What's new

War criminal trials in Bangladesh

According to Quran and Sunnah, anyone who worship idols are sinner. So therefor they will end up in Jahannam. Similarly those are as well who think that hinduism is a real Religion. Killing isn't justify just because they are sinner. :)

I suppose who Give certificate of Jannat and Jahannam will go to Jahannam as well.. Am i right??? :undecided:

I suppose who Give certificate of Jannat and Jahannam will go to Jahannam as well.. Am i right??? :undecided:

It is not me rahter Quran and Sunnah. Mushrik are destine to Jahannam. So do you mean to say that Quran is wrong here?:what: Nauzubillah

Ok how about this; so let's say both the alleged war criminals AND the Rakhi Bahini were to be tried in court; would that be ok?

Ok how about this; so let's say both the alleged war criminals AND the Rakhi Bahini were to be tried in court; would that be ok?

Rakkhi Bahini was not given immunity the way BNP government gave immunity to the Army officers in the operation clean heart in 2003. So any concerned citizen or any victim could seek justice in the court of law. As the high court is grilling serving RAB official for committing excesses, I bet they will take those cases to cognigence.

But War Criminals can not be tried in the same court. Tribunal is the best way to go.

It is not me rahter Quran and Sunnah. Mushrik are destine to Jahannam. So do you mean to say that Quran is wrong here?:what: Nauzubillah

Quran also said, Allah will decide who is Mushrik and who will go to Jahannam. You should not put yourself as par with Allah. You know the consequence.. dont you?

Rakkhi Bahini was not given immunity the way BNP government gave immunity to the Army officers in the operation clean heart in 2003. So any concerned citizen or any victim could seek justice in the court of law. As the high court is grilling serving RAB official for committing excesses, I bet they will take those cases to cognigence.

But War Criminals can not be tried in the same court. Tribunal is the best way to go.

How about if tried both groups in the courts that apply to them?

How about if tried both groups in the courts that apply to them?

I already gave my opionion. War crime (genocide, crime against humanity) is a special case mandated by geneva convention and UN. They can not be tried in oridinary court when victims are more than millions.. Thats the usual practice and so be it.

I already gave my opionion. War crime (genocide, crime against humanity) is a special case mandated by geneva convention and UN. They can not be tried in oridinary court when victims are more than millions.. Thats the usual practice and so be it.

You didn't understand me, probably because I didn't word my post correctly, my bad. How about we try the war criminals at the tribunal, and the Rakkhi Bahini in whichever court applies to them? Do you think that would reduce the turmoil over this issue of trying the war criminals and make some people happy?

Do you know, how many zero's in million. why are you making same mistake as mujib? He thought lac was million.........what a leader......I thought you are smarter than this....No

You didn't understand me, probably because I didn't word my post correctly, my bad. How about we try the war criminals at the tribunal, and the Rakkhi Bahini in whichever court applies to them? Do you think that would reduce the turmoil over this issue of trying the war criminals and make some people happy?

All Awami leader should be put on death for deception and big mouthing. None of them cowards even have the gut to fight yet talk big. They were hiding drunk under some didi lap in Kolkata during the nine month of civil war. Some of the big mouther were found drunk in dustbin yet they have autrocity to talk against General Zia and his patriotism toward Islamic Bangladesh. I would like to see them Awami malaun shot dead on the street.

Thanks for the informative post. About the conspiracies, there are too many polluted sources out there and it's hard to come by reliable sources. I will check those links out regardless and see if there's any new evidence.

Does being Hindu makes someone a sinner by default and their killing justified??

Yeah I do fear AL could be up to something not very transparent here. I hope justice is served in the tribunal, which will send a strong signal to our potential enemies - you can't get away with killing Bangladeshis.:devil:

Answers to bold parts:

1. I heard S.Hasina told by herself about Mujib's 69 plan according to news and medias.

2. One Pakistani member told here (while he was talking about 71) in this forum that reality or truth lies between two sides. So read every thread related to 71 in here to know everything. You can search this forum for old threads by typing 1971. Perceptions about 1971 are not same to PK and BDmen. They and also some BDmen blame the conspirators. You know that BD is the only country in this world where History can be changed. And AL is expert in this case. Today I was watching stooge-BTV where someone was saying that Mujib’s killes even threatened for not to bury Mujib’s death body. But I do not think that those killers had any time to threaten people for not to bury Mujib but just relaxing or fled away after killing Mujib. She was saying that everyone was so sad but we know it well that max people were happy after Mujib’s death. So I do not want to rely on BD sources only.

3. I did not say that I have no concern if war criminals helped to kill Hindus. It is assumed that BD-Hindus inspired in conspiracy. So so-called war criminals treated/helped to kill them as conspirators but not Hindus.

Answers to bold parts:

1. I heard S.Hasina told by herself about Mujib's 69 plan according to news and medias.

2. One Pakistani member told here (while he was talking about 71) in this forum that reality or truth lies between two sides. So read every thread related to 71 in here to know everything. You can search this forum for old threads by typing 1971. Perceptions about 1971 are not same to PK and BDmen. They and also some BDmen blame the conspirators. You know that BD is the only country in this world where History can be changed. And AL is expert in this case. Today I was watching stooge-BTV where someone was saying that Mujib’s killes even threatened for not to bury Mujib’s death body. But I do not think that those killers had any time to threaten people for not to bury Mujib but just relaxing or fled away after killing Mujib. She was saying that everyone was so sad but we know it well that max people were happy after Mujib’s death. So I do not want to rely on BD sources only.

3. I did not say that I have no concern if war criminals helped to kill Hindus. It is assumed that BD-Hindus inspired in conspiracy. So so-called war criminals treated/helped to kill them as conspirators but not Hindus.
R.I.P Sheikh Mujibur Rahman May Allah rest his soul. :cry:

Well ideally I love to support that. But its very unlikely that Govt will go against its own machineries. It does not happens in any state. Even AL is unwilling to proceed with the 10 truck ULFA arms haul case. If they did then that will put the country in serous security risk and state secrecy will be revealed and classified information will come to public. But I would rather go to the highest court only for the sake of intellectual debate regarding the issue. :coffee:

Int’l bar assoc finds 17 flaws in IWCT

Faisal Rahim

Writ on IWCT

Meanwhile the Judiciary is failing not only to protect the basic rights of the people but also the religious faith of the majority of the nation, critics say pointing to new developments in the country’s political ground.

In a separate development, a High Court bench, however,
recently dismissed a writ petition challenging the appointment of two High Court judges to a lower level tribunal [International War Crime Tribunal (IWCT)] saying it is a violation of the Constitution and freedom of the country’s highest Judiciary.The bench comprising Justice Mamnoon Rahman and Justice Syeda Afsar Jahan passed the dismissal order after holding hearing on the petition.

The writ filed by former vice-president of Bangladesh Supreme Court Bar Association advocate Nowab Ali and former secretary AFM Sulayman Chowdhury sought the court intervention saying the presiding judge of the IWCT Nizamul Haque and its member ATM Fazle Kabir are sitting judges of the High Court wing of Bangladesh Supreme Court. They said, they represent the country’s highest judiciary, an independent organ of the government empowered directly under the Constitution. The writ argued that all other courts including the IWCT in the country are subordinate to the highest judiciary.

But here the two judges by taking seat at the IWCT have not only taken positions at a lower level which is inconsistent with the dignity and independence of the Supreme Court Judges but also violation of their oath for not taking the office of profit.

The petitioners said the President of the Republic appoint the Supreme Court Judges in the High Court division and also put them to Supreme Court Bench on promotion. Such Judges can not be appointed to tribunals at lower levels, they said making the point that the appointment of the two High Court judges to the tribunal moreover, has been signed by the Law secretary bringing them under the direct control of the political government.

Political nexus
Moreover, the appointment of a junior Judge to preside over the tribunal with a senior High Court judge to work as a member is not only violation of the norms, it clearly shows the political nexus in such appointment to deny a fair trial.

The principal lawyer Barrister Abdur Razzak told the court that the writ in no way has been poised to overshadow the war crime trial but to make sure that the court has been properly constituted to give fair justice to persons who may come for prosecution without prior political prejudice.

Barrister Razzak, the counsel for the petitioner aid he would lodge appeal to the Supreme Court on the High Court’s order dismissing the writ.

The International Bar Association (IBA) has raised similar observations in comments on the IWCT constituted by Bangladesh government pointing to at least 17 flaws and suggested that these shortcomings should be removed to make it at acquiring global standard.

In its observations the association has also questioned the credibility of the court suggesting that judges should be appointed in a free and fair selection process in which the accused should even feel free that they are facing a neutral court. Here this shortcoming remains not only a big issue but found the way to Supreme Court in the form of a writ.

Two-way traffic
Some lawyers say the government is using the IWCT as two- way traffic by appointing the High Court judges to the tribunal. In the first place it has taken the judges to the tribunal with pay as a post of profit but also using the card that since they are High Court Judges their judgment can not be taken for rehearing in the High Court. It can only be put to the Supreme Court for a review. Thus the accused may be denied of a fair justice and noted jurist T H Khan said he was afraid it might be going to be a kangaroo court in which the entire prosecution will be prejudiced denying a fair trial.

Under this circumstance the IWCT started hearing war crime charges against five Jamaat leaders in its newly established court in the Supreme Court compound.The court opened the process entertaining a plea to issue arrest warrant against the top Jammat-e-Islami leaders on charges of crimes against humanity.

The Jammat leaders, Maulana Matiur Rahman Nizami, Ali Ahsan Mohammad Mujahid, Abdul Kader Mollah and Qumruzzaman, are already in police custody along with Delwar Hossain Saidy.The court’s chief prosecutor Gulam Arif Tipu moved the plea to put them on arrest in cases relating to war crimes suggesting that otherwise they may flee the country.

Defence lawyers have however questioned the arrest warrant and their subsequent status as shown arrest as violation of the IWC Act which allows such arrest only after framing of charges against the accused. The Act does not allow arrest during investigation.

Noted lawyer Anisul Haque, who was in charge of prosecution of the Bangabandhu muder case, has also raised question of such preemptive arrest saying it is violative of the law.The case prosecutors however maintained that their arrest is essential not only to stop fleeing but also to allow free investigation.

Coercive forces
Jamaat leaders and other critics however believe that the government is using coercive forces to deny the accused of a free and fair trial to make it a highly politically motivated trial to ban Jamaat and religion-based politics from the country’s political turf.

At such a time the move by the swami to redefine the Muslims’ religious faith and the move by the government to ban religion-based politics may be a separate event or may have a nexus.

HOLIDAY > FRONT PAGE

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom