What's new

Universe

Will anyone clear my doubt ?

Person A travels with the speed of light . Goes to a Planet 1 light year away and then returns .
He has spend 2 years but the planet he returned to is 200 years in to the future .

How ????????????
This questions gives me a severe headache .

Also will an object disintegrate while moving at the speed of light ???

Actually you can watch my first video multiple times to understand the twin paradox. It has been beautifully explained there.

Also, any object with a finite mass can never reach the speed of light. It will take all the energy in the universe to reach that speed. It can travel at 0.99..c though. Only massless entities like photons, neutrinos, gamma rays can travel at 'c'

strictly speaking, anything with mass CANNOT travel at the speed of light. but you can get close.

your scenario is flawed btw. a person traveling at the speed of light to a star one light year away and back would NOT see a planet aged 200 years.

the planet would be aged exactly 2 years. however the person doing the traveling would not experience two years of travel he or she would experience less time depending how fast they were traveling, if extremely close to the speed of light that person may have experienced only 1 sec of travel time.

this is because the universe has a speed limited and time and velocity is related so the faster you travel the less time you would experience compared to the rest of the universe.

so if i travel at close to the speed of light for 100 light years out then 100 light years back, the planet may be aged 200 years, but i would feel as though ive only traveled for 2 years.

nothing with mass can move at the speed of light, it would take more energy than available in the entire universe. but suppose that we can, if you do a smooth acceleration there no reason why something would simply disintegrate, unless that is, it hits something. which since it take more energy than available in the universe to accelerate it to the speed of light, it would be a mighty big explosion if it hits something(big bang sized one), anything, a neutron even.

Oh those are just random numbers .
What about the point of event horizon , where time stops near black hole .
Will there be difference in Time for the person on Planet and one near that point ( when he returns ) .

Video in post 58 said the same , But some of it went over the head :lol::lol::lol:

A very simple synopsis of philosophy, religion and science:
Philosophy is about questions that can't be answered
Religion is about answers that can't be questioned.
Science is about questions that can be answered and answers that can be questioned.
wah wah.. aap toh philosophical ho gaye.

A very simple synopsis of philosophy, religion and science:
Philosophy is about questions that can't be answered
Religion is about answers that can't be questioned.
Science is about questions that can be answered and answers that can be questioned.

That sums it up nicely.

Oh those are just random numbers .
What about the point of event horizon , where time stops near black hole .
Will there be difference in Time for the person on Planet and one near that point ( when he returns ) .

Video in post 58 said the same , But some of it went over the head :lol::lol::lol:

gravity affects the passage of time just as speed does. so the greater the gravity the slower the time experienced.

in fact both speed and gravity comes into play when we talk about gps satellites, their great speed compared to a person on earth means their clocks would runs slower, but since they are further away from earth and thus experience less gravity their clocks run faster than one on earth. at their altitude and speed, the combined effects mean they run slightly faster overall.

the reason for this is because gravity bends space-time. so in effect a strong gravity field makes light travel a slightly longer path.but light speed must be constant, so if distance is increased, but speed must stay the same, since (speed = distance/time) time must change as well. as you see, if i say 6=12/2 and suddenly 12 is now 24, to still get 6 as the answer i must increase 2 to 4. so time is increase. as you know a black hole is a singularity, meaning it bends space time to infinity, so light never finished traveling and hence time is frozen. in equation form its (speed of light=infinity/?) infinitely divided by what is c? well the answer is infinite

also fun note, our theories only prevents things from reaching the speed of light, nothing says something can't travel FASTER than the speed of light, but since the c speed limit cant be crossed, for something to travel faster than c, it must have always been traveling faster than c, and hence such particles must move backwards in time as opposed to we and everything with mass around us.

Last edited:
Just minor clarifications would be nice. Were the objects travelling at the speed of light or slower than a little less than the speed of light?

Oh you are not clear of the scenario ? Let me come again.

Two objects are travelling one behind the other with some distance between them. Both the object are travelling exactly at 'c' in the same direction. Now if the latter object flashes a light beam towards the first, the both object will see light travelling at speed of 'c' between them, also if the first one mirrors the beam back, both will again see the light beam to be travelling at exactly at speed 'c'.

How you can comprehend it I will type later.

also fun note, our theories only prevents things from reaching the speed of light, nothing says something can't travel FASTER than the speed of light, but since the c speed limit cant be crossed, for something to travel faster than c, it must have always been traveling faster than c, and hence such particles must move backwards in time as opposed to we and everything with mass around us.

Also, the accepted dimension as per modern theories is "duration" and not time. Time is the axes to the 4th dimension and you can theoretically traverse in both the direction of this axis. The accepted definition of anti-matter is the matter which is traversing back in time. Mind-fucking theory in all sense of the word.

Oh you are not clear of the scenario ? Let me come again.

Two objects are travelling one behind the other with some distance between them. Both the object are travelling exactly at 'c' in the same direction. Now if the latter object flashes a light beam towards the first, the both object will see light travelling at speed of 'c' between them, also if the first one mirrors the beam back, both will again see the light beam to be travelling at exactly at speed 'c'.

How you can comprehend it I will type later.

Also, the accepted dimension as per modern theories is "duration" and not time. Time is just an axis and you can theoretically traverse in both the direction of this axis. The accepted definition of anti-matter is the matter which is traversing back in time. Mind-fucking theory in all sense of the word.

Only people with good IQ could take interest into them and digest them finally,congrats for being one of them!

regards

Also, the accepted dimension as per modern theories is "duration" and not time. Time is just an axis and you can theoretically traverse in both the direction of this axis. The accepted definition of anti-matter is the matter which is traversing back in time. Mind-fucking theory in all sense of the word.

:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:
And something which really goes over my head again and again , No matter how many times I read and watch:lol::lol::lol:

Also, the accepted dimension as per modern theories is "duration" and not time. Time is the axes to the 4th dimension and you can theoretically traverse in both the direction of this axis. The accepted definition of anti-matter is the matter which is traversing back in time. Mind-fucking theory in all sense of the word.

aye, i really didn't want to get more complicated, time is after all only experienced one way to us, but to the universe its just a line.

Another question ;

If Person A lives on Earth and Person B lives on Mars ( Both Humans )
After 20 Earth years the Person B returns to Earth .
Will there be any difference visible in Person B .

or

Age of Man on earth = 100
Will it be 50 on Mars ???
( My questions may be stupid but they give me headaches )

Or something related to biological clock ????

Back
Top Bottom