What's new

US moves to harness India to anti-China “pivot”

True, But its better to be safe than be sorry later on. The best possible option is to extract experience from Israeli border forces and implement them in LOC.

Its good to learn from their experience, and get the best tech where possible. But from experience its probably better to build your own policies, procedures and tech that suite the needs on the ground...no 2 situations are ever the same....and likewise the LOC is quite different from the west bank.or gaza.

Either way your never going to resolve such dispute by military means, eventually its the politicians and the locals that decide....

So you admit they do not interfere directly. :disagree:

It would be absurd not to expect them to have friendly relations with pakistan.

Lol, how does it matter whether China interferes directly or indirectly? Would it make it fine if China was putting a friendly face and stabbing you in the back?

And where did I even claim that China only interfere directly?

It would be absurd not to expect them to have friendly relations with pakistan. Even the US has friendly relations with pakistan. In fact both China and the US were responsible for delivering Nukes to pakistan.

So how do you choose between the two devils (or the deep sea) ?

Again even the US has vetoed resolutions against pakistan. More than once. Same for nukes.

The dude that I quoted, was claiming that China was "more trustworthy" so I had to show him how trustworthy the Chinese really were.

And again, I never said US was a saint either! If you were familiar with my stance on US, you would have known that I bash US for various reasons - right from their tacit silence on Pak's Nuclear proliferation, aiding/abetting Pakistan against Indian interests and their insincerity tackling Pakistan terrorism when it comes affects only India and most importantly not sharing timely information about what David Headley was doing in India knowing fully well about him!

The Final argument that just because china has thousands of miles of porus borders and that means they "can" interfere in India is just ABSURD. India has millions of Muslims, does that mean India "can" export terrorists or will have massive terrorism ? I don't even know how to respond to such illogical boogyman.

Rather than ask me to look, why don't you take a deep breath and try to see what should be obvious ?

Well it is not absurd as you think! There have been a number of reports of Chinese arming and providing the logistical support to our NE Rebels. Some elements in Burma also have been accused of doing the same. They couldn't have done that without a common border between us and them! So think before you speak!

Again a foolish and ignorant assumption.

Indian consumption of resources is FAR FAR less than rest of the nations in the world. Be it US, Europe, China or Japan. India cannot even provide enough clean water IN INDIA to people in India and you are talking about providing global resouces to Indian population :cheesy:

We do compete with others for resources, but we are also one of the largest exporter of RAW materials in the world. So much for our concern for resources.

Are you saying that just because India can't provide clean drinking water to all her citizenry, Indians can't have access to natural resources and markets for exports? What kind of logic is that?

India, with its burgeoning population is already one of the biggest consumer of oil and gas! The rate of consumption is only going to increase with population increase and as India industrializes and urbanizes, our consumption is only going to increase!

Doesn't matter if export other RAW materials if you still need to get hold of oil/gas to run your country! By that logic, China also has vast amount of RAW materializes but still goes on fishing expeditions in remote parts of the world for resources!

Actually the comparison is spot on. Just replace "kashmir" with Tibet. (or south Tibet ).

India too is not satisfied with the portion of kashmir and Arunachal it has occupied. It claims more. THAT is why we see Chinese patrolling "inside Indian territories".

Ignorance is not always bliss.

Are you even for real?

The princely state of Kashmir (which includes GB/Azad Kashmir/Aksai Chin) acceded to India - fair and square! And China occupied Tibet FIRST and by extension claim Kashmir and Arunachal!

India would have settled to convert LoC to IB and be done with it (although it wouldn't have been acceptable to me personally!). So yes, your comparison is fundamentally flawed!

And BTW, Chinese intrude into Leh/Ladakh side of the border when they are already the occupiers! The recent intrusions were NOT in Arunachal where they claim it to be their own. EPIC!

Pray tell me, how your views are any different to those JNU-types who claim that India is illegally occupying Kashmir and Manipur (sic)!

@Topic:
Like these Chinese apologist dudes that I quoted, I have seen some Indian members getting all emotional about forming an Asian block with China against US/West! There is NOTHING common between Indian and Chinese interests. India should follow a ruthless policy of self-interest and align with whoever that benefit India the most - very much like what US and China themselves have been doing!

And judging by what China has been doing with her smaller neighbors (especially building artificial islands and putting gun on every rock that breaks the surface in SCS), India would be well advised to be prepared for any eventuality and do everything that ensures her own territorial integrity!

If that means aligning with the 'hegemonic' US/West, so be it!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom