What's new

Video: Islamabad’s ‘wayward’ cheetah caught after seven hours of hide and seek

FOOLS_NIGHTMARE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Attack leaves three injured as wildlife board officials, rescue workers struggle to get hold of wild cat
161941478c8824b.png

After over seven hours of hectic efforts, a cheetah that entered an under-construction house in Phase-II of Islamabad’s private housing society earlier in the day was caught by wildlife and rescue personnel.

The big cat was shot at with a tranquilizer, which took around half an hour to act.

A wildlife official said two team members were injured while trying to get hold of the cheetah during the operation.

Earlier, the animal had injured three people after it entered an under-construction house.

One of the injured was said to be the society’s security guard, and the two others were members of Islamabad’s wildlife board.

The guard was said to be in critical condition.

The Islamabad Wildlife Management Board had issued instructions to the local residents to stay away from the house.

Assistant Commissioner Rural Zukhruf Fida Malik had also advised people nearby to stay indoors. He said teams of the wildlife department and the Islamabad Capital Territory administration were trying to capture the wild cat.

The wildlife board tweeted that rescue teams were present at the site and the cheetah will be freed into its natural habitat once rescued.

They said they were trying to get hold of the animal through a trapper.

The board was being assisted in the rescue mission by Punjab wildlife officials as well as rescue personnel.

thank god it got sedated and released back

some years ago one strayed into one of Delhi's peripheral residential farm areas and the jaahils lynched it :(

Assam:

Looks like it was not very uneventful:

Looks like a monkey owned it:
According to news reports, the animal kept as a pet allegedly by a former senior army official in the DHA neighbourhood managed to get out of the cage and jumped in the street.

According to news reports, the animal kept as a pet allegedly by a former senior army official in the DHA neighbourhood managed to get out of the cage and jumped in the street.
General to be precise so no one that anyone will ever hold accountable or even be allowed to hold accountable… after all, it is his turf(DHA)

Are you sure it was a domesticated cheetah??? I’ve only seen this claim on Reddit and Twitter. If it was then it shouldn’t have been released, it’s going to die in the wild.

Are you sure it was a domesticated cheetah??? I’ve only seen this claim on Reddit and Twitter. If it was then it shouldn’t have been released, it’s going to die in the wild.
The news report says it was a caged leopard in an urban housing complex. That makes it both cruel and dangerous. The only hope is if there is a sanctuary to rehabilitate the troubled animal. This is a big problem here in Texas where private citizens keep large cats as pets. We also have retards who have made a mess in Florida by keeping pythons as pets. Many have inevitably escaped (or let go when the owners can't care for them anymore) and are creating an ecological disaster by feasting on native species.

The news report says it was a caged leopard in an urban housing complex. That makes it both cruel and dangerous. The only hope is if there is a sanctuary to rehabilitate the troubled animal. This is a big problem here in Texas where private citizens keep large cats as pets. We also have retards who have made a mess in Florida by keeping pythons as pets. Many have inevitably escaped (or let go when the owners can't care for them anymore) and are creating an ecological disaster by feasting on native species.
I do get what reports say, but I wouldn’t trust the link you provided because it’s not reputed. I do agree it’s utterly inhuman to keep any animal caged 24/7. I’ll defer my judgment till a more trusted source is available though.

It's a leopard not a cheetah. Too bad all the educated Pakistani have left leaving behind retards.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom