What's new

Vietnam War: Tunnel Rats

Actually it was more of a capitalist vs communist fight for sphere of influence. One cannot ignore the pro US South Vietnamese when talking about NVA and VC.
Sure the VC and NVA fought with ferocity and determination with total disregard for personal safety. Living in tunnels was like living in hell apart from facing the B-52's, naplam and US military might.
US had no right to attack Vietnam, Grenada, Haiti, Iraq, Afghanistan and so on ....no country on earth has the right to invade another just because it adopted a different political charter than the other ...!

Good Read.

2 things you forgot to mention in you article

1.) Why those soldier enter the tunnel in the first place. This is an extremely hazardous job, soldier goes into the tunnel system alone, without knowing how many enemy they are facing and the biggest threat of all is Booby Trap inside the tunnel, while most tunnel soldier discover could be demolished by C4 and did during the war, but when there are tunnel that almost certainly means there will be a Command Bunker near by, that's what soldier going in for.

2.) Tunnel Rats as a unit is indeed exist for Australian Force in Vietnam, they are the men of 3 troop, 1st Field Sqn, Royal Australian Engineer. For them, that's what they do and only they will do it, normal infantry within Australian Rank would not go into tunnel system, and they are the only unit tagged with "Tunnel Rat" acronym.

US Army tunnel rat does not exist, they usually were picked by CO or volunteer for "juice", tho, most army engineer would inspect tunnel system, they are not the one that clear them.
Thanks for the input.
I only used internet surfing to compose that, so have missed a few things.

US had no right to attack Vietnam, Grenada, Haiti, Iraq, Afghanistan and so on ....no country on earth has the right to invade another just because it adopted a different political charter than the other ...!

No, every country have the right to invade any country, so does any country in this world have the right to defend itself, if what you say is true, then there will not be Military, Defence Force and Army needed in this world, then you probably have to find some other place beside PDF to vent your anti-American anger

No, every country have the right to invade any country, so does any country in this world have the right to defend itself, if what you say is true, then there will not be Military, Defence Force and Army needed in this world, then you probably have to find some other place beside PDF to vent your anti-American anger
Wow ...score hundred to your logic ...Every country has the right to defend itself but no country has the right to invade others ...But if we stick to your opinion then US would probably be still a colony under the clutches of UK ...and there are less wars because most of the countries have armies to defend ...Those who are week, they are being invaded in one way or another without any just cause ...Do I have to remind you what has happened into Africa and Gulf ?
My anti-american anger is just when I see US behaving like a global brutal police who's only job is to loot, plunder and destroy what is not theirs ...
What British had done to US centuries ago ...US is doing it to rest of the world ...!

Wow ...score hundred to your logic ...Every country has the right to defend itself but no country has the right to invade others ...But if we stick to your opinion then US would probably be still a colony under the clutches of UK ...and there are less wars because most of the countries have armies to defend ...Those who are week, they are being invaded in one way or another without any just cause ...Do I have to remind you what has happened into Africa and Gulf ?
My anti-american anger is just when I see US behaving like a global brutal police who's only job is to loot, plunder and destroy what is not theirs ...
What British had done to US centuries ago ...US is doing it to rest of the world ...!

Dude, did you have a comprehension problem?

You are allow to attack us, I am allow to defend myself. Why would US would still be colony if what I said is true? UK have the right to colonise the US, they are welcome to do so even today in 2015, we the American will defend against our homeland against enemies, domestic and foreign. They did it 241 years ago today, they fail, they, or any country, are welcome to try for it again.

US have the right to fight ANY war, engage any enemy, you can defend against the United States invasion,, fair and square. Just if you are so puny you can't even defend yourselves, it's hardly An American Problem. And yes, we are brutal, WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT? You can attack us if you want, just that we WILL fight back

LOL

And Bring Your Anti-Americanism out of Military Thread like this, YOU HAVE RUINED THIS GOOD THREAD, have you no shame?

Last edited:
Dude, did you have a comprehension problem?
Nope ...I don't have ...You seem to be having some 'disturbed' genes !
US have the right to fight ANY war, engage any enemy, you can defend against the United States invasion,, fair and square. Just if you are so puny you can't even defend yourselves, it's hardly An American Problem. And yes, we are brutal, WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT? You can attack us if you want, just that we WILL fight back
US has no right to fight any unjust war or engage an enemy who is presented as a myth or lore to the US nation by a notorious group like war-profiteers ...or Do I have to quote from The Bill of Rights ?

And Bring Your Anti-Americanism out of Military Thread like this, YOU HAVE RUINED THIS GOOD THREAD, have you no shame?
It's like pot calling the kettle black ...Where you are so zealously favoring the right of one country to attack another, there you do not recognize my right to differ ?

Nope ...I don't have ...You seem to be having some 'disturbed' genes !

US has no right to fight any unjust war or engage an enemy who is presented as a myth or lore to the US nation by a notorious group like war-profiteers ...or Do I have to quote from The Bill of Rights ?

It's like pot calling the kettle black ...Where you are so zealously favoring the right of one country to attack another, there you do not recognize my right to differ ?

So you have no idea what you are talking about?? So you don't agree with me, then I must be disturbed? You have no right attacking me like this. Have I hurl insult to you when I clearly disagree on what you said? Or am I mentally unstable or "Disturbed" like you said for simply holding a view that the world have been operating on for quite some time?

I am opting for this world principle - survival the fittest.

You, Pakistani, French, British, Chinese, or Australian are WELCOMED to attack US if they so desired. The United States have the right to defend one self as much as anyone have the right to invade anyone on this nation.

If you are weak, you are nothing, you have no say in international politic, I don't care what you believe or think is right, this is how the world have operate for quite some time, don't pretend if Pakistan have even half the power of the current United States, they will not go challenge India and claim what they think is theirs. Or any country of that matters

If you don't like it, big deal, but the world continue with or without your agreement. You can shoot yourselves in the head and restart to a life that suit you, but that's probably about it, yeah, you dislike the US, but then WHO ARE YOU to have your opinion valued in this world?

American run on people who LIVES in America, not those who hate America, and certainly NOT those who don't even lives in America. Again, this is how we do things, if you don't like it, WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT?

Last post on this

@Sage

Don't like it, you can f'off to other board so you can praise Pakistan and boo America all you want, This thread is about tunnel rats, if you don't have anything (I doubt you actually know what is a tunnel rat anyway) you better shut up son.

@MastanKhan

Talking about A-Hole, you sire, is one big giant rear end, not to begin with the off topic discussion. My ranger killed 1,000, but your Pakistani is the reason why our ranger go in in the first place, don't forget 24 of them were slaughter like dog in the June 5 Ambush before American were send in and that WHY The American were send in in the first place.

Chronology | Ambush in Mogadishu | FRONTLINE | PBS

June 5 - Massacre of Pakistani troops; the hunt for Aidid During an inspection of a Somali arms weapons storage site, 24 Pakistani soldiers are ambushed and massacred. The next day, the UN Security Council issues an emergency resolution calling for the apprehension of "those responsible" for the massacre. Though Aidid is not specifically named in the resolution, it is, in effect, a call to apprehend him. Twelve days later, Admiral Howe orders Aidid's arrest, offering a $25,000 reward for information leading to his apprehension.

June 8 - Special Forces requested In the aftermath of the June 5 massacre, Admiral Howe first requests a counterterrorist hostage rescue force from Washington because they he they needed more extensive military capability to deal with the escalating violence. No such troops are forthcoming until Task Force Ranger is deployed in August.

I don't know how Pakistani become so ungrateful after We trying to arrest the guy who kill your soldier like chopping off a dog, then you tell me we are stupid to get involve? Exactly how much of an A-hole were you?

And it was NOT solely Pakistani armoured that bring the ranger out, it was a combine 10th Mountain and Pakistani Armour that brought the ranger out. And also don't forget it was the 10th mountain, NOT THE PAKISTANI walk the ranger out of the hot zone.

And by charging that Pakistani were the sole party that rescue the 100+ ranger and Delta, you have totally masked the equal responsibility of Task Force 2-14 of 10th mountain and the Malaysian, as if they were not there

And the reason why Task Force 2-14 need UN (Which what Pakistani and Malay were at that moment) is simply because Task Force 2-14 do not have any armoured cover.

Last edited:
A thread describing tactics has become a political discussion.
So you have no idea what you are talking about?? So you don't agree with me, then I must be disturbed? You have no right attacking me like this. Have I hurl insult to you when I clearly disagree on what you said? Or am I mentally unstable or "Disturbed" like you said for simply holding a view that the world have been operating on for quite some time?

I am opting for this world principle - survival the fittest.

You, Pakistani, French, British, Chinese, or Australian are WELCOMED to attack US if they so desired. The United States have the right to defend one self as much as anyone have the right to invade anyone on this nation.

If you are weak, you are nothing, you have no say in international politic, I don't care what you believe or think is right, this is how the world have operate for quite some time, don't pretend if Pakistan have even half the power of the current United States, they will not go challenge India and claim what they think is theirs. Or any country of that matters

If you don't like it, big deal, but the world continue with or without your agreement. You can shoot yourselves in the head and restart to a life that suit you, but that's probably about it, yeah, you dislike the US, but then WHO ARE YOU to have your opinion valued in this world?

American run on people who LIVES in America, not those who hate America, and certainly NOT those who don't even lives in America. Again, this is how we do things, if you don't like it, WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT?
Nothing incorrect in this posts, only a few things missed.

You said "the world principle survival of fittest"

A jungle principle. Civilized people do not think that only the fittest must survive. By that logic, a rich man with political contacts, henchmen and lots of friends has a right to drive a poor man out of his lands, rape his wife and kill his children and get away with it and no one criticize him because he is the fittest and he has the " right" to do that.
Sure US does the same , no one dares to speak against that does not mean that what US does is justified by any means.

You are right about how the things get done in this world.
But the world is unfair. Wouldn't you agree?

@Sage @MastanKhan[/QUOTE]

I am reporting it @Horus
Please take care of his insults and dirty language !

Don't like it, you can f'off to other board so you can praise Pakistan and boo America all you want, This thread is about tunnel rats, if you don't have anything (I doubt you actually know what is a tunnel rat anyway) you better shut up son.

I don't know how Pakistani become so ungrateful after We trying to arrest the guy who kill your soldier like chopping off a dog, then you tell me we are stupid to get involve? Exactly how much of an A-hole were you?

I have reported it to @Horus

Osama had also the right to do 9/11
Japs had the right to attack pearl harbour.
Don't play victim in those incidents :sick:

(I am not serious, just describing your logic) @jhungary

You said "the world principle survival of fittest"

A jungle principle. Civilized people do not think that only the fittest must survive. By that logic, a rich man with political contacts, henchmen and lots of friends has a right to drive a poor man out of his lands, rape his wife and kill his children and get away with it and no one criticize him because he is the fittest and he has the " right" to do that.
Sure US does the same , no one dares to speak against that does not mean that what US does is justified by any means.

You are right about how the things get done in this world.
But the world is unfair. Wouldn't you agree?

@Sage @MastanKhan

Problem is, as I said, if War is actually abiding to law, there will be no war. War created (No matter Who) on the basis of illegality, civilized people do not fight war, but civilized people do create war.

I consider myself a civilized person my brother is a civilized person, my uncle is a civilized person, my grand father is a civilized person, but I can assure you, what I did in Iraq, what my brother did in Kosovo, what my uncle did in Vietnam, what my grandfather did in Germany is nothing but savages.

And indeed, the world is unfair, and in a perfect world, things should not happen this way, but that does not change the fact that this is how the world operate in the past and now, and there are nothing we, as people, can do about it.

I am reporting it @Horus
Please take care of his insults and dirty language !

I have reported it to @Horus

YOU INSULT ME BY CALLING ME DISTRUB.

And You missed the part when @MastanKhan called our ranger coward and I am being an A-hole about this.
That post was reported and deleted before I can quote what he said

Don't get me wrong, and he insult me first by saying I am an A-hole, I just pointing out the FACTS that the American went in to find the bastard that killed 24 of YOUR MEN like running down a dog, am I wrong? You can provide proof to say otherwise

And If you can't handle facts. Too bad, but that's what FACTS IS

If the Pakistani can find Adids themselves, they will not call the American. And now your compatriot are saying the Ranger are coward for going in and need the Rescue of Pakistani troop for finding the same person that did this to the Pakistani to begin with, I don't know what you call a person who said this in Pakistan , but in my country, they are A-hole and ungrateful.

Osama had also the right to do 9/11
Japs had the right to attack pearl harbour.
Don't play victim in those incidents :sick:

(I am not serious, just describing your logic) @jhungary

Actually you are right, but then the American have the right and did exercise this right by invading Afghanistan, and Okinawa

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom