What's new

UAE Halts Talks to Buy French Rafale Fighter Jets

Depends on the user. Each nation user has its own unique set of requirements.

Eurofighter generally has superior air-to-air combat capabilities. Whereas the Rafale is better in the multi-role category.

Other than those, both are very capable planes even though they aren't very proven in combat.

Bingo.

Those GCC nations are to a certain extent forced to buy American equipment under strange and mysterious circumstances.

Pfftt...Americans and their lobbying :lol:

Pretty much the same considering their economy? :confused:

PLEASE CHECK YOUR FACTS. Rafale did 78 sorties in Afghanistan and 32 in Algeria

I think its better for UAE to go with Typhoon.They already have some 80 F16 block 60 the best in mult irole .These are not regular F16 they are way too advance.Their mirages are even better than French air force and also good for their Navy too.I will say they should go with Typhoon for air superiority and can also be used as multi role.

Nope... Eurofighter havent been integrated with missiles... Its just a fighter , maybe good, unproven in combat, while Rafale have proved itself...

What does "haven't been integrated with missiles..." mean? It uses the AMRAAM (for now).

ef2000_15.jpg

Eurofighter: *News Detail

It still uses a series of American missiles.

The Meteor is still under development.

I doubt Euro can fly low to the ground, making it air superiorty fighter and may not be multi role...

It can. Though maybe not as good as the Tornado in that category :P

As u said, countries have own set of requirements, But in 4++ gen , proven, Rafale is the best...
Maybe Super MKI can eclipse them, but we have to wait to see....

Could be...:D

PLEASE CHECK YOUR FACTS. Rafale did 78 sorties in Afghanistan and 32 in Algeria

Algeria? OMG...since when!? From what I remember, there were speculations that country was to acquire the Rafale. Not having a live demonstration! Please, don't spread misinformation!

And against what? Some improper military and a bunch of wackjobs in turbans? That doesn't prove much does it? In fact, very little.

And if I get my troll mode on, so did the Typhoon in Libya.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-...s-ground-forces-debate-command-structure.html

Oh, and...
http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakistan-air-force/82399-rafale-fighter-crash-near-pakistan.html

This is funny …Bangladeshi talks about Rafale , EF etc…but the are going for some obsolete jets…look like they are born batuni.

This is funny …Bangladeshi talks about Rafale , EF etc…but the are going for some obsolete jets…look like they are born batuni.

The F-7s that they have purchased are newer and perform better than your LCA at least..

:offtopic:

What does being Bangladeshi have to do with anything?

Does any nationality talking about the B-2 Spirit have to do with his/her nation owning one?

And FYI, Bangladesh does have an MRCA program ongoing with four competitors. Those recently acquired F-7s are a stop gap measure.

Do remember, driving around a Mercedes does not make one more civilized.

And "born batuni"? You lot should have a good look in the mirror first :lol:

Dude...i think you are behaving funny...Why cannot a Bangladeshi talk about jets??? Do you think we Indian always talk and discuss based on our capacity?....You should always put your facts based on some rationale rather than some emotional outbursts...

Bingo.

Those GCC nations are to a certain extent forced to buy American equipment under strange and mysterious circumstances.

how so? GCC countries operate different military equipments from different countries.
Both Saudi Arabia and UAE oprate russian equipment.
Both or them operate Chinese equipment, Turkish, Brazil.
Both of them operate European equipment UK, Spain, Germany, Italy, Sweden,France the list goes on...

Saudi Arabia operates russian M-17, M-35
Saudi Arabia operates Typhoon & Tornado
UAE operates Mirage 2000EAD/RAD & DAD
UAE operates Mirage 2000-9/EAD/RAD & DAD
Qatar operates Mirage 2000-5EDA & 5DDA

GCC operates Oerlikon 35 mm, vulcan , Crotale,Shahine, Mistral, CAESAR 155mm.
Russian BMP-3, Turkish M-113

Just named few Ignorant:disagree:

Does any nationality talking about the B-2 Spirit have to do with his/her nation owning one?

And FYI, Bangladesh does have an MRCA program ongoing with four competitors. Those recently acquired F-7s are a stop gap measure.

Thank you for the Hillarious note.

The traditional arm twisting by US and NATO countries behind the scenes. They know French are neutral and offer a lot of autonomy to their customers unlike Eurocanards team or Uncle Sam who can arm twist giving this or that example. :D How interesting.

Its a case of pot calling the kettle black. I am fed up with this sh!t.

Sorry =/

Back
Top Bottom