What's new

US Stealth UAV RQ-170 downed in IRAN

I was surprised by it too when the video showed a location at the top of the craft where it would have allegedly deployed,,
I posted in this thread a long time back on how certain flying wing characteristics allow it to enter a stall/spin which causes it to actually mimic a helicopter blade and generate a little lift as it comes down at a much slower rate than other aircraft. Its able to survive crash landings - it is a known occurrence with flying wings

I posted in this thread a long time back on how certain flying wing characteristics allow it to enter a stall/spin which causes it to actually mimic a helicopter blade and generate a little lift as it comes down at a much slower rate than other aircraft. Its able to survive crash landings - it is a known occurrence with flying wings
to me looked more like an access point for maintaining the engine

I came across this last night when doing a little research on the topic and I think that is most likely as you said; no parachute, but it was flown to exhaustion and it landed softly and intact.

I came across this last night when doing a little research on the topic and I think that is most likely as you said; no parachute, but it was flown to exhaustion and it landed softly and intact.
Oh,I remember this one. :sarcastic:
What was really funny,not to mention deliciously enjoyable,were the comments,especially once the [western/us] posters began to realise and reluctantly accept that the iranians actually had this machine in their possession.These comments ranged from pure rage that this had somehow been allowed to happen,to pure tinfoil hat conspiracy theories about "trojan horses" deliberately sent to iran as part of some ridiculous sabotage plan.

Wouldn’t make sense for parachute for this since its belly included sensitive electronics to “sniff” the air of nuclear sites for radioactive material.

Even a parachute landing could damage the sensitive electronics.

Wouldn’t make sense for parachute for this since its belly included sensitive electronics to “sniff” the air of nuclear sites for radioactive material.

Even a parachute landing could damage the sensitive electronics.
I'm leaning towards SQ8's assessment; No parachute, but characteristics of the wing design allowed to fall more or less intact after it was flown to exhaustion.

I'm leaning towards SQ8's assessment; No parachute, but characteristics of the wing design allowed to fall more or less intact after it was flown to exhaustion.
that's a freaking flying wing , no design can be as unstable as it . without its computer controlling the flight it hit earth while rotating around itself like crazy .
a normal drone could do that but a flying wing no

that's a freaking flying wing , no design can be as unstable as it . without its computer controlling the flight it hit earth while rotating around itself like crazy .
a normal drone could do that but a flying wing no

@Hack-Hook is right. RQ-170 flying wing design was unstable. I remember when Hajizadeh released the Iranian version he said they lost many clones during R& D due to unstable nature of flying wing and drone operators learning how to fly it.

So I doubt Iran could hack it and fly it till exhaustion without losing control the first time it ever touched a flying wing.

Either it went down on its own due to jamming which activated its auto pilot and subsequent attempt at soft landing. Or Iran hacked and told it to land.

Iran did it in Syria years later, it hacked a Predator drone. US then destroyed the drone when it was on the ground via air strike. I think US was too arrogant and didn’t encrypt its sat comm on the drone thus leaving wide open vulnerability.

@Hack-Hook is right. RQ-170 flying wing design was unstable. I remember when Hajizadeh released the Iranian version he said they lost many clones during R& D due to unstable nature of flying wing and drone operators learning how to fly it.

So I doubt Iran could hack it and fly it till exhaustion without losing control the first time it ever touched a flying wing.

Either it went down on its own due to jamming which activated its auto pilot and subsequent attempt at soft landing. Or Iran hacked and told it to land.

Iran did it in Syria years later, it hacked a Predator drone. US then destroyed the drone when it was on the ground via air strike. I think US was too arrogant and didn’t encrypt its sat comm on the drone thus leaving wide open vulnerability.
It was Jamming + GPS-mil spoofing with replay attack.

I though everybody already knows that in 2022.

Negative comment about Iranian achievements.
honestly ? have you ever read what i said ? it seems you guys comprehension is somehow flawed , that comment if anything praise iran action on how we captured rq-170 and debunk the theory of the drone malfunctioned and crash land in Iran and we found it .
again clawing at straws , and again suggest become a real man and find something real

at least read what we were discussing its just 4 post above the one you hastily linked
1662457738487.png

1662457794562.png

1662457828233.png

and that won't change the fact that a flying wing design is inherently unstable and without its computers it cant stay in the air. if anything the instability of the design show the extend of iran achievement , even till today only iran and usa have a functioning flying wing design and other countries are still working on it and at best are in prototype stage
find something real

Last edited:
honestly ? have you ever read what i said ? it seems you guys comprehension is somehow flawed , that comment if anything praise iran action on how we captured rq-170 and debunk the theory of the drone malfunctioned and crash land in Iran and we found it .
again clawing at straws , and again suggest become a real man and find something real

at least read what we were discussing its just 4 post above the one you hastily linked
View attachment 876583
View attachment 876584

View attachment 876585

and that won't change the fact that a flying wing design is inherently unstable and without its computers it cant stay in the air. if anything the instability of the design show the extend of iran achievement , even till today only iran and usa have a functioning flying wing design and other countries are still working on it and at best are in prototype stage
find something real

You never knew what a real man is or was, otherwise you wouldnt be the way you are, oghdeyi! Iran hacked or jammed the drone which allowed it to land in tact. Bravo Iran! The fact that Iran can keep something, as you assert, unstable in the air and part of its drone fleet is testament to the quality of Iranian reverse engineering and adaptability to its needs. It isnt a downplay on it, as you so desperately try to convey. Like you said, Iran has been able to do something that only US can do...but you're still unhappy and being borj e zahr e mar. This is real! Unlike your contrived concerns about indegenous production. I will continue to highlight where you have neen unreasonably negative to Iranian indegenous efforts. People are waking up, Hack Pook.

You never knew what a real man is or was, otherwise you wouldnt be the way you are, oghdeyi! Iran hacked or jammed the drone which allowed it to land in tact. Bravo Iran! The fact that Iran can keep something, as you assert, unstable in the air and part of its drone fleet is testament to the quality of Iranian reverse engineering and adaptability to its needs. It isnt a downplay on it, as you so desperately try to convey. Like you said, Iran has been able to do something that only US can do...but you're still unhappy and being borj e zahr e mar. This is real! Unlike your contrived concerns about indegenous production. I will continue to highlight where you have neen unreasonably negative to Iranian indegenous efforts. People are waking up, Hack Pook.
now that i prooved you are wrong you resorted to profanity , clearly not a sign of real man , more like the signs of disorder you attribute to me.
wonder whats your problem , first you hallucinate something that can't be found in my post then when pointed out you claim i didn't meant what i post and claim you care about indigenous production and i'm not while the fact remain that in every post i promote indigenous production and you acquiring equipment from foreign sources .
honestly,.........................
I suggest go get some help

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom