What's new

US: Here's More Evidence That Iran Is Helping al Qaeda In Syria

BLACKEAGLE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Jordan
Iran+&+al+qaeda.jpg

The U.S. Treasury Department has accused Tehran of allowing senior al Qaeda members in Iran to move Sunni fighters into Syria, Jay Soloman of The Wall Street Journal reports.

Earlier this month, U.S. officials told Al Jazeera that senior al Qaeda operative Yasin al Suri — who is suspected of moving money and operatives into Syria since 2011 — is now running operations from Iran with the tacit blessing of the government.

The latest charge by Obama administration provides further evidence that parts of the Islamic Republic's government or military have been at least indirectly enabling the rise of extremists in Syria while also serving as Syrian President Bashar al-Assad's closest military and diplomatic ally.

From WSJ:

The Treasury sanctioned a senior Uzbek member of al Qaeda, Jafar al-Uzbeki, for allegedly using Iran to move fighters into Syria. The U.S. said Mr. Jafar is part of an al Qaeda network operating from Iran that has also moved fighters into Pakistan and Afghanistan "and operates there with the knowledge of Iranian authorities."

The Treasury added that the network "also uses Iran as a transit point for moving funding and foreign fighters through Turkey to support al Qaeda-affiliated elements inside Syria," including the main al Qaeda affiliate Jabhat al-Nusra.

Iran denies the allegations.

Turkey has harbored al Qaeda financiers and allowed many extremists to pass from its territory into Syria over the course of the war.

Al Monitor reports that about a month ago, a high-ranking delegation from Iran visited met high-ranking Turkish officials, including Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan, and "there was agreement on exchanging information and coordinating closely on the situation in Syria."

The Nusra Front and more recently Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham (ISIS) have been selling oil to the Assad regime. ISIS, the most extreme rebel faction in Syria, is dominated by foreigners. Activists claim that one ISIS leader who was captured in Aleppo held an Iranian passport.

Read more: US: Iran Is Helping Al Qaeda In Syria - Business Insider

Signaled for trolling with untrusted MOSSAD documents

Zionist Al Qaeda are destroying Syria, ally of Iran, killing shias for Iran?:cheesy:

The war is good for Israhell, wahabits who are all clean

facepalm.jpeg

How can Iran be ally with Al Qaeda when they are fighting them in Syria?

Or providing Iraq army with logistical support to fight Al Qaeda?

Or supporting Hezbollah in Lebanon against Al Qaeda groups?

Or they are not even Shia organization to begin with but a Suuni side organization.

Al Qaeda and ISIL etc are the most anti Shia and Iran organization, do you think they will stay neutral if they spot a Shia on street?

That you take this report seriously...

Look at what the UK, France and US did in Libya. Not that Ghaddafi was a good person, but it is clear now that those three states supported an insurgency to weaken the Libyan regime, and then finally intervene militarilly to overthrow it. The insurgents were mainly of Al Qaeda fabric, and many of those are now even in Syria.
All of this with the support of the Gulf monarchies, mainly Qatar. (I think they even assisted in bombing).

They view Libya adventure as an example of great success, which is why they tried to replicate the exact same scenario in Syria.
Now that that failed so miserably, they are covering up the mistakes by pinning the blame on Iran (Syria's main strategic allly) and accusing them of supporting Al-Qaeda, a staunch enemy of Iran.

It really cant get more ridiculous than this. :lol:

As I've said, I advise people not to quote western sources for middle eastern sensitive affairs since either way they want the worst for us and have disregard to civilian lives they distort the image of the revolution to turn into a giant proxy war in which US has to take action for Israel. This is the bottom line, don't encourage this my friend.

U.S officials' statements regarding Iran don't worth crap, let alone wasting time on reading.

And considering the history of OP about Iran, it makes even more sense.

No one force you to read but truth remains truth. Its not something new that Iran is supporting Al-Qaeda and other terrorism organizations in the region be it that In Iraq, Lebanon, Yemen and now Syria. Throwing money and arms here and there while Iranian left to starve . Heck not even that but throwing men under the bus as well, diplomate kidnapped in Yemen, border guards who can't guards themselves kidnapped recently and list goes on. You don't know where the slaps coming from. Btw not only the US who says so but many countries around the globe share same opinion.

7769_10151959052901242_1239033837_n.jpg

And you cry when the bite come to you.

No one force you to read but truth remains truth. Its not something new that Iran is supporting Al-Qaeda and other terrorism organizations in the region be it that In Iraq, Lebanon, Yemen and now Syria.

This, coming from a Saudi Arabian means that it's wrong by all means to answer this comment.

So yeah, whatever you say. ;)

This, coming from a Saudi Arabian means that it's wrong by all means to answer this comment.

So yeah, whatever you say. ;)

What? you left speechless as usual! I don't take from you. Saudi Arabia has already done what others didn't do. Enough that the UN counter terrorism center was found and financed by KSA. We just handed $100m recently to the center and we are a UN player in the field.

In 2011, through a voluntary contribution of the Government of Saudi Arabia, the United Nations Secretariat was able to launch the United Nations Counter-Terrorism Centre (UNCCT)

uncct-4.jpg

uncct-5.jpg

uncct-6.jpg

:chilli::chilli:

But what about Iran? Iran and state-sponsored terrorism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Dude, seriously, don't post these jokes for me, some people may fall for them, but not me. Posting links on internet is not the hardest thing to do.

Saudi Arms Shipments to Al Qaeda Rebels Waiting behind Iraq’s Borders with Syria | Global Research

Documents Back Saudi Link to Extremists:
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/24/world/middleeast/24saudi.html?_r=0Documents

Saudi Bankrolling of al-Qaeda Well Known to U.S. Government

WikiLeaks: Saudis Largest Source of Terror Funds - CBS News

So spare me of these 'anti terrorism' nonsense. UN is a useless organization from the base.

Last edited:
Dude, seriously, don't post these jokes for me, some people may fall for them, but not me. Posting links on internet is not the hardest thing to do.

Saudi Arms Shipments to Al Qaeda Rebels Waiting behind Iraq’s Borders with Syria | Global Research

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/24/world/middleeast/24saudi.html?_r=0

Saudi Bankrolling of al-Qaeda Well Known to U.S. GovernmentSaudi Bankrolling of al-Qaeda Well Known to U.S. Government

Saudi Bankrolling of al-Qaeda Well Known to U.S. Government

WikiLeaks: Saudis Largest Source of Terror Funds - CBS NewsWikiLeaks: Saudis Largest Source of Terror Funds

I don't really care what some media outlets says. Saudi Arabia was prized by the international community as a whole for its efforts in standing against terrorism.

I thank the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for hosting this meeting and for the traditional Saudi hospitality that has been extended to us.

I especially want to recognize the commitment and generosity of His Majesty King Abdullah. His support has played a crucial role in making the United Nations Counter-Terrorism Centre a reality.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

It has not been long since the Centre was established within the Counter-Terrorism Implementation Task Force at UN Headquarters.

But in that short span of time, the Centre has generated great interest among counter-terrorism practitioners and policymakers, and attracted strong support from Member States.

The presence of so many Permanent Representatives and senior officials from capitals here today is further testimony to the breadth and depth of that backing.

I once again thank the Government of Saudi Arabia for its initiative in establishing the Centre, and to all of you for helping to develop it.

The need is eminently clear. Terrorism continues to affect all regions of the world. It has left a heavy toll of ruined lives and deferred hopes for peace and prosperity.

But the world is fighting back against this menace.

The United Nations Global Counter-Terrorism Strategy, adopted by consensus by all Member States in the General Assembly, is the cornerstone of a truly global multilateral response.

The UNCCT strengthens the CTITF’s capacity to support Member States in implementing this Strategy.

At the High-level Symposium on International Counter-Terrorism Cooperation that I convened in September last year, Member States from around the world called for increased collaboration, particularly at the regional level, on the implementation of the Strategy.

Over the past year-and-a-half, the CTITF, in partnership with relevant member entities and partners, has contributed to the development of comprehensive and integrated regional counter-terrorism strategies.

One notable success was the adoption of a regional counter-terrorism plan for Central Asia. I urge the UNCCT to support similar CTITF endeavours in other regions where terrorism is a threat and where regionally-led coordinated action has been a challenge.

I also encourage you to focus on developing institutional and technical capacities at the national level. The UNCCT can provide strong support in this area, especially in the elaboration and review of national strategies.
Capacity-building is best done with comprehensive mapping of strengths and shortcomings, and solid analysis of priority needs.

I particularly encourage the Centre to support the CTITF’s Integrated Assistance for Countering Terrorism initiative – I-ACT – which aims to ensure coherence among the various UN entities and partners working on national capacity building. A lot of work is already under way, notably in Nigeria and soon in Burkina Faso. But the needs are great and we must respond to the strong interest at the national level by engaging closely with national institutions on programme development and delivery.

A number of other key issues also merit the Centre’s support.

Suppressing the financing of terrorism is a critical area where internationally-accepted guidelines need to be effectively applied.

At the strategic level, we need to try to understand – and counter – the appeal of terrorism. That means building a culture of dialogue, spreading education and promoting inter-community engagements. I am heartened to note the strong focus that CTITF entities have given to this area.

The importance of protecting human rights while countering terrorism cannot be overemphasized. But we must move beyond rhetorical support and truly demonstrate, through our actions, our commitment to upholding human rights and the rule of law.

The UNCCT also has great potential to solidify international action on highlighting and supporting the plight of victims of terrorism. Victims and their families are among the most powerful voices in the fight against terrorism, and I urge the UNCCT to support their efforts.

Excellencies,

Your deliberations here today will help chart a course of activities for the months ahead.

I am confident that the Centre’s work will contribute to CTITF activities, which have expanded greatly and now cover numerous thematic topics with the support of 31 United Nations agencies and international partners.

This is an important time in the struggle against terrorism.

Our resolve to tackle and suppress this threat is strong, and the UNCCT is a key tool at our disposal to achieve better coordination and effective action.

Let me again thank the Government of Saudi Arabia for hosting this meeting. I urge you to come up with solid ideas and initiatives for the UNCCT, and I wish you all a productive session.

Thank you.

You see these aren't my words but the Secretary-General of the United Nations.:azn:

Now let's go back to the topic Iran and Al-Qaeda.

Adios:wave:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom