What's new

Victory Day INDIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

6528.jpg

Lieutenant Generals Harbakhsh Singh and Joginder Singh Dhillon, along with other army personnel, stand next to an abandoned Pak Army M4 Sherman tank

6504.jpg

Heavy Load Coming Through! A bulldozer tows a captured Pak Army Patton to Bhikiwind. In the background, more tanks await to be towed

Just like what happened to your forces in Lahore and Sialkot? Well you lose some to get some. It is a war afterall. Not some bollywood movie.
what happen to our forces in sialkot we were still inside Pakistan when ceasefire come to existence u were unable to dislodge us from est of the canal, the whole area was returned to Pakistan after 3 month of ceasfire in January next year :lol:

6522.jpg

Prime Minister Lal Bahadur Shastri atop a captured Pak Army Patton

6531.jpg

Vice Admiral Bhaskar Sadashiv Soman, Chief of Naval Staff, paid a visit to Patton Nagar - the suburb near Bikhiwind Village, about 25 miles from Amritsar, named after the famous tank of which the Indian Army took such heavy toll. In this township are to be seen 94 of the tanks, the bulk of them American Pattons, that were the pride of Pakistan's 1st Armoured Division

exactly what victory in 65?-
Pakistan's victory. They captured the whole of Kashmir after their resounding successes in Operations Gibraltar and Grand Slam. They even captured half the Indian Army and destroyed three quarters of its air force.

I thought you knew? This is taught in Pakistani text books, so you should have known! :P

0578.jpg

Sherman - Pakistan Army - Ichogil, Outskirts of Lahore

Chafee.jpg

Patton Tank loaded into tank carriers to be transported as war trophy

General+JN+Chaudhuri.jpg

Gen. N.C. Chaudhury congratulating soldiers before ceasefire, Ichogil Canal, Lahore

Havaldar+Baz+Singh+Dogra+Reg.jpg

Pakistan Patton cleared by Jawan using grenade, Asal Uttar

ichogil.jpg

Destroyed pontoon bridge of Pakistan Army over Ichogil Canal
Kalra.jpg

Indian soldiers inspecting a captured Sherman

Last edited:
Pakistan's victory. They captured the whole of Kashmir after their resounding successes in Operations Gibraltar and Grand Slam. They even captured half the Indian Army and destroyed three quarters of its air force.

I thought you knew? This is taught in Pakistani text books, so you should have known! :P

as soon as i got the notification of the reply- and saw that it was from you- i instantly knew something really stupid coming my way- :lol:-
and you did not disappoint me- :D-

Who cares about a few tanks at khem karan when you have khem karan itself?
War historians, including Dr. Philip Towle, regard the Indian resistance near Khem Karan as one of the key turning points of the war, one which tilted the balance of the war in favor of India.Peter Wilson statesthat the defeat of Pakistan Army in the battle of Asal Uttar was one of the greatest defeats suffered by Pakistan forces in the course of Indo-Pakistan war of 1965.

Ref:Wars, Proxy-wars and Terrorism: Post Independent India - Peter Wilson Prabhakar - Google Books

According to military historian Steven Zaloga, Pakistan admitted that it lost 165 tanks during the 1965 war, more than half of which were knocked out during the "debacle" of Asal Uttar

Indian Forces mauled PA with 1:10 tank kills

Destroyed Pakistani tanks in 'Patton Nagar'.

PattonNagar01.jpg

PATTON+1.jpg

Destroyed Pakistani Tanks, Longewala.
6511.jpg

Tank tracks at Longewala. Photographic reconnaissance image taken at the time showing the desperate last minute manoeuvres by Pakistani tanks in the sector, trying to dodge and escape aerial rocket attacks from IAFs Hunter aircraft.. Circles show destroyed Pakistani tanks.

0045h.jpg

Longewala-Tracks.jpg

Where J&k was concerned, in 1947, Pakistan had sent well-armed raiders into Jammu & Kashmir but denied its hand in the invasion. They reluctantly accepted their involvement only when the presence of regular Pakistan army was detected in J&K by the UN observers who were deployed there after the Cease-Fire agreement in 1948.

A similar attempt to deny involvement was made in 1965 (Op Gibraltar) and repeated in Kargil in 1999; Pakistani top brass seems to have learnt no lessons despite repeated failures of such operations.

so after watching windjammer thread i decide to open this one to commemorate our brave soldier & our great victory during 1965 war
Albeit, you allegedly only been on the forum for a couple of weeks, still you do acknowledge that we Pakistanis are an influence to the Indians...... stick around you will learn a lot more.....in the mean time enjoy the wishful thinking.

as soon as i got the notification of the reply- and saw that it was from you- i instantly knew something really stupid coming my way- :lol:-
and you did not disappoint me- :D-
Beware of posting anything corny! Big brother is watching you!!
vision-15166.gif
:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom