What's new

US to offer F-35 fighters to India

With all due respect if they can sell things to Pakistan who is close to China then may i ask why they would hesitate to sell anything to India??? Also you very well know about P-8i deal right??? Moreover it shows US confidence in proliferation records of India....

they are selling it to clean up their own mess, which are "Taliban", well I dont wont this conversation to go any further

well good luck India, F-35 is the most sexiest fighter out there :tup:

Last edited:
If this is the true news. Lets hope that Indian politicians don't come up with some idiotic calculations to deem this plan not suitable for Indian Navy.

It is being reported by Indian media only - can someone post an International source to the news please?

It is being reported by Indian media only - can someone post an International source to the news please?

According to Wiki:

The F-35 is a possible future offer to the Indian Air Force as of July 2007. This has been interpreted as part of a tactic to sell the F-16 as a multirole fighter to the IAF, as part of its competition to acquire 126 new fighters.[217] Lockheed Martin formally expressed its interest to sell F-35s to India.[218] It is also known that the Indian Navy has shown interest in buying the F-35B.[219]Lockheed Martin has offered ‘B’and ‘C’ versions of the F-35 fighters aircraft to meet Indian Navy’s requirements for carrier-based combat aircraft.

Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

According to Wiki:

The F-35 is a possible future offer to the Indian Air Force as of July 2007. This has been interpreted as part of a tactic to sell the F-16 as a multirole fighter to the IAF, as part of its competition to acquire 126 new fighters.[217] Lockheed Martin formally expressed its interest to sell F-35s to India.[218] It is also known that the Indian Navy has shown interest in buying the F-35B.[219]Lockheed Martin has offered ‘B’and ‘C’ versions of the F-35 fighters aircraft to meet Indian Navy’s requirements for carrier-based combat aircraft.

Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wikipedia

slogan: there is nothing more unreliable

If this is the true news. Lets hope that Indian politicians don't come up with some idiotic calculations to deem this plan not suitable for Indian Navy.

It is not suitable for a number of reasons...first among the multitude reasons is that fulfilling existing orders itself will mean the India will not get the jet till after 2020.

Second is that the F-35 B the only one which can take off from the small Indian carriers is the worst F-35 of them all. Without a reinforced surface on the carriers,it will burn a hole straight through them not to speak about load limitations.

The F-35C is a good option but they will need to make the IAC2 a lot bigger than IAC1 to accommodate it.

I used to do my homework using Wiki sometimes and never got anything wrong till now. :P :D

I also do my homework using Wikipedia, but when it comes to countries some patriotic people do some edits :D, dont be naive you know that :partay:

If you are going to retaliate at least be HONEST in your post OK? I'm not going to reply to dishonest posters who post garbage. Of the highlighted parts you don't have those planes and will never get them.

Don't be childish in your response to my posts. You know I am right, I just made you mad so you have to respond with lies and 12 year old comments. Please try not to post anything nonsensical. If I recall India turned away the F-16IN or shall I say, they got wind they were not going to get approved the sale so instead of looking inferior to Pakistan and a military joke to the rest of the world they "claimed" they were not interested anymore and turned to Russia.

Let me remind you Pakistan is a Major non-NATO ally (MNNA), something India will never be. Pakistan gets weapons/military equipment on demand. You need companies that have hit rock bottom to come to you in a desperate attempt to increase their profitability.

When you procure these planes F-16IN, F-35, F/A-18 SH, or to say the least have the U.S. government approve the go ahead of these sales then come talk to me, as the MRCA Tender is not backed by the U.S. Government and from the U.S. Government side it is a COMPLETE JOKE.

I'm done this thread. There is no point arguing with those who are happy about a fictitious sale. :taz:

i stopped reading at that point, do you even know anything about the MRCA deal ? lol The MRCA is backed by the government, LM and Boeing cannot offer US tech without consent of the congress.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom