What's new

Viral video: Google ad connects India-Pak with heartwarming reunion story

This is bizarre. It's bizarre cause Hindus from India are stalking Pakistanis over the Internet. Indians are obsessed with Pakistan, and spend a good time stalking them on the Internet. This ad caters to demography of Indians with their obsessive compulsive disorder over Pakistan. Now google has made their obsession much easier.

Just look at this site. Indians spend more time in Pakistani forums, then their own....

I guess google knows how much time Indians spend obsessively searching for Pakistan over the Internet, so they are just catering to their demography.

Indians believe in fighting the enemy in the enemy territory. :azn:

So I expected you to quote real percentage but you can't stop faking the percentage. :cheesy: 

Your theories say Punjabis and Pashtuns are identical to which both Indian Punjabis and Afghans disagree. :lol::lol:

Pashtuns dont have 70-75% ANI, they have 80% on average. And Punjabis 70%, these are real % as much as you deny it. And find me one post where i said both are the same. lol

@ghilzai

Pak Maqbooza Kashmir and GB belongs to India .Majority GB people don't want India ! Agreed . But they don't even want to be part of Pakistan and want Independence .
Everyone in Jammu and Ladakh including the muslims are happy with Indian rule . The shias of ladakh and the sunnis of south kashmir are also pro India . Anti India sentiments run high only in north kashmir .Azad Kashmir is Indian territory and we will raise the Indian flag in Gilgit/Muzaffarabad pretty soon.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Wow!...I actually didn't imagine this thread will encompass so may agendas.
If I include trolling....there is some fascinating rucksack of jingoism, mellowed as well as genuine view points. I should have been in PDF much earlier! :agree:

Pashtuns dont have 70-75% ANI, they have 80% on average. And Punjabis 70%, these are real % as much as you deny it. And find me one post where i said both are the same. lol
@ghilzai

I was quoting the percentage I read.

Beautiful video very nostalgic, this is how after partition old ones used to miss n remember there childhood friends, these were sweet, painful memories

What the leadership of these two countries have given to younger generation only hatred and enmity perhaps !

We dont have to have a reunion, we could just prosper together and work together as two separate peaceful brotherly countries.

Well everyone wants that. But it can never happen, unless the Kashmir issue is resolved. 
But it was a great ad. Wish everyone can get a chance atleast once to meet up old friends and loved ones.

Last edited:
India, Pakistan agree: emotional Google ad a hit, strikes a cultural chord

Mumbai, November 15, 2013, AP

An emotional advertisement for Google's search engine has become a hit in India and Pakistan by surprisingly invoking a searing and traumatic period in the shared history of the South Asian archrivals. Officially debuting on television Friday, the commercial already has been viewed more than 1.6million times on YouTube.

"Reunion" portrays two childhood friends, now elderly men, who haven't seen each other since they were separated by the 1947 partition that created India and Pakistan from the old British empire in South Asia. Partition sparked a mass exodus as millions of Muslims and Hindus fled across the new borders amid religious violence.

In the ad, one of the men reminisces to his granddaughter about his happy childhood in Lahore and how he used to steal sweets from a shop with his best friend, who the ad implies is Muslim. His granddaughter uses the search engine to track down the childhood friend in the Pakistani city. Then, with the help of the Pakistani man's grandson (and naturally, Google), she arranges a journey to New Delhi for a surprise reunion.

The ad struck a cultural chord with Indians and Pakistanis.

"If it doesn't move you, you've got a heart of stone," wrote Beena Sarwar, a Pakistani journalist and part of the Aman ki Asha (Hope for Peace) initiative that promotes peace between Pakistan and India, on her blog.

It might seem a risky strategy to co-opt partition for a feel-good search engine advertisement. The period is one of the roots of the bitter animosity between Pakistan and India that has led to three wars, a nuclear arms race and deadly fighting in the disputed Kashmir region. Shortly after the partition, an estimated 1 million Hindus, Muslims and Sikhs were killed in rioting, and 12 million were uprooted from their homes.

Yet Abhijit Avasthi, head of the Ogilvy India team that developed the ad, said the fact that partition evokes strong feelings among Indians and Pakistanis is one of the reasons the idea was chosen.

"Yes, this is a sensitive topic, a part of history with bitter memories" he said. "But that was the whole point, which is to tell people that those memories are in the past, that there is a way to revive your connection with your lost ones."

The spot also tapped into ordinary people's weariness with the hostilities.

"I don't see much hostility at the people's level," said Sanjay Mehta, a 48-year-old New Delhi-based businessman whose family is from what is now Pakistan.

But he added that traveling between the countries is not as easy as the ad portrays. "I want to visit Pakistan but it's not easy to get a visa."

Last year, India and Pakistan signed an agreement to make it easier for business travelers, senior citizens, divided families and religious pilgrims to get visas. However, improving ties have been set back by sporadic clashes in Kashmir.

India, Pakistan agree: emotional Google ad a hit, strikes a cultural chord - Hindustan Times

Lol indians are our cousins if not brothers. My grandpa always used to say how times before partition were more peaceful and better. And this is coming from a guy who fought in 65 and 71. My grandpa used to say how indians only became oir enemy after partition. Tose sand dwellers are our enemies. They send suicide bombers everywhere and maulvis to brainwash our kids. I'll get along with them if they stop being terrorists and start treating their foreign workers right. The only thing common between us and the sand dwellers is our religion, and they dont treat us equal.

Then again its just a one side view sorry to inform you but our grandfathers used to stay in India as well but i don't think they would have a similar story to narrate neither would they call some people sand dwellers in order to get close to their pre partitioned brothers. And as far as suicide attacks go you can't judge a whole nation by its leaders that would be unfair.

This video is another proof that Pakistanis love visiting India.

problem-troll-smiley-emoticon.jpg

Keep laughing till India frees GB from illegal occupation of pakistan . 
Dude seriously who r u?

And why r u keeping our flag in yr country section?
the last i checked G-B people and Gov were pressuring our Gov to include them in the Federation f pakistan as the 5th Provence. And as far as AJK is concern well im from AJK and let me assure u even after so many tries from yr armed forces u have failed miserably to take that rather is struggling to keep yr IOK into yr occupation.

When i post '' :rofl::rofl::rofl: '' signs i dont post for nothing like ur kind. 
India, Pakistan agree: emotional Google ad a hit, strikes a cultural chord

Mumbai, November 15, 2013, AP

An emotional advertisement for Google's search engine has become a hit in India and Pakistan by surprisingly invoking a searing and traumatic period in the shared history of the South Asian archrivals. Officially debuting on television Friday, the commercial already has been viewed more than 1.6million times on YouTube.

"Reunion" portrays two childhood friends, now elderly men, who haven't seen each other since they were separated by the 1947 partition that created India and Pakistan from the old British empire in South Asia. Partition sparked a mass exodus as millions of Muslims and Hindus fled across the new borders amid religious violence.

In the ad, one of the men reminisces to his granddaughter about his happy childhood in Lahore and how he used to steal sweets from a shop with his best friend, who the ad implies is Muslim. His granddaughter uses the search engine to track down the childhood friend in the Pakistani city. Then, with the help of the Pakistani man's grandson (and naturally, Google), she arranges a journey to New Delhi for a surprise reunion.

The ad struck a cultural chord with Indians and Pakistanis.

"If it doesn't move you, you've got a heart of stone," wrote Beena Sarwar, a Pakistani journalist and part of the Aman ki Asha (Hope for Peace) initiative that promotes peace between Pakistan and India, on her blog.

It might seem a risky strategy to co-opt partition for a feel-good search engine advertisement. The period is one of the roots of the bitter animosity between Pakistan and India that has led to three wars, a nuclear arms race and deadly fighting in the disputed Kashmir region. Shortly after the partition, an estimated 1 million Hindus, Muslims and Sikhs were killed in rioting, and 12 million were uprooted from their homes.

Yet Abhijit Avasthi, head of the Ogilvy India team that developed the ad, said the fact that partition evokes strong feelings among Indians and Pakistanis is one of the reasons the idea was chosen.

"Yes, this is a sensitive topic, a part of history with bitter memories" he said. "But that was the whole point, which is to tell people that those memories are in the past, that there is a way to revive your connection with your lost ones."

The spot also tapped into ordinary people's weariness with the hostilities.

"I don't see much hostility at the people's level," said Sanjay Mehta, a 48-year-old New Delhi-based businessman whose family is from what is now Pakistan.

But he added that traveling between the countries is not as easy as the ad portrays. "I want to visit Pakistan but it's not easy to get a visa."

Last year, India and Pakistan signed an agreement to make it easier for business travelers, senior citizens, divided families and religious pilgrims to get visas. However, improving ties have been set back by sporadic clashes in Kashmir.

India, Pakistan agree: emotional Google ad a hit, strikes a cultural chord - Hindustan Times
i dont think we really agree with that. The thing is now Pakistan is our country and will remain forever only thing we can work with on common good thats all. Nothing more or less then that.

Back
Top Bottom