What's new

US Planning to Snatch Pakistan's Nukes

Status
Not open for further replies.
☪☪☪☪;1993045 said:
US certainly has capability to do this but they to do this they will have to launch full scale air strikes, ground attacks etc - Can't do it via raid.
Absolutely - this can only be accomplished through an all out massive military assault that seeks to obliterate all possible warheads/warhead storage facilities, as quickly as possible in order to prevent a nuclear launch.

Only a fool would try to do this Rambo style with special ops.

Hypothetically, special Ops would be a possibility if the US had some of the senior active Pakistani military leadership, with extensive knowledge of the warhead storage facilities and combat units under their command, on their payroll. These individuals would then play a role in stalling a Pakistani response to a US assault.

Neither do I. It is not impending for sure, but the trends are not all that rosy either, are they?

I must admit that we aren't actually enjoying the fruits of our successful economic policies but like I said before. Our economy is largely collapse proof. Only if we happen to get a famine, floods, economic recession, war with India all together, will we be in a situation where we will have to face a "Complete" economic collapse.

For an estimate of how likely or unlikely it may be, please consider the Pakistani economic situation and its trends in an impartial way. Numbers don't lie.

I know, and unless Riaz Haq's figures are wrong, I am at a loss to explain how consumer spending and consumer product manufacturing is rising at the rates it is, given the economic situation for the past few years ...

An economy based on a 'agriculture and a massive undocumented sector' may have something to do with it.

The US, or any other entity trying to neutralize Pakistan's nukes, would only focus on the warheads.

Separation of warhead and delivery system is advantageous from a 'security and safety' POV, in terms of accidental launch or 'takeover' by a hostile entity, preventing the hostile entity (terrorists for example) from being able to 'launch the nukes'.

Separation of warheads and delivery systems is not advantageous from the perspective of increasing the risks for an entity like the US thinking about targeting the nukes, since the 'mating time/process' would allow the US additional time to target the nukes before they are launched. That is why, IMHO, some of Pakistan's warheads SHOULD BE (if they are not already) mated to delivery vehicles for a rapid launch in case of any 'operation to neutralize Pakistan's nukes'.

I am pretty sure that has been done already. For example: just look at the 1999 Kargil War. The nukes were pretty much ready to be launched into India in no time.

33bpagm.jpg

2nt90jr.jpg

The US, or any other entity trying to neutralize Pakistan's nukes, would only focus on the warheads.

Separation of warhead and delivery system is advantageous from a 'security and safety' POV, in terms of accidental launch or 'takeover' by a hostile entity, preventing the hostile entity (terrorists for example) from being able to 'launch the nukes'.

Separation of warheads and delivery systems is not advantageous from the perspective of increasing the risks for an entity like the US thinking about targeting the nukes, since the 'mating time/process' would allow the US additional time to target the nukes before they are launched. That is why, IMHO, some of Pakistan's warheads SHOULD BE (if they are not already) mated to delivery vehicles for a rapid launch in case of any 'operation to neutralize Pakistan's nukes'.

Sir, a question where will u launch this nukes ?

[/B]

I am pretty sure that has been done already. For example: just look at the 1999 Kargil War. The nukes were pretty much ready to be launched into India in no time.

Escalations in 2002-03 are a better example of this scenario.

US knows the possible location of our strategic assets,thanks to the large network of CIA operatives,extensive satellite surveillance and Stealth UAV surveillance...

The ASFC has improvised the defenses of these locations,so that they are not only safe from a terrorist threat ( which they were before too ) but also from a foreign military assault...Given this stae of affairs,US has to involve Air force and ground troops on large scale to snatch the nukes...our army will never give them up...any adventure like that will result into a mess,and a full scale war would become necessary like Iraq war...

However,US may try to lift them up through international org...like UN or something....i.e. By diplomatic means...

Sir, a question where will u launch this nukes ?

Wherever ...

The point is not really about where we will launch the nukes, but the fact that Pakistan can 'launch a few/several nukes' before the US or anyone else can neutralize them.

The point is that so long as there is no '100% guarantee of preventing a nuclear launch' in case of an assault targeting Pakistan's nuclear infrastructure, Pakistan has a 'deterrent' against such an assault.

The point is 'deterrence'.

Wherever ...

The point is not really about where we will launch the nukes, but the fact that Pakistan can 'launch a few/several nukes' before the US or anyone else can neutralize them.

The point is that so long as there is no '100% guarantee of preventing a nuclear launch' in case of an assault targeting Pakistan's nuclear infrastructure, Pakistan has a 'deterrent' against such an assault.

The point is 'deterrence'.

Sir, what deterrence u are talking about ? if u can't hit them there is no deterrence and even if u launch it "wherever" the response would be catastrophic for pakistan.

US knows the possible location of our strategic assets,thanks to the large network of CIA operatives,extensive satellite surveillance and Stealth UAV surveillance...
The ASFC has improvised the defenses of these locations,so that they are not only safe from a terrorist threat ( which they were before too ) but also from a foreign military assault...Given this stae of affairs,US has to involve Air force and ground troops on large scale to snatch the nukes...our army will never give them up...any adventure like that will result into a mess,and a full scale war would become necessary like Iraq war...

However,US may try to lift them up through international org...like UN or something....i.e. By diplomatic means...

No they dont.. if they did... well they probably had done it long ago... Our assets r all mobile and dispersed all over the country........ in this situation nobdy can even think abt doing such a stupidity.......... coz Pakistan has not placed its eggs in one basket.......... and even if 1-2 nukes r left in such a stupid misadventure....... well they r phucked.........Not to forget the full scale war tht will follow........ 180 million ppl-70million+ armed... +7th largest military with nukes.

I disagree...Pakistan keeps all nukes in disassembeled form during peace-times...we do not keep any of them at high alert status.

Sir, what deterrence u are talking about ? if u can't hit them there is no deterrence and even if u launch it "wherever" the response would be catastrophic for pakistan.

Why would the world sit by and allow the Gulf Oil infrastructure and Indian, Israeli and Gulf economies to be demolished in a nuclear exchange?

Globalization and the interlinked global economy and the nearby hub of global oil supplies is what gives Pakistan its 'deterrent'.

No they dont.. if they did... well they probably had done it long ago... Our assets r all mobile and dispersed all over the country........ in this situation nobdy can even think abt doing such a stupidity.......... coz Pakistan has not placed its eggs in one basket.......... and even if 1-2 nukes r left in such a stupid misadventure....... well they r phucked.........Not to forget the full scale war tht will follow........ 180 million ppl-70million+ armed... +7th largest military with nukes.

They know....

I agree with you,that they can't do a damn about them without risking a full scale war...

Mobile assets does not mean that they keep moving every time....they are stored in stationary places,but are on the move once mobilized,so that the enemy cannot take them out in a conventional pre-emptive strike.

Why would the world sit by and allow the Gulf Oil infrastructure and Indian, Israeli and Gulf economies to be demolished in a nuclear exchange?

Globalization and the interlinked global economy and the nearby hub of global oil supplies is what gives Pakistan its 'deterrent'.

A better location is the US military bases in Afghanistan and Iraq....attacking them is more direct way of retaliating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom