What's new

Video: Exercise Yudh Abhyas 2014

nice video!!....still waiting for a coll vide by Robert Ham like this one from 2012 my fav one :D

i'm little confused... why indian army is fielding older weapons in this excercise as compared to yudh abhyas 2012 or in any other exercises?? you can see our army using Sterling submachine gun in that video...

i'm little confused... why indian army is fielding older weapons in this excercise as compared to yudh abhyas 2012 or in any other exercises?? you can see our army using Sterling submachine gun in that video...

The IA units from 2012 were from the Parachute Regiment and the Mechanized Infantry, both units are much better equipped than most of the other regiments in the Army.

The IA units from 2012 were from the Parachute Regiment and the Mechanized Infantry, both units are much better equipped than most of the other regiments in the Army.
in YA 2014 they are form SF and gurkha regiment...

I agree that the level of equipment shown by the IA in Ex Yudh Abhays 2014 is embarrassing to say the least. They really don't look much better equipped then they did 60 years ago.

The only thing that was nice to see was the DRDO 40mm UBGL in use by members of the squads.

Apparently US SF and IA SF took place in this exercise, hoping we get vids of that soon...

in YA 2014 they are form SF and gurkha regiment...
No SF (from either side) has been shown till date.

I agree that the level of equipment shown by the IA in Ex Yudh Abhays 2014 is embarrassing to say the least. They really don't look much better equipped then they did 60 years ago.

The only thing that was nice to see was the DRDO 40mm UBGL in use by members of the squads.

Apparently US SF and IA SF took place in this exercise, hoping we get vids of that soon...

No SF (from either side) has been shown till date.

but army's press release says SF are also conducting excercise... even in indo-china army excercise IA use latest version of INSAS... then why did they use older version in this excercise?? our army didn't want to show their latest equipments to US army??

but army's press release says SF are also conducting excercise... even in indo-china army excercise IA use latest version of INSAS... then why did they use older version in thin excercise?? our army didn't want to show their latest equipments to US army??
SF took part but no pics/vid of their involvement has come out yet (who knows if it will?). And that's not how the IA works- they don't test new equipment during these exercises the level of equipment shown depends on the units that are participating. As @Koovie said, in Yudh Abhays 2012 the Mech Infantry were the ones representing the IA and they are, traditionally, better equipped than the regular infantry (the case in most armies). And in the PLA-IA exercise the IA's participation was made by the Sikh Li who seem to be (a lot) better equipped than these general infantry of the Gurkhas. The Sikh Li has traditionally been an elite unit in the IA so they are likely to be better equipped also with the kit trickling down to the general infantry in time. Simiarly in Yudh Abhyas 2013 the IA side was represented by members of the Para Brigade so, again, likely to be better equipped than general infantry.

This had nothing to do with the IA not wanting to show their latest stuff to the US (how laughable anyway right? Look at how much better equipped the US army is anyway) but purely down to want units were participating on the IA side.

SF took part but no pics/vid of their involvement has come out yet (who knows if it will?). And that's not how the IA works- they don't test new equipment during these exercises the level of equipment shown depends on the units that are participating. As @Koovie said, in Yudh Abhays 2012 the Mech Infantry were the ones representing the IA and they are, traditionally, better equipped than the regular infantry (the case in most armies). And in the PLA-IA exercise the IA's participation was made by the Sikh Li who seem to be (a lot) better equipped than these general infantry of the Gurkhas. The Sikh Li has traditionally been an elite unit in the IA so they are likely to be better equipped also with the kit trickling down to the general infantry in time. Simiarly in Yudh Abhyas 2013 the IA side was represented by members of the Para Brigade so, again, likely to be better equipped than general infantry.

This had nothing to do with the IA not wanting to show their latest stuff to the US (how laughable anyway right? Look at how much better equipped the US army is anyway) but purely down to want units were participating on the IA side.

but i expect better than this... there is no need for using Sterling gun in this excercise.. how can anyone share tactics and methods when one side is using high tech weapons and other one is using outdated one?? i think indian army should consider the fact that they are going to conduct an excercise with worlds most advanced army before deploying WW2 gun.

but i expect better than this... there is no need for using Sterling gun in this excercise.. how can anyone share tactics and methods when one side is using high tech weapons and other one is using outdated one?? i think indian army should consider the fact that they are going to conduct an excercise with worlds most advanced army before deploying WW2 gun.
Indeed but that's where much of the IA is at right now, yes the CT forces, SF and to some extent Mech Infantry have some good kit but much of the frontline infantry are still in the 1960s. As for the sterling, the IA hasn't even ordered their replacements yet so of course it is still in service (disgracefully) as is the Bren.

Indeed but that's where much of the IA is at right now, yes the CT forces, SF and to some extent Mech Infantry have some good kit but much of the frontline infantry are still in the 1960s. As for the sterling, the IA hasn't even ordered their replacements yet so of course it is still in service (disgracefully) as is the Bren.

this is the problem.. if they don't have the budget to buy a good kit they why the hell is army increasing the number?? pakistan army have good weapons when it comes to small arms category..even 50% of their infantry have optical sights to the guns. they have good basic equipments ( given by US as WoT aid.) the current situation of IA and its tendency to increase manpower instead of increasing quality of equipments remembers me the soviet army in WW2.. they give rifle to one man and ammo to another so if the rifleman got killed the man who have the ammo can takes the rifle and fire at enemy!!!

this is the problem.. if they don't have the budget to buy a good kit they why the hell is army increasing the number??
It's a very valid point. The IA top brass don't seem to understand they could do more with less- if they cut the force some and increased the budget per soldier each soldier would act as a force multiplier and the IA as a whole would be more lethal not less.

Ah well, I am optimistic about the future budgets are increasing and F-INSAS is progressing at a decent pace I am told. This is a marathon and not a sprint now.

But still, they are not even wearing Bulletproof vest, joints protection gears. Even where the hell INSAS is, even the Delhi Police is much better equipped than those.

It's a very valid point.

Ah well, I am optimistic about the future budgets are increasing and F-INSAS is progressing at a decent pace I am told. This is a marathon and not a sprint now.

F-INSAS??? is that project still on!!?? it was told that F-INSAS will be deployed in 2012.. now it is 2014 no news about it

F-INSAS??? is that project still on!!?? it was told that F-INSAS will be deployed in 2012.. now it is 2014 no news about it
Of course it's still on and F-INSAS is MUCH more than just a project to upgrade the equipment of individual soldiers (in fact that is just a small part of the F-INSAS program). The F-INSAS is also about transforming the IA into a net-centric force able to operate with a Net Centric Warfare environment. In fact many of the Command and Control elements under the F-INSAS ambit have already been deployed since late 2012.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom