What's new

“Udhar tum, idhar hum”: When Bhutto pushed Bangladesh to the edge of Pakistan

OK defence matters (both external and internal security) delegated to each wing. So no one can basically deploy massive number of troops (across wings) without others consent etc....and the personnel are largely raised locally for each wing etc. More top level mutual strategy has a panel of generals, admirals (as selected by each wing) etc and can consult/cooperate as needed there. Or something like this of this overall nature....basically a check valve that prevents any wing dictating and deploying military power on the other (similar to how US cannot deploy military on itself bar very few circumstances ...and the reason for state national guards existing etc).

Reforms past that politically (seperate or joint electorate) etc, worked out with time....I don't really want to flesh those out since thats a whole level of debate.

The key thing for me is that you can only accept payment upfront in one chunk :D *rubs hands in anticipation*. Tell me the price thats good (since 10 trillion is not enough since you have all those silly extra long list conditions)...lets say I am US treasury head and have full authority to issue bearer bonds or direct cash etc.
It is basically impossible to get back to pre 71 integration. Even Pakistanis will agree the union was unnatural and bound to fail. Again uniting in that manner won't last long.
Several things are a must..
1. Autonomy and two prime minister's for two wings. This is what Bhutto actually proposed after losing to Mujib in 70's election.
2. Official language of Bangladesh to be Bangla. Can't educate 160 million people in Urdu. And central banks for two sides. So that we can keep checks and balances of both sides separately.
3. And you would need official permission to visit one side from the other. Official permit should be easy to obtain.
4. Bangladesh will remain a secular state. Change Pakistan's constitution if you want one uniformed Constitution.
5. And the money, give it to Central Bank of Bangladesh. 2 trillion USD. 2 trillion worth of USD in Euro, 2 trillion worth of USD in Australian Dollar, Canadian Dollar, Japanese Yen, Chinese Yuan, etc. Rest 4 trillion worth of Dollar in Gold reserves. I will take all upfront.

We can discuss further if you are still in.

@Shotgunner51 you are the mod sending out the messages! If I put out the picture of Pak Jannah in the situation what would you do?
Fine, removed it since it hurts you that much....That being said, you won't probably find a real picture of Jinnah in such situation.
You are just a refugee in Sweden, try to deny it!
And what it has to do it with you? I'm not in China, you know.

@Shotgunner51 you are the mod sending out the messages! If I put out the picture of Pak Jannah in the situation what would you do?

You are just a refugee in Sweden, try to deny it!

You got something under your nose bro.

Better leave this thread and wipe it off.

Also, I doubt you’ve met enough Bangladeshis to comment here like that.

This ******* @Mage is writing new kind of history. Bangladesh has excelled at the art of alt-history.

Your first point is really stupid, if Bhutto had accepted proposal which is even more radical than Mujib's 6 points.

There would'nt have been a war. Mujib was slated to write LFO to constitute a new framework after winning the election.

Urdu was/is a national language in name only. English was/is the official language as evencourt deciwsion documentation happened in that language. Urdu as never implemented the way Bengali was implemented in Bangladesh.

This ******* @Mage is writing new kind of history. Bangladesh has excelled at the art of alt-history.

Your first point is really stupid, if Bhutto had accepted proposal which is even more radical than Mujib's 6 points.

There would'nt have been a war. Mujib was slated to write LFO to constitute a new framework after winning the election.

Urdu was/is a national language in name only. English was/is the official language as evencourt deciwsion documentation happened in that language. Urdu as never implemented the way Bengali was implemented in Bangladesh.
God bless Bhutto
And Very Mashallah to rest of your post.

Everyone knows who sucked whose blood.

No, it was due to west Pakistani elite's inability to digest the reality of Bengali being the majority in Pakistan which hold back formulation of a constitution. That was the reason they came up with the idea of 'parity', 'one unit' etc.

But that 'powerful'ness came at a very high cost if you are referring to atom bomb and big, bloated military. With pakistani type of attitude towards acquiring military power at any cost, any mid size country can become an atomic power. Even north Korea is an atomic power, despite only 20 billion dollar GDP. Your current economic trouble has many things to do with your such militaristic posture. So nothing to be proud of.

And for 'more prosperous' part. This is eroding. India already surpassed Pakistan in prosperity, now Bangladesh also poised to surpass. You reaped the benefit of 1950s-1980s growth period in Pakistan when Bangladesh was broke from colonial exploitation of west Pakistan and war. And Pakistan marched ahead with exploiting the internal colony of East Pakistan and American aid dollar. So Pakistan got an early head start compare to Bangladesh and India. But the steam is running out. If history is any guide, then Bangladesh will regain the status of being the most prosperous part of South Asia, which it was always up to British colonial period.
Well said brother.

1. Islamabad was founded in 1960.

Economist just released a report saying that BD will average 7% GDP per capita growth for the next 5 years.
Pakistan is predicted to be 2% at most.
Soon we will be ahead of every south Asian country in development at this rate.

You have an impending natural disaster on your hands which will create a refugee crisis. This is the reason India is fencing its border with you and screaming about illegal BDs in all neighboring states.

Ignore what BD members here respond on this (and threads they open blah blahing their cherry picked propaganda on it)....you are spot on...and you simply need to sit back and watch reality unfold over the years now.

It is basically impossible to get back to pre 71 integration. Even Pakistanis will agree the union was unnatural and bound to fail. Again uniting in that manner won't last long.
Several things are a must..
1. Autonomy and two prime minister's for two wings. This is what Bhutto actually proposed after losing to Mujib in 70's election.
2. Official language of Bangladesh to be Bangla. Can't educate 160 million people in Urdu. And central banks for two sides. So that we can keep checks and balances of both sides separately.
3. And you would need official permission to visit one side from the other. Official permit should be easy to obtain.
4. Bangladesh will remain a secular state. Change Pakistan's constitution if you want one uniformed Constitution.
5. And the money, give it to Central Bank of Bangladesh. 2 trillion USD. 2 trillion worth of USD in Euro, 2 trillion worth of USD in Australian Dollar, Canadian Dollar, Japanese Yen, Chinese Yuan, etc. Rest 4 trillion worth of Dollar in Gold reserves. I will take all upfront.

We can discuss further if you are still in.

OK impossible got it. So no amount of upfront money is enough? i.e for upfront payment even with guarantee law in place that prevents unilateral military deployment across wings and say another one that stipulates economic matters handled by each wing for itself + customs union past that...

@Atlas man your compatriot sure is quite the tough near-absolute naysayer!

Yes and after 71 war bangladesh enter into top ten economies of the world...right??
In miserable time of 80s and 90s we still manage 6% growth, nuclear power, motorways,metro buses&rail,dual tracking of main line1 from karachi to lahore,new ports development,own tank& fighter jet,missile program,Optic fiber cable first in south asia,largest private cancer hospital in the world,second largest kidney & lever transplant hospital in the world,...whats your achievement,flood and after flood operations.
Even your country import cotton yarn from us
We don't import any thing from great great bangladesh.
Before laughing on us, go to google and check after 71 how many times Pakistan send aid to your bangladesh.thanks

Dude, 6% growth in 1980s means nothing when you had a very high 2.5% population growth and that makes an average of 3.5% per capita.

In contrast BD per capita grew by 4.5% per capita average last decade and will average 6% this decade.
Currently BD per capita growth is at 7% a year and rising, while Pakistan is at 4% and predicted to fall to 1% by 2023 by IMF.

BD is economically the best economy in S Asia by a fair margin.

Last edited:
OK impossible got it. So no amount of upfront money is enough? i.e for upfront payment even with guarantee law in place that prevents unilateral military deployment across wings and say another one that stipulates economic matters handled by each wing for itself + customs union past that...

@Atlas man your compatriot sure is quite the tough near-absolute naysayer!
:D Give him a break man ( if he wants it) ! In this game he is never going to win, as his (@Mage) first comment (#57) was a wrongly phrased comment. And later he also tempted ( by 10 trillion offer) and agreed to play with you! And just entered in a labyrinth and lost the exist door! So he can't exit now if the game continue !
Because the game was already over when he agreed to play this game by your temptation ! ;)
@Nilgiri

Last edited:
Now I am going to suggest something that is going to have everyone's panties in a twist.

ACCORDING TO PERFECT LOGIC, BENGALI WAS THE LANGUAGE OF THE MAJORITY IN 1960'S PAKISTAN.

QUAID SAHAB SHOULD NOT HAVE SUGGESTED URDU AS THE LINGUA FRANCA, HE SHOULD HAVE SUGGESTED BENGALI. AT THE VERY LEAST, EAST PAKISTANIS SHOULD HAVE DEMANDED THIS BUT DID NOT. WE WERE TOO NICE.

WHY URDU AND NOT BENGALI? WHAT WAS WRONG IN EXPECTING WEST PAKISTANIS TO LEARN BENGALI?

But this is too much logic to expect from Pakistan Govt. at that time.

The real story is that East or West, are all a bunch of bloody subcontinental schmucks. Corruption, pettiness and nepotism is in our polluted blood.

Says a BD who sold Allah's name in the national anthem to the Hindus!!!!!!!

Do you know Islam more than Fatih Sultan Mehmet Han (RA), whose conquest of Istanbul was foretold by a Hadis-i Sherif????? He and his army were congratulated by none other than Resulullah (PBUH) 700 years earlier, and he put the Ay-Yildiz (Hilal ve Sitara) in Istanbul to show that the Hadis-i Sherif is true!!!!

And, BD folks took out the name of Allah-u Azimushshan of the national anthem, and use a song by a Mushrik, who wrote it to commemorate the victory of the Hindus over the Muslims, as your national anthem!!! And, your PM believes that due to Goddess Durga BD had a good harvest!!!! BD is a strange land....

You onion peeler and dish washer in the Indian restaurants, first try to solve the wealth disparities in my previous posts and then try to answer!!!! Don't try to put your minds into the things you don't understand!!! Being a Termite under the Mushriks, don't try to understand what humans do....

Sultan Mehmet is a great guy, but he doesn't know Islam more than Rasulullah SAW and his Sahaba RA.

There is no mention in Islamic history that the army of the Prophet and the armies led by the Sahaba during the Rashidun Caliphate used a crescent moon flag. Cut the crap and cut the wannabe Turk attitude, ya pakistani.

And no Tagore did not write the Amar Sonar Bangla poem to celebrate victory against Muslims, you are an epic moron.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know your type of bengali chief economist and your formula to earn fast for economy....i saw too many your country women in dubai brothels on a special duty assign from your country thats the way of your national earning.in karachi thousands of Bengali woman on same earning mission,good revenge against mass rape by Pakistani. which is in new shape now business for bangla nation.enough or you want more..

Makes sense why Pakistani GDP per capita is predicted to drop to 1% a year by 2023 if the country is infested by the likes of you.

I actually agree with Bhutto. He was right.

Mujib was a RAW agent who was willing to sell Kashmir to India for peace.

If you think Mujib was not talking with RAW before elections, you are mistaken.

Such a man could never be trusted with the premiership of Pakistan.

Bengalis themselves hunted his family and slaughtered them due to their autocratic rule.
This is the problem with you people, you think whatever you think is always correct. If you think that he was a traitor why didn't your administration arrest him and prove his guilt in front of court which would forfeit his right to take part in election. If the administration let someone take part in election and he gets the mandate of the majority, you are bound to give him the premiership of the whole country, irrespective of what some group of people thinks about him. You must wait till the next election to drag him down if you think he is worthless. This is democracy.

When I was in Africa Bengali women were available a dozen a dime for anything you wanted to do to them. Sometimes I used to wonder they are Muslims in the first place or otherwise. As far as sexual promiscuous is concerned Pakistan is a million times better.

lol.

So much butt-hurt in you at BD.

Back
Top Bottom