What's new

UCLA Student Video Rant Against Asians

Racism is an ideology. I could tell a "black guy" joke and not be racist, it would be politically incorrect of course; like this video was but calling it racist would be a stretch.

PS: That's why I admire stand up comedians, they help ease out the tension a little bit.

Racism is an ideology. I could tell a "black guy" joke and not be racist, it would be politically incorrect of course; like this video was but calling it racist would be a stretch.

PS: That's why I admire stand up comedians, they help ease out the tension a little bit.

Gee for someone who is so eager to call every other person he meets a racist behind their backs, you seem awfully forgiving on this occasion.

Wonnndderr whhyy......

guys calm down. I think this was horrible stereotyping but i dont think she had any malicious intentions.

I can understand the anger, frustration and racist accusations from some members because the people that girl chose to vent her 'frustration' happened to be East Asians. Had it been South Asians as her target, I am pretty sure many members would be jumping with joy and pointing fingers about lack of toilets, about poverty, 'bad' manners, smelly food etc that most South Asians get accused of.

But, the girl does have a point. Being guests does not mean one abuses the welcome. That goes for all everyone.

ps: We once got a campus wide email about complaints of the library smelling of food. Everyone pretty knew what that email hinted at, but instead of accusing the authorities of racism, its prudent to understand that eating such aroma filled food, even in the exclusive eating area of the library, is a cause of disturbance or nuisance to other users of the facility.

1. Is this girl racist?

Going by the transcript of this video, it appears to be more of a stereotyping than a racist slur. The "ching chong" stff was more of a parody of the language and mannerism than actual racist abuse.

However, just looking at the pure joy on her face and twinkle in her eye while going through that "ching chong" routine, I'm more than convinced that this gal is indeed a closet racist.

I also agree with CS that there is a lot more racism going on everywhere else including this forum that goes unpunished and this gal should be forgiven and forgotten.

2. Are her grievances genuine?

---- Her first grievance about is Asian parents and how they raise their kids is pure rant. I think looking at the current crop of youngsters in US-Europe and Asia we can safely say that asian parents do have a very good idea about how to raise their kids and need no advice from a rookie.

---- Her second grievance is definitely genuine. We asians do tend to ignore the codes of conduct, especially while in a group. And it is indeed irritating when people disturb the library silence with mobile talk.

Finally, if you want to see a real youtube *#*!!!!***#, check this one out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello just wanted to share something

and some of the funny video response

So what do you think, should the college expel her??? I do agree with her regarding the excessive noise level in the library thou

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sure that the DVD sales of "Pearl Harbour" have increased ten fold after the Japan Tsunami tragedy. This chick has deffinately bought one!!! :usflag:

That is a pathetic statement, you are no one to judge her smartness.

She had a genuine point to make. Its library ffs, if you have to talk, go outside. I myself snapped so many times on this very issue. And Asian students here somehow manage to hoarde the walkway too when walking, walk in the biggest groups and walk in the slowest pace possibly. Won't even move when you say excuse me, I have elbowed so many of them "accidentally" and just tanked straight through them. Cause am sorry I have places to get to and things to do. Its usually the international students though. Nothing racist about it at all.

Look even i wasn't sure why the video was being called racist until she started with that ching chong stuff . That was blatantly racist . Check out youtube comments even most whites are calling her racist and a shame on white people's image .

About making the point she wanted to make there are better ways of doing that then ching chaoing on youtube. Please dont tell me there are no better and more sensitive ways of making a point .

I have no soft corner for east asians but i have seen how racist some whites can be with us south asians as well even on youtube so being an asian myself i found that video objectionable and offensive .

And yeah she does not have any brains , i have come to my judgement , we are living in a democracy , i have that right , you are free to believe differently .

I didn't find it offensive or Racist.. This is simple cultural difference and yes this happens.. she is having a problem then she has done it in nice way..putting in Youtube and requested.. How come this become hatred or offensive?

replace "Asian" with "Indian" then you will say it is racist.

Back
Top Bottom