What's new

💪 Apple’s iPhone 15 📱draws long queues 🧍🏾🧍🏾🧍🏾🧍🏾🧍🏾🧍🏾🧍🏾 in China despite competition from Huawei

Hamartia Antidote

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United States

e9706f9d-3255-428f-8497-90940654537a_3ea7060b.jpg

TechBig Tech
  • Customers piled into Apple’s flagship stores on Friday, while online delivery platforms were flooded by new orders
  • Chinese consumers are increasingly willing to pay for high-quality products, as smartphone prices continue to rise, analysts say

The new iPhone 15 series landed in Apple stores in China on Friday, drawing long queues and clearing doubts on whether the US giant could maintain its momentum in the key market after the launch of Huawei Technologies’ competing handsets and a partial government ban on Apple smartphones.
Local customers piled into Apple’s flagship store in Beijing’s famed shopping district of Sanlitun, one of 45 official outlets in the country, to try out the four new models.

On JD Daojia, a grocery delivery platform under e-commerce giant JD.com that said it had partnered up with more than 4,600 Apple resellers, sales of the iPhone 15 series in the first two hours of launch were up 253 per cent from last year’s iPhone 14 series, according to a social media post by affiliate Dada.

Orders coming from lower-tier cities also jumped six times compared with last year’s iPhone launch, the post said, matching the fervour seen when Apple stores on e-commerce sites began accepting pre-orders last Friday.

5ad47283-cbbe-4dba-b592-dce1b5d9086f_34f54c2a.jpg

A customer checks out the new iPhone at an Apple store in Shanghai on Friday

A 21-year-old student in Beijing who only gave her surname as Li said she was looking to upgrade to the top-of-the-line iPhone 15 Pro Max from her current iPhone 11 Pro Max.

Li said that while she was aware of Huawei’s new Mate 60 series, which has stoked nationalist sentiment in the country, she preferred the aesthetics of premium Apple handsets.
A 34-year-old film industry worker in Beijing, also surnamed Li, managed to get hold of an iPhone 15 Pro Max by reserving an in-store pickup in Sanlitun through Apple’s website.

Li, previously the owner of an iPhone 14 Pro Max, said he was attracted by the latest premium iPhone’s titanium body, which reduces its weight. “I use a wide range of Apple devices,” he said. “I’m not interested in making a switch to Huawei.”

The premium Pro and Pro Max models, which retail in a range between 7,999 and 13,999 yuan (US$1,095 and US$1,916), also come with what Apple has called “the industry’s first 3-nanometre chip” – the A17 Pro– and a switch to the more universal type-C charging cords.

“Chinese consumers are increasingly willing to pay for high-quality products,” Amber Liu, analyst at research firm Canalys, wrote in a note in July. “The average selling price of smartphones exceeded US$450 last year and is expected to keep rising in the coming quarters.”

Greater China was a bright spot for Apple during the past June quarter, with sales in the region growing 8 per cent from a year earlier, even as the Californian giant posted its third consecutive quarterly decline in global revenue.

31f53d5c-de06-49c4-85b0-acfe5bf01f7c_98297f67.jpg

Lines formed outside an Apple store on Friday in Hangzhou, in China’s eastern Zhejiang province.

Outside the Apple Store in Sanlitun on Friday, a scalper said the Pro and Pro Max series were in popular demand, with new online orders placed on Apple’s official website expected to be shipped no faster than a month later. He was charging a premium of 1,500 yuan for the Pro Max models.

A second-year university student surnamed Peng, who studies materials science in Beijing, said he had yet to make up his mind whether to buy a new iPhone or a Huawei handset.

Peng, who uses an Oppo device, said he had never considered getting a Huawei phone until the Mate 60 series appeared. He said Huawei has made great strides in smartphone performance with its 7-nanometre Kirin chips.

Still, the iPhone may prove too attractive to do without.

“Overall I think Apple products offer a better user experience,” Peng said.

Meanwhile at the Huawei store...
1695480239204.jpeg

Last edited:
I will soon share a YouTube video that confirms that the pictures shown in this article is from Taiwan and not China.

It isn’t practically, scientifically, and humanly possible for Apple to beat Huawei in China.

In real China, the Chinese people only stand in queue for CCP and Huawei. Nobody cares for Apple there.

I will soon share a YouTube video that confirms that the pictures shown in this article is from Taiwan and not China.

It isn’t practically, scientifically, and humanly possible for Apple to beat Huawei in China.

In real China, the Chinese people only stand in queue for CCP and Huawei. Nobody cares for Apple there.

🍎🧎🏾
cn.GIF

Look at the crazy lines...this doesn't even happen in the US

There's even scalpers re-selling to people outside so they don't have to wait in line!! 🤣

Last edited:

Why are thick skinned dull headed Indians in every thread about China? Aren't you busy raping your cows in your lousy good for nothing country?:nana:

So what? Huawei's target is to sell 60 million phones per year. China has 1.4 billion population. There is big room left for other brands.

By the way, I believe Huawei will eventually win Apple. Because Apple is a phone maker. Huawei is building whole ecological chain.

I can't wait to see the day Apple back in 5th place again in China smafos market. So much memories! Anyways it's game over for Apple iPhones and the US knows it. The Costco rep in North America who sold the Huawei P30 pro to my Dad a few years back, he too was using a Huawei. We're talking bout the most knowlegeable person in the smafos industry, the any brand sales rep, choosing Huawei as his own personal phone over all other brands! This time last year I was in Cuba on vacation. Guess which phone the Cuban bus tour guide was using -- you guessed it Huawei! Lots of people abroad dying to replace their aging Huawei phone. This probably how Huawei will regain world #1 spot -- the huge international fanbase!

Last edited:
🍎🧎🏾
cn.GIF

There's even scalpers re-selling to people outside so they don't have to wait in line!! 🤣
It’s still regarded as a status symbol in East Asia, especially amongst the rich. Not so much in the US, from what I’ve heard from my Chinese friends.

Screenshot_20230906_034047.jpg

love modi. from China.

🍎🧎🏾
cn.GIF

:lol:
Screenshot_20230904_095433.jpg

Yeah, I know. This article smacks of a long line of queue of people waiting to see the Barbie movie in China. You all know how Barbie movie did in China right?

Huawei were sold out, this is why China is a market that no one affords to lose, every brands sells very well ,just like BYD's success in China doesn't mean Tesal won't be doing well as well.

Sometimes, I wonder if these online China bashers are smart enough to realize by posting this kind of article, they just walked straight into China's trap. No doubt iPhone sales will suck because Huawei the King is back. But China always wanted to promote itself as an open and all inclusive society. So, this kind of thread where there is a long line of queue for 2nd rate smafos (when in reality the next quarter earnings will be a complete disaster for Apple) and the homegrown brand Huawei store looks completely deserted are actually lending a hand to the China openness propaganda!:tup::tup:

The Costco rep in North America who sold the Huawei P30 pro to my Dad a few years back, he too was using a Huawei.

We're talking bout the most knowlegeable person in the smafos industry,

:rofl: Well that seals it I guess!
The knowledgeable Costco phone guy...hahaha!

Maybe the valet at the local RitzCarlton owns a Volkswagen...and he drives every luxury car...Tesla is in big trouble now.

..as for Cuba..more Cubans are currently using the "evil American sanction-capitalists phones" than Huawei.
cuba.png

Last edited:
I don’t believe this ranking because this doesn’t put People’s Republic of CCP at Lumber One in every index. This automatically makes it fake, lie and propaganda of every non-CCP citizen. 😊
Well. So we should believe the Indians.

Screenshot_20230906_034047.jpg

MTXX_MH20230823_025044499.jpg

Back
Top Bottom