What's new

US facing challenges from India, China: Panetta

Washington: For the second time in less than two months, US Defense Secretary Leon Panetta has said that the country is facing challenges from rising powers in Asia - China in particular and also includes India - in 21st century.

"We have got the challenges of dealing with rising powers in Asia. We have got the challenge of, you know, dealing with countries like Russia, rising countries that - like India and others.

"All of that represents the kind of challenges that we are going to have to deal with in this world of the 21st century," Panetta told PBS News Hour in an interview.

I take more divide and rule doctrines are in the pipeline.

In Seventies also Amrika was against us with full throttle. But even those days we sailed our boats with ease.

Why take tension now, when wind is in our favor.

there you go see for yourself? who normally started the bashing .

And i have personally reported his post! But you can't say that only Indians do the bashing? is it?

You can see chines members do start many numerous India bashing threads and so does Indians so its a cycle you cant say only Indians do! Everyone needs to stop mutually !

And i have personally reported his post! But you can't say that only Indians do the bashing? is it?

You can see chines members do start many numerous India bashing threads and so does Indians so its a cycle you cant say only Indians do! Everyone needs to stop mutually !

i m not denying chinese member dont do it but majority of time they are coming from indians , cant you see i dont even have to give you example they are coming in this thread fast and furious.

i m not denying chinese member dont do it but majority of time they are coming from indians , cant you see i dont even have to give you example they are coming in this thread fast and furious.

whats wrong with you cute nv sheng??;)

Its a cycle man! But if you compare ! You will see there are more India bashing threads then china bashing threads because India bashing threads are started by both pakistani/chines members! Anyway all this can't be stopped unless mods take strict action or members stop it mutually from both sides.

meanwhile just take a look at threads started by chines member lamplam. you will get a picture.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/151466-india-can-win-nobel-dirty.html

Its a cycle man! But if you compare ! You will see there are more India bashing threads then china bashing threads because India bashing threads are started by both pakistani/chines members! Anyway all this can't be stopped unless mods take strict action or members stop it mutually from both sides.

meanwhile just take a look at threads started by chines member lamplam. you will get a picture.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/151466-india-can-win-nobel-dirty.html

Ok you tell me how many india bashing article is from chinese media, the answer is i tell you is next to zero, compare that to your media on china bashing the answer is too many to count, dont you think this said something about your guys mentality?

Ok you tell me how many india bashing article is from chinese media, the answer is i tell you is next to zero, compare that to your media on china bashing the answer is too many to count, dont you think this said something about your guys mentality?

there are 3 chinese with fake flags and they do open threads regularly.We just send you back what they do and throw to us.
we have nothing against you but those trolls destroy everything.

I think i am talking about members opening India bashing threads on this forum and not about the media outlets printing bashing thread? right?

I think you are generalizing here!

Umm, the US will look after US interests. It doesn't care for any other country other than the US. It will look after its strategic interests when it involves other countries.

Most sovereign nations think the same way. Why is anyone surprised? They will always consider any threats to their supremacy as challenges and will do their utmost to make sure their supremacy is not reduced.

Don't hate because your respective countries don't have enough respect for itself to do the same.

The US of A has been trying its darnedest for establishing a New World Order since the last decade so that it can be the unchallenged and unrivaled force that will rule the world according to its diktats.

I think its high time countries like India, China, Russia, Pakistan, Brazil and South Africa form an alliance to thwart the establishment of an empire ruled by the Bilderbergs and Illuminati and form a New World Order of their own.

While I agree with your analysis on American attempts to perpetuate its world domination, the question here is that do we wish an American domination to be replaced by a Chinese one? Or will we be better off in a world in which both dominate, a bipolar world? We know that America is on an inclined plane going down, but it will remain a dominant power for at least another 5 to 6 decades and will continue to be a great power far beyond that. China is on its way up. There will be no abrupt end to the American super power status but a gradual winding down. In such a scenario, we shall witness a period of say a decade or two when both the US and China share world domination as they pass each other on different trajectories.

Indian and US interests do not always coincide and if we refuse to play ball, we have seen the American media getting ugly like it did after their fighters were turned down and now a fresh dose of India bashing after the FDI in retail fiasco. However, India has much to gain from the high tech US defence industry. Also, the US does not directly or indirectly threaten us in any manner.
China, otoh remains an existential threat to India. Chinese propping up of the Pakistani military against India is a blatantly hostile activity as are the Chinese inroads being made into our neighborhood. No amount of on camera smiling and hand shaking between MMS and Mr Wen Jiaboa can convince us that China's intentions towards India are benevolent. As the energy needs of India and China grow, there will be areas where conflict situations may arise. As matters stand today, India lacks the capability to stare down China in a showdown. The situation will be different in another decade or two by which time we will be strong enough to look after our interests world wide but even then we will need allies and friends.

This is the lean period during which India needs the support of like minded countries or countries with whom our interests converge on specific issues. In the Asia pacific theatre or the Indo Pacific, it is the US, Japan, Australia, Vietnam etc. However, India will steer clear of joining groups/alliances with specific anti Chinese agenda unless we are literally pushed to the wall.

I also do not also see India joining an anti US block unless it is temporarily expedient to do so to safeguard our economic interests like importing crude from Iran or the climate issue.

there are 3 chinese with fake flags and they do open threads regularly.We just send you back what they do and throw to us.
we have nothing against you but those trolls destroy everything.

Normally is the other way round we just defend ourself by throwing it back with one or two exception , even yourself admited some of it is from guys with false flags.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom