his concern or seriousness to the issue prevailing.

Indians must not take the amount stated in OP seriously its just a rough estimate by politician trying to stage his stance on WOT & its effect on Pakistan's economy.

According to the article,
Pakistan annual spending on WOT= 12 Billion USD
Pakistan's annual defence budget= 5.5 Billion USD

How is that possible. :woot: Case looks similar to the proverb 'aamdani attanni kharcha rupaiya'

No according to article pakistan is loosing 1 billion every month not spending,

It's like saying because of electricity cuts, pakistan is loosing a billion dollars, hence the title would read, pakistan spends 1 billion every month to counter electricity shortages,
or
paksitan is loosing 1 billion dollars due to indian dams, because if there were no dams, there would be more water, hence more people would grow crops.

Thats what I was doing.. Even for domestic spending it needs income.. rupaiyaaa ..moneyyy..

You just cant print the notes and spend it on ur likeness.

Instead of the usual typical hypothetical pathetic tag association , the question can be answered in a language suitable for forum discussions.

The word spending is repeated twice and as Roybot commented , Is there an account for the unspend , imaginary money on whose basis this figure on the title header and subsequent article has been ascertained?

Question maybe lame.. blame it on my pathetic usual mentality if its suitable.

When it comes to Pakistan and specially topics of such nature, the reaction of Indian members has been typically been pathetic which we just witnessed above. This kind of article and this kind of figures have not been quoted for the first time, these figures have been raised on the international forum by Pak political figures & other dignatories and lot of articles quote different figures, some in dollars and some in pak rupees and they have their workings for quoting such figures.

And again don't tell me what to do, you should lecture and show your intellectual to your own members to refrain from trolling and read whole articles and then comment and comment in a decent way and not comment through trollish / sarcastic one liner posts.

So, kindly advice your own countrymen and not me as i know what i have to do and should do.

Even with so many deleted posts, with my very first post of the thread, Indian members still coming and posting their troll filled one / two liner posts without even reading the article first.

Latest case to be Gigawatt, who just got an infraction.

I simply don't understand what the problem is.

When it comes to Pakistan and specially topics of such nature, the reaction of Indian members has been typically been pathetic which we just witnessed above. This kind of article and this kind of figures have not been quoted for the first time, these figures have been raised on the international forum by Pak political figures & other dignatories and lot of articles quote different figures, some in dollars and some in pak rupees and they have their workings for quoting such figures.

And again don't tell me what to do, you should lecture and show your intellectual to your own members to refrain from trolling and read whole articles and then comment and comment in a decent way and not comment through trollish / sarcastic one liner posts.

So, kindly advice your own countrymen and not me as i know what i have to do and should do.

Ok I will advice my typically pathetic countrymen, since its old news and whole world knows about it.

Cheers.

Ok. After reading the article it seems that the great cricketer is completely oblivious to the simple logic and common sense. The cost war on terror that without any analysis, facts or figures posts a bill of 1 billion dollars seems highly inflated.

Secondly whatever losses are incurred are a direct result of previous action of pakistani establishment and especially the PA. The bowling legend almost wants to indict US for losses of pakistan whereas imo the war of terror wouldn't have existed if there wasn't the fertile terror breeding grounds in the areas affected. The extremism ushered in by taliban and Co were key allies of previous pakistani establishment, were these activists sleeping when taliban was being trained, supplied and backed by PA.

It seems that Imran khan want's to directly accuse the current government in pakistan for drone strikes, whereas there is no mention of the real reasons for existence of terror and hence the need for drone strikes.

P.S sorry for not reading the article, word title seems to have lost its meaning

Aaaaahhhhhhh, so the infraction finally worked and we have our first sane post by an Indian member.

Good.

Back
Top Bottom