What's new

US: If China goes to war we will make it go back 100 years

Guys, I strongly suspect this part of paragraph is faked up by Chinese nationalistic extremists/liars.

I personally checked SK newspapers (e.g. INSIDE JoongAng Daily , Arirang | Korea for the World, The World for Korea - Arirang.co.kr ), Western news reports (e.g. WOSU: South Korea urged to hit back hard if attacked again (2010-12-03)), there is none of such words in Burwell B. Bell's remarks.

Frankly, some Chinese’s ecstasy in expecting Sino-US conflict is uncalled for, and is stupid! :taz:

BTW, I guess NK is really cunning: it successfully makes world powers play into its trick. :lol: And you guys please don't.

do you think they'd translate such a provocative remark? on the other hand, i've linked a more reputable site with the exact same title. unless you're saying all chinese news is fake, then we have something else to discuss. it's not china that wants conflict, it is the US that is forcing china into conflict. we are not the ones doing carrier drills off florida with cuba.

edit:

here is Yonhap's article. It says exactly what it says:

http://chinese.yonhapnews.co.kr/n_international/2010/12/03/8000000000ACK20101203003900881.HTML

“在全面战之后,中国是否会参战”的提问,贝尔认为,没有任何国家希望看到韩半岛全面战和中国的参战。很明确的一点是,若一旦参战,中国的经济将会回到100年前的情况。他对此表示:“我们应向中国说明以军事行动应对朝鲜挑衅的必要性,和参战会使中国损毁所有关系等。美国和中国需要在六方会谈的框架外面就此达成协议,在这一过程上,韩国政府应负责斡旋和合作。

6th paragraph.

Last edited:
US has it's hands full right now, they can't even do anything about North Korea. Giant like China is out of the picture.

sorry but China is not Iraq.... simple!!!
Is that a guarantee that the PLA will not lose? Simple comment for a simple mind.

A shooting fight between the US and China will not be on Chinese soil and certainly not on US soil. It will be an air war over Korea. The North Korean air force will be set back 100 yrs and the PLAAF will take its chance in facing the same fate. May be not 100 yrs but more like 75 yrs for China's air power...:D

@C-D
i respect u a lot for ur moderate posts
but u could have atleast read the article before u posted
the article quotes him saying that chinese 'economy' will go back 100 years probably due to pure economic reasons of war.
its poor media or the poster who made the title such provocative and misleading.
i hope u aknowledge that fact.
regards

Chinese economy will go back?

You kidding right? Because with it the US economy will roll up as well.

Dell, HP, IBM, Yahoo........get the point?

Is that a guarantee that the PLA will not lose? Simple comment for a simple mind.

A shooting fight between the US and China will not be on Chinese soil and certainly not on US soil. It will be an air war over Korea. The North Korean air force will be set back 100 yrs and the PLAAF will take its chance in facing the same fate. May be not 100 yrs but more like 75 yrs for China's air power...:D

the US said that last time. home by christmas remember? what about 1000 of your "sophisticated" F-4s being free iron ore for vietnam? and what would the south koreans think about that?

if US went down, it will make sure that china is going along with them. I mean ca'mon US won't give up so easily.

if US went down, it will make sure that china is going along with them. I mean ca'mon US won't give up so easily.

yes, we all know that the US is shameless and has no sense of honor like Russia. When Soviets collapsed, they went quietly, but the US will probably nuke everyone and go on a suicidal "funeral pyre".

We're not going to get stuck into North Korea.

The USA is already stuck in the Afghanistan quagmire, and looking to get stuck in Iran and NK too. Right after causing the global credit crunch and wrecking their own economy on the side.

If they want to bring themselves down, they're not taking anyone with them.

@ Chinese-Dragon

Not speaking as an American, but you probably don't know US well enough. people in DC will make sure that they are not going down, even if they have to nuke somebody,,,,,,

@ below_freezing

But they will do it through cold war type strategy. US is not that dumb to drop actual nuke on someone, because they can expect similar response.

yes, we all know that the US is shameless and has no sense of honor like Russia. When Soviets collapsed, they went quietly, but the US will probably nuke everyone and go on a suicidal "funeral pyre".

It would be the end of civilization as we know it... but on the bright side...

madmax1.jpg

and we cold all pretend like we are playing Fallout 3

@ Chinese-Dragon

Not speaking as an American, but you probably don't know US well enough. people in DC will make sure that they are not going down, even if they have to nuke somebody,,,,,,

When the USSR collapsed, after failing in Afghanistan, they didn't nuke anybody.

The USA will be the same, even if they collapse out of their own failures, they know that there are still millions of American families out there.

If the USSR didn't nuke anyone when they collapsed, the USA will be even less likely to do it.

is there any other reliable source of the news or we are just beating drums for nothing!

is there any other reliable source of the news or we are just beating drums for nothing!

驻韩美军在训练 资料图片

据韩联社12月5日消息,驻韩美军前司令贝尔3日表示,“应对朝鲜挑衅的措施,除了武力没有其他选择”,并强调称,若中国再次参加半岛战争,中国经济将退后到100年前。

贝尔当天在汉城以“韩美同盟关系的发展方向”为主题进行演说。他在谈到对朝问题时强调,韩美两国应向朝鲜表示“强力”且“明确”的信息。他说:“对于朝鲜可能采取的新的挑衅,我们应立即采取非对称的报复攻击。美国的直升机攻击大队应重返韩国部署,前进部署战斗大队,并派遣航空母舰进行联合军事演习。”他还表示,韩国还需要具备强力的导弹防御体系,立即实施防止大规模杀伤性武器扩散的演习,对于朝鲜的“新的挑衅行为,应立即进行报复”。他说:“对于违反诚实和信义的朝鲜挑衅行为,除了武力回应没有其他方案。”

“在全面战之后,中国是否会参战”的提问,贝尔认为,没有任何国家希望看到韩半岛全面战和中国的参战。很明确的一点是,若一旦参战,中国的经济将会回到 100 年前的情况。他对此表示:“我们应向中国说明以军事行动应对朝鲜挑衅的必要性,和参战会使中国损毁所有关系等。美国和中国需要在六方会谈的框架外面就此达成协议,在这一过程上,韩国政府应负责斡旋和合作。”

对于朝鲜半岛统一的展望,他说:“韩美安保同盟是一个防御同盟,而不是先发制人的同盟。但我主张,军事挑衅应以军事方式回应,应以非对称的方式反击。”他还说,“我们应记住,半岛统一唯有在不惜全面战的决心下,才能争取得到

פº«ÃÀ¾üǰ˾ÁÖйúÔÙ²ÎÕ½½«±»´ò»Ø°ÙÄêÇ° - »·Çò·çÔÆ - ÌúѪÉçÇø

:D

Back
Top Bottom