What's new

US Drone strikes in Pakistan are illegal under international law.

Title of this thread is "Illegal US Drone Strikes in Pakistan".

I fail to understand why the defense force (esp. army & airforce) of the country is not doing their job, ie to protect the civilian from outer aggression. According to me there can only be two reasons:

1. These actions are not illegal according to them hence they do not take any action.
  2. These drones are mystical creatures and they (army/air-forces) can not do anything about it, instead of watching.

To me point 1 seems more probable and hence these drone strikes can't be called illegal. Point 2 seems impossible as if one try they can shoot down a drone (refer to Iran)

Its high time for the citizen of Pakistan to ask their defense forces to clarify their stand, not just speak about its illegality but also do something.

Many users have relatives in the defense forces. They can ask them why there is lack of any action from the defense forces?

The Drone-A-Day prescription for these foreign terrorists looks similar to the Apple-A-Day treatment to keep away the Doctor. The CIA joystick-wielders sure have a sense of twisted humour.

Title of this thread is "Illegal US Drone Strikes in Pakistan".

I fail to understand why the defense force (esp. army & airforce) of the country is not doing their job, ie to protect the civilian from outer aggression. According to me there can only be two reasons:

1. These actions are not illegal according to them hence they do not take any action.
  2. These drones are mystical creatures and they (army/air-forces) can not do anything about it, instead of watching.

To me point 1 seems more probable and hence these drone strikes can't be called illegal. Point 2 seems impossible as if one try they can shoot down a drone (refer to Iran)

Its high time for the citizen of Pakistan to ask their defense forces to clarify their stand, not just speak about its illegality but also do something.

Many users have relatives in the defense forces. They can ask them why there is lack of any action from the defense forces?
yes , that's really shame to us that army is not doing anything about it .but all the decisions are made at higher levels .our public has no participation in decision making .this ******* govt is not democratic .Salo na Banizir ke mot sa khoob passa kamaya .sala ****** politicians .100 dogs die and one politicians born Zoordari

Sunday, May 27, 2012

US drone kills four ‘terrorists’ in Miranshah

MIRANSHAH: A US drone attack killed four terrorists at a house near Miranshah, bordering Afghanistan on Saturday, security officials said. “A US drone fired two missiles at a house and at least four militants were killed,” a senior security official said. “The identities of the militants killed in the drone strike were not immediately known,” he said. Two other officials confirmed the attack. Residents said they were woken up by the sound of low flying aircraft and the noise of the missile strike. “The house caught fire after missiles hit it and militants immediately cordoned off the area and were searching in the rubble,” a local tribesman said. afp

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

They bombed a mosque, then a bakery (claiming foreign militants were dead, but did not know who of which nationality.. what a joke!)

May they and their supporters burn in hell and die horrible deaths

by there point of view they are legal
the problem is that why they are not using drones against Iran who is there enemy and against us who is there friend
reason is brave leader
they reject usa request of handling rq-170 and here in Pakistan they even take back the tail of stealth black hawk
many drones even down in Pakistan now where is there wreckage

AFP: US drones kill 5 militants in Pakistan: officials

MIRANSHAH, Pakistan — A US drone attack early Monday killed at least five militants in a volatile northwestern Pakistan tribal region near the Afghan border, security officials said.
The attack took place in Hassokhel town, 25 kilometres (16 miles) east of Miranshah, the main town of North Waziristan, which is a known stronghold of Taliban and Al-Qaeda linked militants.
It was the third such attack in the area since Thursday.
"The US drones targeting a militant compound and a vehicle fired four missiles killing five rebels," a Pakistani security official said.
The compound came under attack for a second time after some 20 minutes, with US drones firing four more missiles, he said.
Another security official confirmed the attack and casualties, saying the identities of those killed was not known but the area "was known for harbouring Uzbek, Arab and other foreign militants".
Washington considers Pakistan's semi-autonomous northwestern tribal belt the main hub of Taliban and Al-Qaeda militants plotting attacks on the West and in Afghanistan.
North Waziristan is a stronghold of the Haqqani network -- Afghan insurgents blamed for a series of spectacular attacks on Western targets in Kabul -- and Pakistani Taliban chief Hakimullah Mehsud.
But Islamabad has been resisting US pressure to launch a sweeping offensive against militants in the area.

I think US has decided to increase the drone attacks, if my guess is right.

What can PPP do? Does your army oppose it?
The PPP government can choose to escalate the issue by taking it to the ICJ, UN, calling for a moratorium on the strikes while the issue is resolved, and subsequently ordering the PAF to ensure that Pakistani airspace is kept clear of unauthorized traffic (this could be done in multiple ways, such as flying frequent air patrols in the area, which would, given the amount of air traffic, be an indirect means of limiting drone flights in the same airspace).

The PPP could also deny permission to US/NATO air traffic over Pakistani territory, in addition to the ground transit lines.

Given the amount of support the PPP would get over such a position (including from the average soldier in the Army and lower level officers - assuming the generals are 'sold out'), there is nothing the Army leadership could do to stop the PPP.

The PPP government can choose to escalate the issue by taking it to the ICJ, UN, calling for a moratorium on the strikes while the issue is resolved, and subsequently ordering the PAF to ensure that Pakistani airspace is kept clear of unauthorized traffic.

The PPP could also deny permission to US/NATO air traffic over Pakistani territory, in addition to the ground transit lines.

Given the amount of support the PPP would get over such a position (including from the average soldier in the Army and lower level officers - assuming the generals are 'sold out'), there is nothing the Army leadership could do to stop the PPP.

I feel pity for the government, the army does not provide them full freedom and keep a lot of decision with them, but then PPP has to take the entire blame. I cannot confidently say who is taking decision on drones. It appears to me that Zardari is just a front but all the dealings with US is controlled by PA. If it was Zardari or the PPP government who was taking decision, NATO routes would have been opened long back. This is my judgement of the situation.

Back
Top Bottom