What's new

US offers naval ship to Bangladesh

Bulls Eye..these are the ships which were built for OPV's role,in which it suits fine.it was not built to perform the role of a Frigate,nor should be made to perform one,using some integration of weapons platform.
That is solely your opinion unless you decide to enlighten us on why you think this is so....

torpedo?? :o:

where are the torpedo tubes mate??plus,do you know about Ship Based SAM??it has to be all planned before making a ship.different module is needed to integrate it,unless you're talking MANPADS here..

get an idea.........

20454d1271933114-ins-shivalik-project-17-shivalika.jpg

Thats INS Sahyadri...locate where Shitl-1 and Barak is positioned.you just can't integrate these with ships without making major reconstruction,don't know even that would be possible after making a ship.

What is this habit of Indians going into a pissing contest on every piece of hardware Bangladesh gets? I don't get it :sarcastic:

Kya sharm nahi aati tum logon ko?

The shivalik class is probably one of the newest series of floaters in the Indian Navy brimming with electronics and weapons. And you're trying to compare it to a forty year old platform which costs probably one tenth if not less even if properly fitted out.

Bangladesh has other priorities thankfully. I'm happy about that. This ship will probably combine Maritime patrol with moderate defensive duties. I don't think its a threat to the Indian navy.:rolleyes1:

BTW the Russian missile system is called Shtil and not Shitl. The name in the diagram is a typo.

@Bilal9

you do understand I'm not comparing INS Shivalik with the hybrid,right??I'm merely saying that just integrating missiles with some large ship doesn't make it a Frigate.a Frigate is a mean machine,quite heavily armed as well as should have to protect itself from various kinds of threat.present day frigates generally has low signature as well as various electronic suits to protect,apart from missiles and ASW rockets and torpedos.integrating missiles in a ship generally makes it a floating missile launch pad,thats it.

and then,i pointed out how Myanmar was making frigates.thats the realistic approach.if BD was too poor to afford frigates,I'd understand.role changing of a warship generally doesn't fare better.when you're living in a hostile neighbourhood,inducting these handicapped intrument generally bog you down further.

and please,I'm a bengali.so you may communicate using bengali.no need to use hindi.

Thanks USA.Gifting it to Bangladesh is like Gifting it to us.Since RAW controls them.:D

@Bilal9

you do understand I'm not comparing INS Shivalik with the hybrid,right??I'm merely saying that just integrating missiles with some large ship doesn't make it a Frigate.a Frigate is a mean machine,quite heavily armed as well as should have to protect itself from various kinds of threat.present day frigates generally has low signature as well as various electronic suits to protect,apart from missiles and ASW rockets and torpedos.integrating missiles in a ship generally makes it a floating missile launch pad,thats it.

and then,i pointed out how Myanmar was making frigates.thats the realistic approach.if BD was too poor to afford frigates,I'd understand.role changing of a warship generally doesn't fare better.when you're living in a hostile neighbourhood,inducting these handicapped intrument generally bog you down further.

and please,I'm a bengali.so you may communicate using bengali.no need to use hindi.

What is the capability of the frigates that Myanmar is inducting?

Let us look at their latest Kyan Sitta Class:

Oto Melara 76 mm Super Rapid Cannons
4 x AK-630 6-barrel 30 mm CIWS guns
6 × SA-N-5 SAM ( F 12 is to be fitted with TY-90)
8 x Kh-35E anti-ship missiles
Triple 324 mm YU-7ASWtorpedoes
Rocket Launchers, possibly ASWrockets or decoy rockets

As you can see the SAM is just a navalised man-portable SAM. Once modified the BD frigates will have FM-90 which wil have at least equal the range.

The torpedos are again short-ranged ones that will be matched with the upgrade that the Chinese will be carrying out.

So for the price of 50 million dollars(cost of Chinese to upgrade) BD gets a frigate that will deliver the same firepower as a ship that will cost between 150-200 million dollars. Yes they will only last 10-15 years but it is worth it at such a low price.

These ships will keep the BD Navy competitive with Myanmar while BD focuses on eliminating poverty.

Aside from the topic, @BDforever How many Type 56 Corvettes is BN procuring I read 2 but I read 4 more still I don't trust it would be expensive for BN No?

Aside from the topic, @BDforever How many Type 56 Corvettes is BN procuring I read 2 but I read 4 more still I don't trust it would be expensive for BN No?

In terms of finances, BD can easily afford them as the current defence budget is around 3 billion dollars, when the arms imports are taken into account. Each Type-56 costs 100 million US dollars.

The issue is there is no concrete information on what exactly will happen.

In terms of finances, BD can easily afford them as the current defence budget is around 3 billion dollars, when the arms imports are taken into account. Each Type-56 costs 100 million US dollars.

The issue is there is no concrete information on what exactly will happen.

There was planning to build the Type 56 at Khulna Shipyard owned by the Navy at a new yard further downstream in Khulna.

Khulna Shipyard is already building the smaller gunboat and will start with the Durjoy class craft in short order. Those programs can continue at the older yard for which it is ideal. But Type 56 will require a larger new yard.

Of course either Ananda or Western can easily build the shell and superstructure for type 56 as well. Any yard in Bangladesh will need Chinese ToT for weapons placement and databus integration if AShM and weapons suite integration is needed.

I have confirmed with my indirect sources inside BN that neither Khaleda nor Hasina can provide a roadblock to these plans. Hasina has to go along otherwise 'gaddi' is no longer hers to own.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom