What's new

Featured Vice Admiral M. Amjad Khan Niazi promoted to Admiral rank & appointed as Chief of Naval Staff

I imagine must of been part of Agosta 90B project early on. No other reason French thrown medals at you....

Hi,

Possibly in charge of the ship that rescued french ambassador and embassy staff during a crisis over a decade ago.

I do not remember the crisis but a Pakistani naval ship was in the viccinity and the captain decided to take on the french on board for safety and was later awarded the award.

I think hindsight is great thing. If one is not in possession of all the facts and input it really is hard to stand in judgment of someone who had to make on the spit, split second decisions within the rules that have been handed down to him by the civil leadership. In fact we do not even know if permission for a kill was asked for and denied.

I am glad you have the confidence to stand in judgment. I never could....

Hi,

Like hindsight on feb27---

like hindsight in the 65 war when Ghazi saw the indian air craft carrier at anchor and did nothing.

Pakistan military is a living legend of "hindsights"

What is PNS Zafar? Can't be a ship... in islamabad?

BTW in that photo he looks like he's 35 years old even though he's already got 35 years of service in the navy! Did he find Aab-e-hayat somewhere? :D

Naval establishments are known as ships. PNS Hafeez is a hospital in PNS Zafar :yes4:

He looks quite young compared to previous Naval chiefs.
Welcome sir to hold the command of PN.
I hope under his command, PN will substantially improve in all aspects and will become a true green water navy with better offensive capabilities.

Hi,

Like hindsight on feb27---

like hindsight in the 65 war when Ghazi saw the indian air craft carrier at anchor and did nothing.

Pakistan military is a living legend of "hindsights"

This makes absolutely no sense in relation to what I wrote. How does your reply tell us anything about the exact situation Pak Naval officers found themselves in during the confrontation with the Indian sub?

This makes absolutely no sense in relation to what I wrote. How does your reply tell us anything about the exact situation Pak Naval officers found themselves in during the confrontation with the Indian sub?

Hi,

Comments and discussions are like flowing water---.

They choose their own direction to how the term " hindsight" is looked at when the name " Pakistan Millitary " comes into question.

Hi,

Comments and discussions are like flowing water---.

They choose their own direction to how the term " hindsight" is looked at when the name " Pakistan Millitary " comes into question.

Yes, maybe I did not realise this forum was designed to patronise the Pakistan military. If only they could of had the foresight you have.

Yes, maybe I did not realise this forum was designed to patronise the Pakistan military. If only they could of had the foresight you have.

Hi,

Being a defense forum---the reasoning should not be to kow tow to the pak military establishment.

Strategy game plan should be discussed---.

Damn he looks like a youngster.... May he serve Pakistan for many years to come iA

I hope he whole heartedly believes in indigenous development of weapons technology.

Hi,

Being a defense forum---the reasoning should not be to kow tow to the pak military establishment.

Strategy game plan should be discussed---.

When you insult the decision making capacity of someone who has served Pakistan his whole life without being in full ownership of all the facts of a particular situation it certainly does not come over as discussing a "game plan", it comes over as ignorant

He should have ordered the IN sub blown out of water or at the very least surface and surrunder.

For the simple fact that it was let go puts a question mark on his decision making.
Indians blew our Atlantic just for flying close to the border.

Blind nationalism should not have overtaken his decision making. The PN could not handle an all out war with the IN at that point. And not sinking it but showing you could have conveys the same message while improving our international image. The Indian navy is the most competent force of India.

Indians could shoot down our Atlantic and get away with it because their international image and economy was good, and we could not sustain all out war.

When you have someone who decides first by pride then by cold hard facts, you get the RSS run military India has today resulting in humiliations like Feb 27 against a cool headed enemy.

Back
Top Bottom