What's new

Featured United States 2020 General Elections - November 3rd

Who will win

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Donald Trump's former chief strategist Steve Bannon has been banned from Twitter after he called for the beheading of Dr Anthony Fauci and the FBI director Christopher Wray.

a person wearing a suit and tie: Steve Bannon says his beheading calls were 'meant metaphorically'
© Sky News Screen Grab Steve Bannon says his beheading calls were 'meant metaphorically'
The action comes as Donald Trump supporters - some of them armed with rifles and handguns - descended on election counting centres after the president made unsubstantiated allegations that the vote is being stolen from him.

US election 2020 live: Follow the latest updates

Mr Bannon, who is currently on bail after pleading not guilty to charges of fraud and money laundering, made the comments during an online show in which he criticised the men for not supporting the president enough.

Dr Fauci, who is the head of the US National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, has warned that the US government's strategy for tackling COVID-19 needs an "abrupt change".

Bannon has previously criticised Mr Wray for allegedly failing to investigate a hard drive allegedly owned by Hunter Biden, Joe Biden's son, the contents of which were leaked to the New York Post in "highly suspicious" circumstances.

After initially calling for Dr Fauci and Mr Wray to be fired, Mr Bannon added: "I'd actually like to go back to the old times of Tudor England. I'd put their heads on pikes.

"I'd put them at the two corners of the White House as a warning to federal bureaucrats. You either get with the program or you're gone."

The conversation with his co-host, Jack Maxey, continued with Maxey stating: "Just yesterday there was the anniversary of the hanging of two Tories in Philadelphia.

"These were Quaker businessmen who had cohabitated, if you will, with the British while they were occupying Philadelphia. These people were hung. This is what we used to do to traitors."

Bannon responded: "That's how you won the revolution. No one wants to talk about it. The revolution wasn't some sort of garden party, right? It was a civil war. It was a civil war."

Following these comments, Twitter permanently banned the Steve Bannon's War Room account, while YouTube and Facebook also deleted the video, all saying it violated their policies on inciting violence.

A spokesperson for Mr Bannon said Mr Bannon "did not, would not and has never called for violence of any kind", adding that his "commentary was clearly meant metaphorically".

The former chief strategist had been arrested on a yacht in relation to fundraising for the controversial Mexico border wall earlier this year.

The US Department of Justice said the charges relate to We Build The Wall, a fundraising campaign to support the building of a border wall between the US and Mexico.

Federal prosecutors alleged that Bannon, along with three others, "orchestrated a scheme to defraud hundreds of thousands of donors" in connection with the online crowdfunding campaign, which raised more than $25m (£19m).

The charges against Bannon, 66, and three others, Brian Kolfage, 38, Andrew Badolato, 56, and Timothy Shea, 49, were contained in an indictment unsealed in Manhattan federal court.

According to the indictment, Bannon promised that 100% of the money donated would be used for the project, but the defendants allegedly used hundreds of thousands of dollars in a manner inconsistent with the organisation's public representations.

They allegedly faked invoices and sham "vendor" arrangements in a bid to hide what was really happening, the indictment added.

Looks like Trump has plans to launch a TV network and run again in 2024 if Biden wins

When it's all done USA and each state need to fix there Voting system.
In Europe results are known within 24 hrs or more. In India results are not know for a month or so.
In Pakistan Results are known even before voting starts.

Lmaooooo savage

Last edited:
Looks like Trump has plans to launch a TV network and run again in 2024 if Biden wins

Lmaooooo savage
He needs re-election to finish the Wall and entertain the world.

Doesn't seem like it, media outlets appear to be afraid to project Biden as the winner due to fear of possible violence/terrorist attacks from some MAGA supporters. States are counting slow too for the same reason. I'm assuming there are behind the scenes discussions between FBI, Congress, State officials, White House officials, national security officials, etc.... Trying to reign in Trump and make him accept possibility of a loss and not issue any threats or incite his supporters. So, really, it has to be said, they are caving in to their threats and it's pathetic.

They need to finish the count and announce the winner. Let the national guard, authorities, and FBI deal with whoever might lash out after that.

As long as US caves into these white supremacists, this society is beyond salvation.

I have visited such training camps for white supremacists and seen exactly how they train. Civil war is coming, maybe not tomorrow, but eventually.

When it's all done USA and each state need to fix there Voting system.
In Europe results are known within 24 hrs or more. In India results are not know for a month or so.
In Pakistan Results are known even before voting starts.

That is because in Pakistan, every opposition candidate (N, PPP, JUIF, PTM, MQM) behaves like Trump is now, except on a daily basis.

Champions of democracy and freedom have no problem supporting Trumps in our countries to destabilize us, but suddenly when it hits home they are shocked.

He needs re-election to finish the Wall and entertain the world.

He will be back in 4 years, don't worry.

_115241634_how_candidates_could_win_tie_640-nc.png

So the elections have become easy to understand for people like me.

Thank you BBC.

Doesn't seem like it, media outlets appear to be afraid to project Biden as the winner due to fear of possible violence/terrorist attacks from some MAGA supporters. States are counting slow too for the same reason. I'm assuming there are behind the scenes discussions between FBI, Congress, State officials, White House officials, national security officials, etc.... Trying to reign in Trump and make him accept possibility of a loss and not issue any threats or incite his supporters. So, really, it has to be said, they are caving in to their threats and it's pathetic.

They need to finish the count and announce the winner. Let the national guard, authorities, and FBI deal with whoever might lash out after that.
I think you are right.

LOL 😂 Arizona and Nevada don't want riots so they are waiting for Pennsylvania to declare the winner first. So let Pennsylvania attract Trump supporters and the riots. That's why the counting is so slow.

Seems like Trump caused his own demise and lost the election because of his desire to take on China:-

Trump trade war with China has cost 300,000 U.S. jobs, Moody's estimates

although , I feel sorry for Americans ... the country they built is stolen from them by the people who migrate to USA in past 60 years ( not mentioning some gays , liberals and people I generally consider as corrupted by evil )
just like historical events when nomads migrate from far away and in some point , take over the owner and builder of the civilizations ...

You sure have some interesting perspective on what's going on in America right now!! I think you might want to expound on your views in another thread. If I were the same old liberal as I was barely a few weeks ago, I'd call you some kind of 'supremacist' but I think have started to look at life from all perspectives.

Seems like Trump caused his own demise and lost the election because of his desire to take on China:-

Trump trade war with China has cost 300,000 U.S. jobs, Moody's estimates

Nope, I dont think so. All of his policy is great according to many white American, the reason of his downfall is Covid 19 pandemic measure by his administration.

it borderline yellow journalism

Yes.
When one side is so dominant to the extent that the other party which wins 70 million votes had to resort to B-Grade newspapers like NY Post and Has-been celebrities like Kirstie Alley to buttress it's position then something is indeed yellow journalism!!!

There was nothing Trump could have done right ever in most source of media in America. No redeeming quality. That much now I see being a paid subscriber to the mightiest newspaper in the world in NY Times. That is yellow journalism!!! Beneath the dignity of a towering newspaper which truly has the power of 'pen is mightier than the sword'.

In the same vein, I will never forget how even Trump's few minutes from leaving the hospital after Covid to his brief appearance in the White House was portrayed. The guy has many many faults but the overall hounding of him during those few minutes was too partisan to be called 'journalism'. True journalism must give credit when it's due. Or just shut up. To me, the 74 year old man had just survived Covid, came out with a vigor to launch a crazed last few days of reaching out to the people and all I saw was was not admiration. None at all. But of disparagement.

You could say that while I will remain a 'liberal' for lifetime but will probably never be a Democrat again. And neither will I ever trust most of the news sources unless and until I vet them out with my new understanding of the media.

So in the end BLM (Democratic party suported) and Corona (China originated) has really screwed Trump who would have cruised to victory otherwise.

You have to be living in wonderland if you think domestic terrorism isn't going to skyrocket. Rural America was just completely marginalized. They had a hero they would've fought and died for, who was robbed of a re-election and they are about to be ruled by a bossy Black woman who is basically Hillary with Melanin. LMAO OMG SMDH this is a fucking nightmare LOL HAHAHAHA

Dang, you have ways with words!!!!
But, yes, Biden is a seat warmer!! And pretty much himself said so.

And relevant to what you said: The choice of Kamala Harris was a very stupid one by Democrats! This election was not about Biden or Democrats or Republicans. It was all a referendum for or against Trump. By choosing Harris, more Trump supporters were galvanized to vote for Trump. And by the almost certain replacement of Biden with Harris by 2024, the 70 MILLION Americans who voted for Trump will feel even more marginalized.

I also say this: From talking with the Conservative friends over the last two days, they are in sort of a shell-shock moment. It won't last long. If you have studied American history then you would know that 1860 had decades plus of tensions before 1860 arrived.

The choice of Harris is going to haunt America.

Nope, I dont think so. All of his policy is great according to many white American, the reason of his downfall is Covid 19 pandemic measure by his administration.
Ok, the combination of the two led to it ; if the trade war wasn't started and the economic hit in key states (which were targeted by China) hadn't occurred the US could have coped with COVID alone. Whether by design or consequence the Trade war was contributory to downfall of Trump. Also a lot of people sitting on the fence were put off by his dishonest antiques and brash arrogance. Another 4 years and the US would have fallen into civil war , it is already on the precipice, with fanatical armed militias brandishing bravado and intimidation, daily shootings and mass unemployment.

Yes.
When one side is so dominant to the extent that the other party which wins 70 million votes had to resort to B-Grade newspapers like NY Post and Has-been celebrities like Kirstie Alley to buttress it's position then something is indeed yellow journalism!!!

There was nothing Trump could have done right ever in most source of media in America. No redeeming quality. That much now I see being a paid subscriber to the mightiest newspaper in the world in NY Times. That is yellow journalism!!! Beneath the dignity of a towering newspaper which truly has the power of 'pen is mightier than the sword'.

In the same vein, I will never forget how even Trump's few minutes from leaving the hospital after Covid to his brief appearance in the White House was portrayed. The guy has many many faults but the overall hounding of him during those few minutes was too partisan to be called 'journalism'. True journalism must give credit when it's due. Or just shut up. To me, the 74 year old man had just survived Covid, came out with a vigor to launch a crazed last few days of reaching out to the people and all I saw was was not admiration. None at all. But of disparagement.

You could say that while I will remain a 'liberal' for lifetime but will probably never be a Democrat again. And neither will I ever trust most of the news sources unless and until I vet them out with my new understanding of the media.

Bias is as natural to human experience as speech itself. So, to not be biased still becomes a position, biased one at that...
That being said, Trump kept his bully pulpit in his own hands, his Twitter... his way of reaching out... he sees air time in terms of money and more importantly free advertisement... his calls on Fox morning shows spanning the whole length sometimes talking nonsense, reflect as much... New Yorkers know/knew him as a con man, not con as in conservative. In late 90's and early 00's he would do these get rich quick seminars people paid to join in, some bought his books... a prelude to Trump U... shut down and many burnt! A typical charade in the last decade by shysters duping dreamers and immigrants of their hards earned bucks.
On a lighter note, Your use of the proverb was interesting as well... I always translated it as, a sword may win you a battle but it is the pen that writes the victor... of course journalists weren't sent to win world wars... besides a pen would be the last weapon on a soldier to stab it's enemy...

Lastly, his Covid sickness was made into a circus by none other than the pumpkin in chief himself... using it to discredit the severity of sickness, pain and death caused to so many, some say due to his negligence, incompetence or foolishness. So much so that had he died of this disease, it probably would have become a meme for eternity his path to infamy, of a leader that down played a disease caused immeasurable suffering and subsequently died of the same illnes...
His waving to the crowds and simultaneously removing mask and then encouraging people to do the same in his rallys across the country may just be a cause of recent spike in Covid cases.

Even with a surge of postal ballots, they should not have taken that long to count than normal votes. So its a terrible excuse to blame corona. They have political motivation to slow the count.
Its not just the amount of ballots, but the type of ballots that added time.

Hanlon's Razor - never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

In other words, don't overcomplicate this issue it's simple and straightforward.
Its rather stupid explaination tbh.

You are making Trump and Biden sound like fuhrer, that common folks, their supports, will obey them like mindless zombies.

Look, if I am casting my vote, I will look for my own convince considering my own situation, health risk, and other factors. If I deem mail-in is more convenient for me and safe way to cast my vote, irrespective of who I vote, I will go mail-in route. If in a constituency, a candidate is winning by a margin through the vote of people who turned up on polling station, physically to cast their vote, then all of sudden, the losing candidate turn the table through mail-in votes, that in most cases should not happen, as the ratio of "physically cast in votes" in a particular constituency to the "mail-in votes" SHOULD NOT alter that much and swing that extreme. THIS IS WHAT LOGIC DICTATES.
That is NOT what logic dictates, and I don't know why you're so confident, when you're clearly incorrect.

Leaders exist for a reason, and by your logic, there would be no such thing as propaganda.

The great thing about facts is that they remain facts, regardless of if you believe them or not.

Trump said coronavirus isn't a big deal, so vote in person.

Biden said coronavirus is a huge deal, so do mail in ballots.

Their respective voter base followed their advice. That's what leaders and followers do.

Don't over complicate this, when it's pretty straightforward.
Very intelligent debate in Australia. The way major media outlets are dismissing Trump statements towards the integrity of the elections, as if they themselves are judge and jury, it borderline yellow journalism. BBC, CNN, even Pakistan own DAWN , they way they are reporting, its a clear bias towards Biden and peddling American establishment line.

Trump's statements towards the integrity of the election SHOULD be dismissed, because it has no basis in logic.

His army of lawyers have found zero evidence of any wrong doing.

The fact that even the pro-Trump supreme court pretty much dismissed his arguments is evidence that he's full of shit.

You know what it is? You just want to believe there's something going on, when there is nothing there.

Last edited:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom