What's new

UN condemns US abortion decision

this not the only thing its the main thing

the dems had all the chance to codify had all the supermajority supreme court in there favor they get no sympathy
You can't codify law with Supreme Court. You need to make amendment and pass them thru House and Senate.

We don't have a partisan congress since 1994.......Well, they can still do it during the clinton administration.....well, they didn't probably have better things to do in their mind.

You can't codify law with Supreme Court. You need to make amendment and pass them thru House and Senate.

We don't have a partisan congress since 1994.......Well, they can still do it during the clinton administration.....well, they didn't probably have better things to do in their mind.
Im pretty sure Obama had that in one his terms

Nobody can force a women to carry a child made through rape.

You know what happens? Either abortion, or mother kills the baby or kid is raised under horrible conditions.
Kids are blessings regardless of whether through the good or bad events. But knowing the bitter reality, kids may not get proper upbringings.

Im pretty sure Obama had that in one his terms
No, you need super majority to pass any amendment, which mean instead of 50, you will need 66 Senate.

Senate Seat since Obama is president has never reach that level

2008 - 57
2010 - 51
2012 - 53
2014 - 44
2016 - 46

Does that mean Obama could have pass that? Maybe, if he can find 9 republican senator to agree with him. It can technically be able to do, but it would be hard....

What is the Islamic view on abortion guys?
both Shia, Sunni or perspective of different sects would be appreciated

@cocomo
Women deserve a right to their own wombs. In Pakistan and most islamic countries abortion is permitted to preserve the health and life of the mother

R&W is case law. The democrats could easily legislate abortion rights into statutory law. This is once and for all settle all controversy. Dem has majority in both house and presidency for a while. You do not need super majority to pass statutory law. They never did. Abortion is just a rally point for both dems and GOP.

Last edited:
R&W is case law. The democrats could easily legislate abortion rights into statutory law. This is once and for all settle all controversy. They never did. Abortion is just a rally point for both dems and GOP.

Dem has majority in both house and presidency for a while. You do not need super majority to pass statutory law.
No....They need 2/3 (Supermajority) to pass an amendment to constitution

The most common method of passing an amendment to the constitution is passage through the House and Senate. Nearly every constitutional amendment – 26 out of 27, in fact – have taken this course: The House of Representatives and Senate both vote on the proposed amendment; the Constitution requires that for the proposed amendment to pass, each house of Congress must pass it with a two-thirds majority. If that happens, the amendment is then sent to state legislatures for their approval. Here again, another, even larger supermajority is required: Three-fourths of all state legislatures must vote to approve the proposed amendment before it is considered ratified and added to the Constitution. This means that only 13 states can block a proposed amendment from being ratified

There are no "Statutory law" in the US, only USC code, USC stand for US Code......so, every law that pass in Congress are amendment to the existing constitution.

Edit: replace Constitution to Code

Last edited:

The first question is that is statutory law an amendment to constitution? The Dem house and presidency can pass anything during the era of non conservative supreme court.

Last edited:
The first question is that is statutory law an amendment to constitution? The house and presidency can pass anything during the era of non conservative supreme court.
First of all, Statutory Law does not exist as a concept in USC, well, that's by name only, what common law called "Statutory Law' we called them "Title"

Basically, to amend or add any title to the USC or add any bill (not just for USC, like ratifying a treaty and so on) would require 2/3 Senate majority.

As the article suggest, the only thing simply majority applies is President Nominee (like nominate a secretary) or Appointment of US Supreme Court Justice (That is how Trump stack the court)

And you are simplifying the process. House propose a bill (that needed 2/3 to pass) then Senate vote on the bill (that also need 2/3 to pass) then President sign the bill into the Code. But that is the simple version of how this is done, I am ignoring endless hours of debate and motions and filibuster and so on...

The first question is that is statutory law an amendment to constitution? The house and presidency can pass anything during the era of non conservative supreme court.
First of all, Statutory Law does not exist as a concept in USC, well, that's by name only, what common law called "Statutory Law' we called them "Title"

Basically, to amend or add any title to the USC or add any bill (not just for USC, like ratifying a treaty and so on) would require 2/3 Senate majority.

You call it Bill or other names such as Statutes at Large. These are statutory laws in classification. US have that and Congress are signing in such laws in droves every years.

You pass abortion law in Obama Hussein time and I bet no one will challenge it. The supreme court will thrown the case out at that time. They will say it is inline with R&W and fully constitutional.

Now it is "NOT so constutional anymore"...

Basically no law in USA but orgasm and mood swing among elites.

You call it Bill or other names such as Statutes at Large. These are statutory laws in classification. US have that and Congress are signing in such laws in droves every years.

You pass abortion law in Obama Hussein time and I bet no one will challenge it. The supreme court will thrown the case out at that time. They will say it is inline with R&W and fully constitutional.

Now it is "NOT so constutional anymore"...

Basically no law in USA but orgasm and mood swing among elites.
Look, let me tell you simply.

EVERYTHING YOU WANT TO PASS, you need to pass thru senate with SUPER MAJORITY. That is written in the constitution.

The founding father is hell bend on bi-partisanship, that is so very clear by the fact that you don't need a majority government to be a president.

Again, whether or not if Obama can pass that bill if he propose it, that remain to be seen, as I said before, you need 67, and Dem have 57 at best in Senate, so whether or not he can find 10 senator to "Cross the Floor" is an issue, but you can't pass a law unless you get 67 vote in senate. But yes, I will agree, Obama probably have the best chance of passing it.

That is exactly what Constitution envisioned for. I did not say whether it is right or wrong to have supermajority on everything. I am saying this is what the Constitution dictate how or legislative branch works.

And you quite obvious do not know how US Legal System and Legislative System work, it seems the further I explain is going to lose on you.

By the way, you can see how many law are passed by US Senate and what they are required to pass.

2024, trump is sure to win. Biden is sure to lose.
Yiwu, China has started manufacturing supplies for 2024. Trump's goods orders far exceed Biden's, which shows that trump has more chaebol support. Every time China Yiwu passes the goods order, it is expected that the result of the US election has never been missed, and so is this time.

IMG_20220319_092919.jpg

Look, let me tell you simply.

EVERYTHING YOU WANT TO PASS, you need to pass thru senate with SUPER MAJORITY. That is written in the constitution.

The founding father is hell bend on bi-partisanship, that is so very clear by the fact that you don't need a majority government to be a president.

Again, whether or not if Obama can pass that bill if he propose it, that remain to be seen, as I said before, you need 67, and Dem have 57 at best in Senate, so whether or not he can find 10 senator to "Cross the Floor" is an issue, but you can't pass a law unless you get 67 vote in senate. But yes, I will agree, Obama probably have the best chance of passing it.

That is exactly what Constitution envisioned for. I did not say whether it is right or wrong to have supermajority on everything. I am saying this is what the Constitution dictate how or legislative branch works.

And you quite obvious do not know how US Legal System and Legislative System work, it seems the further I explain is going to lose on you.

You idiot.

A bill passes by simple majority (218 of 435), the bill moves to the Senate. In the Senate, the bill is assigned to another committee and, if released, debated and voted on. Again, a simple majority (51 of 100) passes the bill. Finally, a conference committee made of House and Senate members works out any differences between the House and Senate versions of the bill. The resulting bill returns to the House and Senate for final approval. The Government Printing Office prints the revised bill in a process called enrolling. The President has 10 days to sign or veto the enrolled bill.

Everything requires super majority will send the country into gridlock and anarchy. Only things like constitution need super majority.

You idiot.

A bill passes by simple majority (218 of 435), the bill moves to the Senate. In the Senate, the bill is assigned to another committee and, if released, debated and voted on. Again, a simple majority (51 of 100) passes the bill. Finally, a conference committee made of House and Senate members works out any differences between the House and Senate versions of the bill. The resulting bill returns to the House and Senate for final approval. The Government Printing Office prints the revised bill in a process called enrolling. The President has 10 days to sign or veto the enrolled bill.

Everything requires super majority will send the country into gridlock and anarchy. Only things like constitution need super majority.
Dude, amending USC IS about US CONSITUTION........

You are changing the entire legal system, that was based on the constitution.

There are resolution or simply act that call for say "Brittney Griner release" that does not require super majority...

On the other hand, you will need super majority to pass a bill that legalise abortion

See how the bill was "REJECTED" even the dem have the senate floor

In fact, they failed to even go pass "Filibuster", which require 60 vote........

And please do lay off Personal insult. You will not get a second warning.

Dude, amending USC IS about US CONSITUTION........

You are changing the entire legal system, that was based on the constitution.

There are resolution or simply act that call for say "Brittney Griner release" that does not require super majority...

On the other hand, you will need super majority to pass a bill that legalise abortion

See how the bill was "REJECTED" even the dem have the senate floor

In fact, they failed to even go pass "Filibuster", which require 60 vote........

And please do lay off Personal insult. You will not get a second warning.

You tell me passing a statutory in Obama time aligning to RW is non constitutional or what else?

Even if passing anything controversial with regards to constitution, it still can be done with simple majority. But someone may quickly send it to supreme court for their rulings. In short, congress and pass any house they wants using simple majority and with president blessing. The supreme court may rule if someone bring it up.

If Obama have a Bill-of-abortion. those big wig in supreme court today wouldnt have overthrow RW. This is too scandalized and polarizing.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom