What's new

US offers naval ship to Bangladesh

It wont just be anti-ship missiles but SAMs and anti-submarine weapons such as torpedos.

torpedo?? :o:

where are the torpedo tubes mate??plus,do you know about Ship Based SAM??it has to be all planned before making a ship.different module is needed to integrate it,unless you're talking MANPADS here..

get an idea.........

20454d1271933114-ins-shivalik-project-17-shivalika.jpg

Thats INS Sahyadri...locate where Shitl-1 and Barak is positioned.you just can't integrate these with ships without making major reconstruction,don't know even that would be possible after making a ship.

Last edited:
thats the problem with you guys.see,you think adding few ASHMs in any ship can make it frigate,but it is not..it just makes it a sitting duck during wartime as it'll have little or no capability to defend itself what generally a Frigate has.compare it with your "True Frigates" and you'll understand.
Send your navy Commanders to Dhaka to learn a few things about operating a refurbished Frigate that weighs 3,000 ton. Jarvis (Somudra Joy) is the only other Frigate with BN with same dead wt. and same capacity.

Send your navy Commanders to Dhaka to learn a few things about operating a refurbished Frigate that weighs 3,000 ton. Jarvis (Somudra Joy) is the only other Frigate with BN with same dead wt. and same capacity.

A244-S is surface launched light torpedo,range,around 6 km,not adequate when your adversary submarines possess long range and heavier torpedos(it is just like having RBU-6000,not enough.its not even in the class of DTA-53 type torpedo launchers,which could fire 533 mm torpedos)...same goes for FL-3000 or FL-90,which generally serves the purpose of CIWS.a frigate generally needs some good protection against every kind of threats.what about EW Suit and Decoys??
I was talking about structural changes to integrate long ranged SAM,not CIWS.see,making a new frigate and turning another ship to carry out Frigate's job is completely different thing.plus,BD should review its policy now,especially when even Myanmar is making much better and advanced Stealth Frigates on his own.probably you guys forgot 2008 naval stand off with them.

Last edited:
torpedo?? :o:

where are the torpedo tubes mate??plus,do you know about Ship Based SAM??it has to be all planned before making a ship.different module is needed to integrate it,unless you're talking MANPADS here..

get an idea.........

20454d1271933114-ins-shivalik-project-17-shivalika.jpg

Thats INS Sahyadri...locate where Shitl-1 and Barak is positioned.you just can't integrate these with ships without making major reconstruction,don't know even that would be possible after making a ship.

I think you need to get an idea.

We are not talking about installing massive AESA radars and many dozens of medium range VLS SAMs. The FM-90 is a relatively small self-contained radar and SAM system that will easily be integrated into these ships of 3000 tonnes.

Likewise, replacing the sonar and adding in relatively lightweight torpedo's should not be an issue either.

A244-S is surface launched light torpedo,range,around 6 km,not adequate when your adversary submarines possess long range and heavier torpedos(it is just like having RBU-6000,not enough.its not even in the class of DTA-53 type torpedo launchers,which could fire 533 mm torpedos)...same goes for FL-3000 or FL-90,which generally serves the purpose of CIWS.a frigate generally needs some good protection against every kind of threats.what about EW Suit and Decoys??
I was talking about structural changes to integrate long ranged SAM,not CIWS.see,making a new frigate and turning another ship to carry out Frigate's job is completely different thing.plus,BD should review its policy now,especially when even Myanmar is making much better and advanced Stealth Frigates on his own.probably you guys forgot 2008 naval stand off with them.

You do make some good points here.

BD does need much more capable frigates and I am at a loss as to why a 170 billion dollar economy is not able to afford much better frigates that can be purchased for around the 250 million US dollar mark.

But we are where we are. I think that apart from the air force, that BD military can match Myanmar. Let us hope that no military confrontation occurs with Myanmar on the meantime.

I think you need to get an idea.

We are not talking about installing massive AESA radars and many dozens of medium range VLS SAMs. The FM-90 is a relatively small self-contained radar and SAM system that will easily be integrated into these ships of 3000 tonnes.

Likewise, replacing the sonar and adding in relatively lightweight torpedo's should not be an issue either.

and thats why I said,these ships will be sitting ducks.having SAM ranged some 6-10 km is not enough.putting few ASHMs doesn't make a ship "Guided Missile Frigate".see Myanmar's Aung Zeya Class..thats what we call a frigate,even though its Air Defence is weak.even BNS Bangabandhu is a frigate.but not these hybrids.

and thats why I said,these ships will be sitting ducks.having SAM ranged some 6-10 km is not enough.putting few ASHMs doesn't make a ship "Guided Missile Frigate".see Myanmar's Aung Zeya Class..thats what we call a frigate,even though its Air Defence is weak.even BNS Bangabandhu is a frigate.but not these hybrids.

On capability, these are worthless as "naval ship", as coast guard role these are ok.

I think if US agrees to sell them for free about 6-8 of them with BN paying for the upgrades just then its OK. But it should have some VLS SM-3 and AntiShip missiles along with Torpedo tubes as well.

Congratulations, Bangladesh!!

When your country floods, you can pick up all those drowning people from the sea.

Congratulations, Bangladesh!!

When your country floods, you can pick up all those drowning people from the sea.

Douchebag, BD has a 170 billion dollar economy growing at over six per cent a year.

Unlike your rag-tag state we spend money on welfare of citizens over arms imports.

On capability, these are worthless as "naval ship", as coast guard role these are ok.

Bulls Eye..these are the ships which were built for OPV's role,in which it suits fine.it was not built to perform the role of a Frigate,nor should be made to perform one,using some integration of weapons platform.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom