What's new

Vietnam Tech Firm Takes On Apple & Samsung With One Of The World's Best Phone

I think for VN people`s income, 500 USD smartphones will not be easy to afford.
The rich people in VN may prefer a Iphone or Samsung, rather than a new start-up phone.
I hope this company could survive in the competition..

The Chinese companies fight in low end for many years, accumulating funds, managing supply chains, developing engineering capacity, etc..
And now they are offering quite competitive high end products with reasonable price.
A Mi4 phone with same spec as this phone cost 300USD, 40% less than it.

Also if you want someone to develop software for you, you need to prove your purchase power.
Or the developer will have no interest to develop anything.
You either need to pay or click the ADs..
Not really, you really dont know Vietnamese. Vietnamese like luxury brand or high end brand. There are already made in Vietnam phone in low end segment but none of them success. Low mid end phone segment are now overwhelm with too many Chinese brands, with fierce competitions

Specs aint the factor to choose a phone. Many phone with high specs than iphone but have crappy performance. Its performance and user experience to prefer. While Bphone does not have highest specs but it offer different user experience compare to other phones; the design look sleek, its BOS based on Android 5.1, transfer jet. Bkav said in interview they wanted to build a quality luxury brand.

Anyway, just let see how the phone do when it release in June. So far the phone receive many positives preview. I too want to have one just want to see the quality of the phone though I already have iPhone 6s in mind.

Vietnam Bphones the world best phone, lol just like Indian always said Tata nano are world top car. Lol, and brahmos Indian best missile make by Russian with Indian flag stamp on it or paint job. Indian claim them world best, that why brahmos cannot lures the Vietcong.

Not really, you really dont know Vietnamese. Vietnamese like luxury brand or high end brand. There are already made in Vietnam phone in low end segment but none of them success. Low mid end phone segment are now overwhelm with too many Chinese brands, with fierce competitions

Specs aint the factor to choose a phone. Many phone with high specs than iphone but have crappy performance. Its performance and user experience to prefer. While Bphone does not have highest specs but it offer different user experience compare to other phones; the design look sleek, its BOS based on Android 5.1, transfer jet. Bkav said in interview they wanted to build a quality luxury brand.

Anyway, just let see how the phone do when it release in June. So far the phone receive many positives preview. I too want to have one just want to see the quality of the phone though I already have iPhone 6s in mind.
You should buy one Bphone, stop buying Iphone. Lol

What jealousy are you talking about? I replied him in kind because the fellow was using cuss word on us Indians. I expected you not to SEE this!!
have you ever attended to school? have you learnt any thing from teachers? have you learned how to speak & walk from your parents? do you speak English? if you learn from others, it means you are a copy cat, kid. you are one of the smartest I have ever seen. so why do not you creat a new language & creat a new walk style that no body creat befor, smart kid?

Vietnam Bphones the world best phone, lol just like Indian always said Tata nano are world top car. Lol, and brahmos Indian best missile make by Russian with Indian flag stamp on it or paint job. Indian claim them world best, that why brahmos cannot lures the Vietcong.

You should buy one Bphone, stop buying Iphone. Lol
Read post from people like you waste my time. If i want troll I can troll you both khmer and chinese easy. You did not even have skill to troll, you cant even make me laugh or angry. I only see jealous and angry in you like many Khmers I trolled before. Boriiiiiiiiing.

Seriously speaking, how about this phone?

Vietnam's Bkav launching high-end smartphones

ATSUSHI TOMIYAMA, Nikkei staff writer

HANOI -- Vietnamese software developer Bkav will make a foray into the country's fast-growing smartphone market starting next week with iPhone-inspired high-end models.

20150529_smartphone_middle_320.jpg

Bkav's Bphone has many iPhone-inspired features.

Bkav, a major provider of network security solutions, will roll out the country's first domestically developed upmarket smartphone on June 2.

The company has developed an operating system for the devices it has designed itself, while purchasing parts from 82 suppliers around the world, including Sharp and Qualcomm.

Bkav is seeking to gain a share in the market quickly through aggressive pricing. The retail price of the cheapest Bphone model will be about 40% lower than that of Apple's iPhone 6 Plus.

The Bphone has a high-resolution 5-inch screen, larger than the iPhone 6's 4.7-inch display but smaller than the iPhone 6 Plus' 5.5-inch screen.

The Bphone's screen matches the iPhone 6 Plus' Retina HD display in resolution. The Vietnamese competitor adopts a sleek, stylish design clearly inspired by Apple's best-selling smartphone.

The Bphone is equipped with a liquid crystal display provided by Sharp and a Qualcomm chip.

The products are assembled at a factory in Vietnam affiliated with Bkav.

The operating system developed by the company for the Bphone is armed with a program to detect viruses and spyware for high-level security.

Nguyen Tu Hoang, manager of Bkav's software section, claims it is the world's safest OS for smartphone.

The Bphone also features a high-speed data transmission capability based on Bluetooth short-distance wireless communications technology.

The company claims the Bphone can transmit data at a speed several hundred times faster than the standard models on the market.

The retail price of the cheapest 16-gigabyte Bphone is 9.99 million dong ($458), some 40% lower than the market prices of the iPhone 6 Plus.

Even the most expensive 128-gigabyte model is priced at 20.19 million dong, 12% less than Apple's hugely popular iPhone.

The Vietnamese firm has not announced any sales targets for its phone.

A Vietnamese telecom firm once sold low-priced smartphones in partnership with a Chinese manufacturer. But this is the first time a Vietnamese company has planned, designed and manufactured a smartphone.

Asian smartphone markets are awash with offerings from companies like China's Xiaomi, Taiwan's Asus and India's Micromax Informatics.

Bkav has decided it will have a better chance of establishing a presence in the highly competitive smartphone market by offering competitively priced high-end machines than by selling low-priced models.

In 2014, total smartphone shipments in Vietnam grew 57% from the previous year to 11.6 million units, according to market research firm IDC. The Vietnamese smartphone market has been expanding rapidly in recent years in tandem with the country's rising income levels.

The country's smartphone market is crowded with many manufacturers jockeying for larger shares.
20150529MobileShare_middle_320.png

Amid intense competition, Samsung Electronics saw its share of the market fall from 54% in 2012 to 26% in 2014.

Meanwhile, Apple and Nokia, owned by Microsoft, have lifted their market shares.

To impress Vietnam's consumers, who have a preference for products with a luxurious feel, Bkav has emulated Apple's approaches to product design and launch events.

Speaking at a press conference to unveil the Bphone, Bkav's outspoken CEO Nguyen Tu Quang described the launch as a historical event, saying it was a "special day" for Vietnam's technology sector.

Clad in a T-shirt and jeans, the company's founder used a lot of body language as well as flowery rhetoric in touting the products in an apparent attempt to mimic Steve Jobs' legendary presentation techniques.

Besides its name, the Bphone sports many other hallmarks of the iPhone, including its thin, sleek body and its screen size and resolution.

But Bkav copies Xiaomi's sales strategy. It sells the Bphone only online and makes extensive use of social networking services to promote sales through word-of-mouth.

Quang is a leading figure in the nation's information technology security community. He developed anti-virus software while studying at the Hanoi University of Science and Technology.

Quang started up a software development business after graduation. It is said that he identified the perpetrators when the websites of the U.S. and South Korean governments were hit by cyber attacks in 2009.

But he is also known for big talk. Hence his nickname, "Big Mouth Quang."

In the Bphone launch event, he frequently used such phrases as "the world's first" and "the world's No. 1."

Vietnam's IT sector used to be dominated by companies that offer offshore development services supported by the country's low labor costs.

But a growing number of Vietnamese IT players have been trying to rise above the status as a subcontractor. FPT, for instance, has launched an IT-based service to support agricultural businesses.

The IT sector is assuming increasing importance amid Vietnam's efforts to become a technology-driven economy.

iPhone rivals: Vietnam's Bkav launching high-end smartphones- Nikkei Asian Review

Dont pretend to be Einstien. Keep your knowledge to yourself.
have you ever attended to school? have you learnt any thing from teachers? have you learned how to speak & walk from your parents? do you speak English? if you learn from others, it means you are a copy cat, kid. you are one of the smartest I have ever seen. so why do not you creat a new language & creat a new walk style that no body creat befor, smart kid?

Yup, the Vietnamese should be grateful that the Chinese sinolized them, partially thou. They're still Kinh (ethnicity) and Vietnam is located in SEA with Chams, Khmers, Moung, etc., admixtures.

The Vietnamese should be grateful for their own culture, which is a mixture of various subcultures that took place over a long period of time. As to the Confucian Influence, sure, that can be considered a positive. Tho historically, the Chinese were seen as invaders in the Vietnamese national psyche.

Yup, the Vietnamese should be grateful that the Chinese sinolized them, partially thou. They're still Kinh (ethnicity) and Vietnam is located in SEA with Chams, Khmers, Moung, etc., admixtures.

It is the same as how in Japanese Civilization and Society, we appreciated the exchange of education and cultures with our Chinese colleagues over the course of 3 millenia. During the Tang Dynasty, Japanese-Chinese political relationship was at its highest, tho despite these cultural exchanges were generally positive, the Japanese did not suffer Chinese military presence in Japan. In fact during the 13th century, when the Chinese Yuan Dynasty attempted to invade Japan (2 times), Japanese made no hesitance in eviscerating the invaders (be the Han, Mongol or Korean mercenaries). No quarter was given to them.

Dont pretend to be Einstien. Keep your knowledge to yourself.
:disagree: which sentence show I pretend to be Einstien? I am just a "copy cat ", I learn heard from parents & teachers, I respect them for they teaching me how to work & how to live. unlike you---smartest kid, you are born to know how to speak & work. by the way, question one more time: have you created a new language & creat a new walk style that no body creat before, smart kid?

Yup, the Vietnamese should be grateful that the Chinese sinolized them, partially thou. They're still Kinh (ethnicity) and Vietnam is located in SEA with Chams, Khmers, Moung, etc., admixtures. But in reality, they think and act like SEA monkeys, my Viet friend told me that.
I have reported your post you malay retard. we talked about smartphone, and you resorted to insult.

Yup, the Vietnamese should be grateful that the Chinese sinolized them, partially thou. They're still Kinh (ethnicity) and Vietnam is located in SEA with Chams, Khmers, Moung, etc., admixtures. But in reality, they think and act like SEA monkeys, my Viet friend told me that.

Lool A clear racist statement calling others monkeys and while glorifying your own colonial invasion/rule over another country. Yet no ban or even warning is imposed on you, why I'm i not surprised?? meanwhile when I stated respectfully some facts I got banned. Lol no surprised though, since this is a Pakistani forum and the MOD was also Chinese, so yes I get the biased,not like I care anyway :)

Anyway if we follow your logic, i can also say imperial Japan was right to invade China and Korea, since China/korea was lucky imperial Japan brought them civilisation and help them get rid of European colonisation/oppression /imperialism. Imperial japan indeed did a great job for/helped China develop /be civilised. China should forever be grateful to Japan.:disagree:

As for Malaysia, you people also look down on thw Chinese and have been trying to get rid of them as much as possible(invane though) so your racial prejudice isn't surprising. you are lucky The Dutch /we European indeed brought civilisation to you malys as well. Cant imagine what you will be today without our colonial rule emancipation. :enjoy:

Back
Top Bottom