What's new

Featured Vice Admiral M. Amjad Khan Niazi promoted to Admiral rank & appointed as Chief of Naval Staff

ASKardar

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
New Project.jpg

Vice Admiral M Amjad Khan Niazi has been appointed as new Naval Chief after being promoted to the rank of admiral.

President Dr. Arif Alvi gave his consent to the appointment of Amjad Khan Niazi on the advice of Prime Minister Imran Khan.

Admiral Amjad Khan Niazi will take charge as new Naval Chief on October 6.

Last edited:
Congratulations to him I hope he believes in aggressive expansion and for an aggressive role for Pakistan Navy in this region.

Vice Admiral Mohammad Amjad Khan Niazi joined Pakistan Navy in 1983. Also a recipient of the Sword of Honour, the officer has an illustrious career with wide-ranging experience of various command and staff appointments. His major command appointments include commanding officer of PNS Badr, commanding officer of PNS Tariq, commander 18th Destroyer Squadron, commandant PNS Bahadur and commandant Pakistan Navy War College, Lahore. His distinguished staff appointments include director naval operations, principal secretary to Chief of the Naval Staff, director general naval intelligence, deputy chief of the naval staff (training and evaluation) at the Naval Headquarters and chief naval overseer (China).

He is a graduate of the Army Command and Staff College, Quetta and National Defence University, Islamabad. The officer has been awarded Hilal-i-Imtiaz (Military) and Sitara-i-Basalat by the Government of Pakistan and French Medal Chevalier (knight) by the Government of France. Prior to assuming the command as Commander Karachi, he was serving as Commander Pakistan Fleet.

Vice Admiral Mohammad Amjad Khan Niazi joined Pakistan Navy in 1983. Also a recipient of the Sword of Honour, the officer has an illustrious career with wide-ranging experience of various command and staff appointments. His major command appointments include commanding officer of PNS Badr, commanding officer of PNS Tariq, commander 18th Destroyer Squadron, commandant PNS Bahadur and commandant Pakistan Navy War College, Lahore. His distinguished staff appointments include director naval operations, principal secretary to Chief of the Naval Staff, director general naval intelligence, deputy chief of the naval staff (training and evaluation) at the Naval Headquarters and chief naval overseer (China).

He is a graduate of the Army Command and Staff College, Quetta and National Defence University, Islamabad. The officer has been awarded Hilal-i-Imtiaz (Military) and Sitara-i-Basalat by the Government of Pakistan and French Medal Chevalier (knight) by the Government of France. Prior to assuming the command as Commander Karachi, he was serving as Commander Pakistan Fleet.
Impeccable credentials starting from the Academy. The right choice.

I imagine must of been part of Agosta 90B project early on. No other reason French thrown medals at you....

VICE ADMIRAL MUHAMMAD AMJAD KHAN NIAZI APPOINTED AS CHIEF OF THE NAVAL STAFF

VICE ADMIRAL MUHAMMAD AMJAD KHAN NIAZI APPOINTED AS CNS.
The President of Pakistan has been pleased to appoint Vice Admiral Muhammad Amjad Khan Niazi as Chief of the Naval Staff and promoted him to the rank of Admiral. His promotion to the rank of Admiral will be effective from the date of assuming Command of Pakistan Navy.

Vice Admiral Muhammad Amjad Khan Niazi will succeed Admiral Zafar Mahmood Abbasi who will relinquish the Command of Pakistan Navy on 7 Oct 20. The Change of Command ceremony will be held at PNS ZAFAR, Islamabad.

Vice Admiral Muhammad Amjad Khan Niazi was commissioned in Operations Branch of Pakistan Navy in 1985 and won the coveted Sword of Honour upon completion of initial training at Pakistan Naval Academy. During his illustrious career, Vice Admiral Muhammad Amjad Khan Niazi has served on various Command and Staff appointments. Command appointments of the Admiral include command of two Type 21 ships PNS BADR and PNS TARIQ, Commander 18thDestroyer Squadron, Commandant PNS BAHADUR, Commandant Pakistan Navy War College/ Commander Central Punjab Lahore, Commander Pakistan Fleet and Commander Karachi. His distinguished staff appointments include Principal Secretary to Chief of the Naval Staff, Head of F-22P Mission China, Deputy Chief of Naval Staff (Training & Evaluation) and Director General Naval Intelligence. Currently, the Admiral is serving as Chief of Staff (Operations) at Naval Headquarters, Islamabad.

The Admiral is a graduate of Army Command & Staff College Quetta and National Defence University Islamabad. The Admiral also holds Masters Degree in Underwater Acoustics from Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, China.

In recognition of his meritorious services, the Admiral has been awarded Hilal-e-Imtiaz (Military) and Sitara e Basalat. He has also been conferred with the French Medal Chevalier (Knight) by the Government of France.

Interesting background. With the stint as Head of F-22P project in China and the Masters from Beijing it seems he has a strong connection with Chinese military and industry. Be interesting to find out the reason for the Chevalier award from France.

He should have ordered the IN sub blown out of water or at the very least surface and surrunder.

For the simple fact that it was let go puts a question mark on his decision making.
Indians blew our Atlantic just for flying close to the border.

I think hindsight is great thing. If one is not in possession of all the facts and input it really is hard to stand in judgment of someone who had to make on the spit, split second decisions within the rules that have been handed down to him by the civil leadership. In fact we do not even know if permission for a kill was asked for and denied.

I am glad you have the confidence to stand in judgment. I never could....

Back
Top Bottom