What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

Are you aware that he and his son have been accused of being massively corrupted and of stealing a lot of money from the defense budget?
no, I just want to prove that some rumor that he's dead is not true

a minesweeper , these ships will help clearing paths for in and out ship convoy in war

Attachments

• HQ-862 sonya minesweeper.JPG
    HQ-862 sonya minesweeper.JPG
    111.4 KB · Views: 58
Are you aware that he and his son have been accused of being massively corrupted and of stealing a lot of money from the defense budget?

Really? do you have any links to this? Who is the General’s son?

Anyway, the UK PM is currently in Viet Nam bringing with him lots of business reps. Hopefully those british weapon companies are there too.

Anything good will come out of this visit @Aqsuperman? any military contract going to be signed?

Really? do you have any links to this? Who is the General’s son?

Anyway, the UK PM is currently in Viet Nam bringing with him lots of business reps. Hopefully those british weapon companies are there too.

Anything good will come out of this visit @Aqsuperman? any military contract going to be signed?

Just something that I used to read, don't remember where. Just google his name together with the word corruption in vietnamese and you'll get the info.
The accusations are very detailed and anyway, what I said is that they have been accused, nothing else. I don't take any particular position other that that, its a subject that is for the vietnamese people to deal with, not me.

Last edited:
They should focus on acquiring Russian and NATO origin weapons for its military and keep the Chinese away from their land.

well i do hope some high-level meeting between us and them will result in several arm deal but for now i say the best realistic outcome are radar technology and some smal upgrade or repair for our US-made weapon , mainly the M113 and maybe some special munition for M101 howitzer , BAE System is quite good at these , while some other like MBDA with a license on Exocet would be needed to support our Sigma

on the side new ,........look like our Party decide to open up some secret afterall :v

Attachments

• T55 AMV on the street.jpg
    T55 AMV on the street.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 66
well i do hope some high-level meeting between us and them will result in several arm deal but for now i say the best realistic outcome are radar technology and some smal upgrade or repair for our US-made weapon , mainly the M113 and maybe some special munition for M101 howitzer , BAE System is quite good at these , while some other like MBDA with a license on Exocet would be needed to support our Sigma

on the side new ,........look like our Party decide to open up some secret afterall :v

Better pic here
T55 AMV on the street.jpg

No protection of the side of the wheels?
Its very clear that they took a lot of inspiration from the Israeli T-55M3 upgrade in that turret, they are even using the same loose chain links in the back of the turret.

Last edited:
Probably some skirt armor will be added afterall , maybe to save up the wear and tear

Better pic here
View attachment 242214

No protection of the side of the wheels?
Its very clear that they took a lot of inspiration from the Israeli T-55M3 upgrade in that turret, they are even using the same loose chain links in the back of the turret.
is it one of our tanks? and what type?
by the way, is this news posted? we have a new patrol boat, based on TT-400: CSB 4035. 54,65m, rộng 9,3m, lượng giãn nước 424 tấn, tốc độ tuần tra 14 hải lý/h; chịu được sóng gió cấp 8, 9; tầm hoạt động ở tốc độ tuần tra 2.500 hải lý.

Sea Platforms

Vietnam Coast Guard inducts TT400TP-class patrol boat into southern command - IHS Jane's 360

Ridzwan Rahmat, Singapore - IHS Jane's Navy International
28 July 2015

0124.jpg

Uua1pPE2.jpg

The Vietnamese Coast Guard (Canh Sat Bien Vietnam, or CSBV) has inducted a 54 m patrol vessel into the service's 'Zone 4' command, local media outlets have reported.

IHS Jane's understands that the command, which is based on the island of Phu Quoc, oversees Vietnam's southern territorial waters that include parts of the Gulf of Thailand.

The vessel, with pennant number 4035, was delivered by local firm Hong Ha Shipbuilding Company in June. This is the fifth TT400TP-class vessel in the CSBV fleet. The vessel was received by the 'Zone 4' command on 27 July.

According to IHS Jane's Fighting Ships , the TT400TP class has a top speed of 32 kt and a standard range of 2,500 n miles at 15 kt.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom