What's new

USA is finally out of Afghanistan

If you look at the Ms. Maleeha Lodhi interview to Karan Thapar I posted few posts above, she is saying that 'Pakistan is not in a rush to recognize the Taliban govt' . But then she was asked about when/recognition from the West, she, with a wry smile, said '4-5' Western countries don't determine Pakistan's decision. I am paraphrasing but that's what I recollect. It's in English and one is free to watch--BTW, both she and Karan are brilliant in their own ways in general.

So... Pakistan knows that recognizing a Taliban govt without at least some more countries, such as Russia/China/Iran/Qatar/Turkey, only puts Pakistan in the spotlight like it was from 1996 onwards. NO GAIN, ALL PAIN!

Interesting that even China has said it will take time to recognize the Taliban. Somebody has to be first, right? Any guesses?

Interesting that even China has said it will take time to recognize the Taliban. Somebody has to be first, right? Any guesses?

Pakistan had already said several days ago: It is going to be a 'regional decision'. No guesses but I suspect some regional countries are going to announce same time or almost same time after consulting.

Pakistan had already said several days ago: It is going to be a 'regional decision'. No guesses but I suspect some regional countries are going to announce same time or almost same time after consulting.

Seems like a reasonable guess to me.

Brave and Beautiful Pakistani lady journalist Sumaira Khan is back to Pakistan and speaking from heart telling her own experience--far from the agenda-driven Western media. A MUST WATCH and MUST be Propagated to the world in whatever capacity we can. Remember that: The mightiest 'intelligence agencies' are exposed naked in the last 2-3 weeks and we must be open to other viewpoints, such as this lady's observations.

Now we know why both the US & Afghan Military lost. This is type of Training that was being provided...

@Imran Khan
The Indian culture has destroyed the Kabuli thugs….

May God protect the USA….
The US equipment are now in much more competent hands! And, it’s good for their ads…

1630626963705.png

Perhaps the first civilian flight after 31 Aug.
1630669690083.png

1630669744726.png

Flying into Pakistan airspace. CS KGB 4942

The video of Sumaira Khan I shared in post #275 above is really well worth watching. She was perhaps in a unique position to know the events because being a female on the ground, having access to the Western journalists and their own links, and having access/trust of the Taliban around her. This video talks about a lot of things in a sweeping manner. But one startling claim she's making is that on the night of the departure, the withdrawing US troops had a dinner with the Taliban fighters as a sort of military-to-military handover ceremony of the Kabul Airport to the Taliban; previously, I had only heard of a handshake between the two sides just before the departure.

Great video. Thanks for the share.
I haven't seen Michael Moore in a long time but in early 2000s I used to watch his videos and even bought his books. He makes very serious points often in hilarious ways, though that's missing in this particular video.
Moore is correct: Biden stood his ground and the 'buck did stop with him'! That is a sign of a true leader. I loved his speech about the Afghan withdrawal in April 2021 and he has been broadly consistent since then. It may cost the Democrats the midterm elections even more than predicted, and it may even cost the Dems 2024 Presidency but decades later it will be judged that the evacuation, as messy as it was, was still not too bad given the circumstances; in that regard, Moore brilliantly points out the Dunkirk evacuation where tens of thousands of Allies troops died, despite Hitler not wanting to kill a lot, (and yet Hollywood still makes movies as a heroic triumph--sigh!).

Also, the video clearly points out a retrenchment of America at least in short term from the militaristic foreign policy of the past several decades. In that regard, Trump was not an aberration: He reflected the American public opinion then and Biden is riding on that wave.

And I dare say, with cautious optimism, that America is going to be a better global partner for the world going forward...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom