What's new

US military accuses Chinese J-11 of unsafe interception procedures

My question is only, who was indeed moving towards the other one and I don't think the term "suddenly" was used.
It is difficult, if not impossible, to tell. It is a matter of perspective. If you move, it can appear that the other guy is moving towards you. So in this edited video from the Chinese, who can tell who was actually making the 'sudden' maneuver? In flying, you always have slight amount of drift. You or the autopilot system will constantly correct, but drift always occur. A clearly visible maneuver is when you see an attitude change, evident by the wings. We do not see it in this video, so it is difficult to determine who maneuvered.

I don't like anyone preaching to me. Stay away from me.

Preaching?! It's only explaining you the facts! ... so either you accept this and do not boast stupid propaganda or leave it.
I'm not saying what the US does is all correct but simply this is a typical game superpowers play since decades, so there is not only black and white, but a game according to certain rules and one rule is to accept, it is INTERNATIONAL airspace!

It is difficult, if not impossible, to tell. It is a matter of perspective. If you move, it can appear that the other guy is moving towards you. So in this edited video from the Chinese, who can tell who was actually making the 'sudden' maneuver? In flying, you always have slight amount of drift. You or the autopilot system will constantly correct, but drift always occur. A clearly visible maneuver is when you see an attitude change, evident by the wings. We do not see it in this video, so it is difficult to determine who maneuvered.

Thanks !

Well ... some say, it was the RC-135 that changed its flightpath! :what: What's your opinion on this claim?

If it's an international airspace, a plane could change a fight plan based on a range of things. The neighboring nation's can first contact the jet and find out, that is, if the plan was registered with them. Military ops rarely do. But scrambling a jet and fly it right to the nose of a 4 engine plane is hardly an effective way determine a flight plan change :lol:

Preaching?! It's only explaining you the facts! ... so either you accept this and do not boast stupid propaganda or leave it.
I'm not saying what the US does is all correct but simply this is a typical game superpowers play since decades, so there is not only black and white, but a game according to certain rules and one rule is to accept, it is INTERNATIONAL airspace!

Thanks !
say it again. Don't preach to me!

I didn't say robbers were wrong. This is their nature. I won't blame them. But the robbers tried to disguise themselves as the Virgin Mary. It makes me sick.

If it's an international airspace, a plane could change a fight plan based on a range of things. The neighboring nation's can first contact the jet and find out, that is, if the plan was registered with them. Military ops rarely do. But scrambling a jet and fly it right to the nose of a 4 engine plane is hardly an effective way determine a flight plan change :lol:
These SIGINT flights are not as 'spy' flights as people put them out to be. We done it to the Soviets and they to US.

For starter, each airplane is clearly marked as either USAF or USN, indicating their nationality. The insignia, usually called 'roundels', are obvious on every airplane of every country, and as long as the airplane is in international airspace, there is nothing LEGALLY anyone can do, and because the airplane is clearly marked, it cannot be legally classified as covert or 'spying' even with casual language use. When I was active duty, we were told that if any US military personnel are captured, from any situation, we were to retain our uniforms whenever possible. It is international understanding and 'laws of war' that military personnel under official duties are forbidden to wear civilian clothing, and that applies to hardware as well. The vessel, sea or air, must be clearly marked. To be 'spying' the vessel must be unmarked despite being under military command/control. During the Cold War, those Soviet 'fishing trawlers', each festooned with ridiculous amount of antennas, were 'spying' vessels.

We do not criticize the Chinese for responding but to the MANNERS of their pilots after both sides met. The professional expectation is that if we fly steady state, so should the Chinese airmen.

Back
Top Bottom