What's new

Unbelievably intricate Temples (Must see!!)

Here is plan to built a very big temple in Northern India, but I have no Idea if its materializing..

image66ib7pf5.jpg

image2og3.jpg

tpyrnp5.jpg

ttajtw0.jpg

t1vg6.jpg

templemodelqw9.jpg

But they have changed the design from this to this...

nightviewresize.jpg

It looks to European!:frown:

ancient temples are there......kashi...somnath etc......but curiosly no north indian temple is very big nor it is painted with different colors.....can any one explain why....?

kashi, somnath are ancient places but temples there are not ancient , they are only 1 or 2 centuries old but that is other thing

south india & east asian countries have some massive great temples. in north india there is hardly any great ancient temple.

the people of north India are more confined to places rather than temples,
the places which are relevent to hinduism mostly all of them lies in north India
such as Mathura, varansi, River ganga, Ayodhya, Mt kailash, Amarnath, vaishnodevi etc. for bhudhism bodh gaya etc

I mean these are all those places which one or the other way are associated with core hinduism and its stories
or a common man can directly visit to the places associated with his dearest god. Whereas in south or south east, people are far from these places so built temples nearby them. JUST MY THEORY!!!

Temple in Bharmour, chamba (himachal) built around 1000-A.D

chaurasitemple.bmp

Temple in Baijnath, kangra(himachal) built around 1200 A.D

image.axd

_wsb_616x406_DSC_9502.jpg

Opened by the Queen the temple is faced with Yorkshire stone, and the design modern, reflecting the position of Hindus as part of contemporary Yorkshire society

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

Mandir_artist_impression.jpg

The biggest Hindu temple complex in Europe - consisting of three temples, residential areas and tourist spots - is going to be built in the Dutch city of The Hague.

Three Hindu groups would be building three temples on a site behind the Hollands Spoor railway station, EuAsiaNews reported citing the Netherlands' Trouw newspaper.

The complex will include 45 apartments and is set to open in 2014. There would be rooms for yoga and meditation and tourist spots for foreign guests.

The residential towers are also open to non-Hindus.

The Hague council member Rajesh Ramnewash has designed the plan.

jain_temples_of_rajasthan_idj926.jpg

Nakoda_01.jpg

Mount Abu is amazing place for Jain temples and a relaxing holiday

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

D_Dilwara_Temple.jpg

My personal fave is this one everyone must go once in their lifetime to see it.

2gvlydh.jpg

ISCKON Temple in Jaipur

4hcl50.jpg

1jtaba.jpg

ISCKON Temple in Hubli-Dharwad

800px-ISKCON_Banglaore_Temple.jpg

ISKCONBangalore.jpg

b_iskcon_temple_bangalore.jpg

3259787391a5daf8e64fb.jpg

3025363874be5e95e436b.jpg

The concept comes from this temple in Bangalore.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom