What's new

USA is finally out of Afghanistan

1630545144746.png

1630545199162.png

1630545245422.png

1630545284846.png

How Pakistan's brave lady journalist Sumaira Khan started to change the media coverage about Afghanistan. And yet the Indus News is so ignored??!! Do Pakistanis not know how to use the immense English language heritage to get Pakistan's message across? For this is all is as much about soldiers fighting as about the narratives being built around the world!

Is it because it is owned by Malik Riaz?

I doubt that.
It is the Pakistani internet viewers who have to project this channel which, along with TCM Originals, use English language and must be propagated. Pakistan has inherited considerable English language background just like India but Pakistanis are happy to chat with each other in Urdu channels and often in pathetic places like the Haqeeqat TV.

I doubt that.
It is the Pakistani internet viewers who have to project this channel which, along with TCM Originals, use English language and must be propagated. Pakistan has inherited considerable English language background just like India but Pakistanis are happy to chat with each other in Urdu channels and often in pathetic places like the Haqeeqat TV.

Obviously, what you are saying is important, but goes against the Pakistani penchant for creating only self-serving echo chambers with only certain views being propagated, present forum included, instead of interacting with others where their views can be questioned and need to be defended logically, not emotionally.

Obviously, what you are saying is important, but goes against the Pakistani penchant for creating only self-serving echo chambers with only certain views being propagated, present forum included, instead of interacting with others where their views can be questioned and need to be defended logically, not emotionally.

True.
But Indians are not much better and in fact, some of their forums are far less tolerant of any dissent narrative than this forum is. Also, you, like me, live in America and would know the various echo-chambers where the American Left and American Right are pitted against each other where dissent is ridiculed and stomped down.

This forum, for all it's faults, is still better than many other forums I know and I say kudos to the moderators and administrators on that count.

What I was saying is that Pakistan has considerable English language background unlike most countries of the world. This is confirmed by tourists who visit Pakistan and they enjoy that aspect. But Pakistan is punching well BELOW its weight in getting its POV across using English language. Pakistan needs to start working for a WION, if not an Al Jazeera of its own!

And yet we are so quick to blame others for our faults and problems. Why is that?

I don't know the exact terminology for this, but it's the mind set of blaming others to be a perpetual victim. We've seen families in Pakistan where 1 son works and supports the immediate family and also the brothers family (wife and kids). Other siblings are lazy and often complain of no money, etc. But when it comes down to it they'll blame the government for not giving them money.

I will say it's more so we've not advanced our culture and thinking, and I put the blame squarely on the parents for their children's failed upbringing along with the failed education policies of the country to mold a progressive society like the German's for example. The lad pyar destroys a persons will.

Last edited:
I don't know the exact terminology for this, but it's the mind set of blaming others to be a perpetual victim. We've seen families in Pakistan where 1 son works and supports the immediate family and also the brothers family (wife and kids). Other siblings are lazy and often complain of no money, etc. But when it comes down to it they'll blame the government for not giving them money.

I will say it's more so we've not advanced our culture and thinking, and I put the blame squarely on the parents for heir children's failed upbringing along with the failed education policies of the country to bold a progressive society like the German's for example. The lad pyar destroys a persons will.

I will leave it at that. :D

On topic, when will countries start recognizing the Emirate of Afghanistan under the Taliban now that USA has left the country.

On topic, when will countries start recognizing the Emirate of Afghanistan under the Taliban now that USA has left the country.

If you look at the Ms. Maleeha Lodhi interview to Karan Thapar I posted few posts above, she is saying that 'Pakistan is not in a rush to recognize the Taliban govt' . But then she was asked about when/recognition from the West, she, with a wry smile, said '4-5' Western countries don't determine Pakistan's decision. I am paraphrasing but that's what I recollect. It's in English and one is free to watch--BTW, both she and Karan are brilliant in their own ways in general.

So... Pakistan knows that recognizing a Taliban govt without at least some more countries, such as Russia/China/Iran/Qatar/Turkey, only puts Pakistan in the spotlight like it was from 1996 onwards. NO GAIN, ALL PAIN!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom