What's new

US prepared to snatch Pakistan nukes

Paks nukes are in danger. Just want to know, what if (IF) USA does take it? What are you gonna do about it? You obviously can't attack them. So what will be your next step?

Tora Bora was just the begining of testing a new war doctrine. (believe me when I say this)

And if nothing significant happened in Tora Bora then why so many terrorists ran away from this region?

Point is that humans are susceptible to shock factor. Powerful weapons can demoralize people on ground very easily, regardless of them being seasoned warriors or not.

I agree about the shock factor but not that it has effect regardless of the nature of the fighters on the receiving side. The SPD are arguably the most well trained and fiercely motivated armed security contingent in Pakistan. These people will not be influenced much by the shock factor. When I joined up at Bajaur, we used to get a rocket barrage from the TTP multiple times each day. For the first two days, I would get up from sleep during a rocket barrage and back up against a solid wall. Come day 3, I just slept through it, if a shell fell close by, I'd wake up and be like: "If there's one meant for me, it would follow me around the world, no need running away from fate" and just try to sleep again. After a week, I no longer woke up, even when our 155mm pounded militant positions throughout the night.

However, in a worst case scenario, all kinds of (possible) issues are taken in to consideration and new tools are invented to address them. The beauty of having immense resources.

You can have infinite resources but there are limits to innovation. So far the only possible answer to a radioactive dust cloud is a giant fan. Hardly practical.

Good point but 'nuking the nukes' theory is regarded as one of the most effective ones. Though US is improving its conventional capabilities for these kinds of scenarios.

It is an effective method if collateral damage is to be avoided. A radiation leak is the least of your problems, it can very well set off a fission reaction and with a multitude of warheads, we can have a serious issue of our hands, not to mention the signal for a nuclear holocaust.

All of Pakistani nukes can be rendered useless. We do not have thousands of nuclear weapons and neither the geography the size of Russia to hide them.

I disagree, we have plenty of locations to hide them, their location a well guarded secret. There are a number of dummy locations as well. The odds of getting all 200 (estimated) warheads is one in many trillions.

Paks nukes are in danger. Just want to know, what if (IF) USA does take it? What are you gonna do about it? You obviously can't attack them. So what will be your next step?

1) They are not in danger.
2) If taken we will start producing new warheads, in tandem, we will have to attack American interests in the region. The American mission in Afghanistan is an obvious target.

^ Agreed!

If US go for such adventure Pakistan will destroy Afghanistan with in seconds where US have most important bases along with full NATO/US forces. Nightmare for USA if go for such thing....
re for USA if go for such thing....

So genius now you want us to believe your "truth" even if it sounds like fiction
Those who are blind to 'ground realities' around them will remain so. My assertions will not make any difference.

It is the same old story; people still question that why Musharraf joined WOT.

I agree about the shock factor but not that it has effect regardless of the nature of the fighters on the receiving side. The SPD are arguably the most well trained and fiercely motivated armed security contingent in Pakistan. These people will not be influenced much by the shock factor. When I joined up at Bajaur, we used to get a rocket barrage from the TTP multiple times each day. For the first two days, I would get up from sleep during a rocket barrage and back up against a solid wall. Come day 3, I just slept through it, if a shell fell close by, I'd wake up and be like: "If there's one meant for me, it would follow me around the world, no need running away from fate" and just try to sleep again. After a week, I no longer woke up, even when our 155mm pounded militant positions throughout the night.
I respect your point-of-view. However, their is hell of a difference between destructive power of (lets consider) a Daisy Cutter and 155 mm shells and RPG rockets. US now possesses far more destructive conventional bombs. And I am not talking about even tactical nukes.

Believe me! No individual on ground can handle this level of firepower.

US only used 6 super (conventional) bombs in Tora Bora region. They shook the targeted mountains to their cores and battle-hardened Taliban and its allies fled from the region like hell.

You can have infinite resources but there are limits to innovation. So far the only possible answer to a radioactive dust cloud is a giant fan. Hardly practical.
Being a researcher, I will disagree with this assertion. If their would be limits to innovation - this world would have progressed so much in such a short span of time after the inception of the field of science and technology.

There are many many brilliant minds employed in organizations like NASA and NORAD and whatever. Just look at the list of their scientific publications. You will be overwhelmed.

Not long ago, US used to send an aircraft (Space Shuttle) in to space through a rocket. Very recently, US have developed a successor of the Space Shuttle, which can go in to Space and come back like a conventional plane.

Never underestimate your enemies who possess lot more resources then us.

It is an effective method if collateral damage is to be avoided. A radiation leak is the least of your problems, it can very well set off a fission reaction and with a multitude of warheads, we can have a serious issue of our hands, not to mention the signal for a nuclear holocaust.
Nuclear weapons can be destroyed safely and without consequences. Nuclear reactors are another thing.

I disagree, we have plenty of locations to hide them, their location a well guarded secret. There are a number of dummy locations as well. The odds of getting all 200 (estimated) warheads is one in many trillions.
This is your belief.

defensespendingcontext.jpg

Please try to realize the possibilities with this kind of defence budget and how much greater firepower US packs currently in comparison to Pakistan.

1) They are not in danger.
Because we know how to safe-guard them from terrorists. I have full confidence in Pakistani capabilities in this regard.

2) If taken we will start producing new warheads, in tandem, we will have to attack American interests in the region. The American mission in Afghanistan is an obvious target.
Of course, we will continue to improve our capabilities. And so will Americans.

Also, full-scale war with Pakistan will not happen as long as US troops will be deployed in Afghanistan at large-scale. US will take all possible precautionary measures beforehand.

Now, of course, I wish that this kind of scenario never arises. We have worked hard to build our nation. It has its flaws but we all love Pakistan.

^ Thats what i said many times...

If US go for such adventure Pakistan will destroy Afghanistan with in seconds where US have most important bases along with full NATO/US forces. Nightmare for USA if go for such thing....

^ Thats what i said many times...

Due to assumptions like these, I stress that many people in Pakistan do not properly grasp the concept of US contingency plans.

Due to assumptions like these, I stress that many people in Pakistan do not properly grasp the concept of US contingency plans.

In your opinion.

Taking out Pakistani nukes is not a cake walk. The Americans were similarly ahead of Vietnam but had to leave with their tail between their legs.

An empire is always in danger when it and its supporters believe it to be omnipotent

In your opinion.

Taking out Pakistani nukes is not a cake walk. The Americans were similarly ahead of Vietnam but had to leave with their tail between their legs.

An empire is always in danger when it and its supporters believe it to be omnipotent

Well mate judging from LeGenD - We are wasting time. We might as well wrap them up in gift boxes and ask them where they would like them delivered and save them the trouble.
Sometimes i do a facepalm at some of the comments but today looking at his views its a double face palm. The logistics that would be needed to "snatch Pakistan nukes" are beyond his wildest dreams. It isnt going to happen and it wont happen - period.

Yes - i think we should ask our Incredible Indians to lend us their mig 21s to fly them to the US to save them the trouble :angel:
Sorry but Mig 21 is not suitable for nuclear delivery...................................but it does have an excellent track record of shooting down PAF fighters..............:angel:

Sorry but Mig 21 is not suitable for nuclear delivery...................................but it does have an excellent track record of shooting down PAF fighters..............:angel:

Wrong. It has an excellent record of killing it's pilot. Particularly when it is in IAF colors.;)

In your opinion.
Comments of many members here is sufficient evidence.

Taking out Pakistani nukes is not a cake walk.
I never claimed this. I believe that this will be a big military operation involving considerable firepower.

The Americans were similarly ahead of Vietnam but had to leave with their tail between their legs.
Vietnam debacle have taught US some valuable lessons. This war resulted in a major reformation of the US military setup and doctrine. Afterwards, US emerged as the most advanced military power in the world and won the COLD WAR.

Here is Chinese assessment of Post-Vietnam US military capabilities:

-> Modernizing China

-> http://www.rusi.org/downloads/assets/AN00039.pdf (PDF warning)

But of course, Pakistani people have special standards. According to them US itself is an example of epic failure of this world.

Pakistani people, in general, embrace the pride of Genghis Khan without solid reasons. Due to this level of pride, Pakistani people are unable to realize their shortcomings and innovate accordingly.

This is the difference between Americans and us (Pakistani). We are stuck in the days of Vietnam while US have progressed much further.

This advice applies to Pakistan perfectly.

Americans do not regard themselves as omnipotent. They continue to improve themselves as proof.

Well mate judging from LeGenD - We are wasting time. We might as well wrap them up in gift boxes and ask them where they would like them delivered and save them the trouble.
Sometimes i do a facepalm at some of the comments but today looking at his views its a double face palm. The logistics that would be needed to "snatch Pakistan nukes" are beyond his wildest dreams. It isnt going to happen and it wont happen - period.
Yes. Yes.

Why pay attention to constructive criticism?

Why pay attention to our shortcomings?

We have conquered this world already. We are superpower in true sense. Rest is hogwosh.

Please continue.........

Yes please do so, we have laid down all our nukes in a basket for Americans to come and take them all. :eek:
No. We have send them to Planet Mars.

I am still waiting to know that plan by which "god" will neutralize Pakistani nukes. Till now what I have read on this thread it is just about how mighty, cool the "god" is.

Yes - i think we should ask our Incredible Indians to lend us their mig 21s to fly them to the US to save them the trouble :angel:
You know even a serving officer of Pakistan military, who is not working for SPD, will not be allowed to enter the premises of such facilities without proper security checks which take months. Funny thing is they don't even let people come near miles of such facilities, the only way are Americans getting their hands on these nukes, is through teleportation.

I am still waiting to know that plan by which "god" will neutralize Pakistani nukes. Till now what I have read on this thread it is just about how mighty, cool the "god" is.
Pakistan does not requires God to undo it. Some nations in this world are capable of performing this feat. Thank you.

If you can not understand that how GPR, JSTAR, EPW and (God knows what else is in US arsenal) work, I cannot help you. You simply lack the intellect to understand these things.

You know even a serving officer of Pakistan military, who is not working for SPD, will not be allowed to enter the premises of such facilities without proper security checks which take months. Funny thing is they don't even let people come near miles of such facilities, the only way are Americans getting their hands on these nukes, is through teleportation.
This is why bombing makes the difference. Ever wondered?

Pakistan does not requires God to undo it. Some nations in this world are capable of performing this feat. Thank you.

If you can not understand that how GPR, JSTAR, EPW and (God knows what else is in US arsenal) work, I cannot help you. You simply lack the intellect to understand these things.

I know how they work. I know how cool American military is. But still what would be that plan that will practically neutralized Pakistani nukes. I want to know this part.

Back
Top Bottom