What's new

U.S. Soldiers Told to Ignore Afghan Allies’ Abuse of Boys

@C130, it took me a while to recognize your sarcasm.

While rape in Pakistan is hidden or the victim is forced to marry her raper. How ironic. Next time you want to talk about someone else's house or morals I suggest you look at your own.

How long do you think it will be before ISIS starts carrying out attacks in Mecca. Or Medina? Or blows up Al-Azar University?

Just curious as in which world is @Dalit living in, according to him the US seems to be either Somalia or Liberia :D
The US still remains the most powerful country in the world, an economic and military powerhouse and countries will take dictates from it [ in most cases they are happy to be oblige ]

With all its flaws the US still remains an example for the rest of the world, no body cares your background, if you are good you can make it there.

With all its flaws the US still remains an example for the rest of the world, no body cares your background, if you are good you can make it there.

With all our flaws, we're willing to learn from them and correct them.

We're no angels, hell we're far far far from it, but you can't criticize the US and then when one of your family members get a US Visa or Green-card it's all "AMERIKA Zindabad!"

If members here think oh this Pakistani-American traitor, no, I defend Pakistan's flaws from Americans also.

"AMERIKA Zindabad!" :D loved that part, agree with you and it also shows the level of our double standards and hypocrisy.

Remind me on what moral basis you removed Saddam hussain in second Iraq war ? @gambit
Morally speaking ? He was a thug.

Politically, his thuggery can and have been tolerated, as long as he kept this thuggery inside his borders, which he proved unwilling to do when Saddam Hussein invaded Kuwait. Men like Saddam Hussein can never be satisfied. By that I mean men who believes more in themselves than in greater things. Saddam Hussein believed more in Saddam than in Iraq, like Hitler believed more in Hitler than in Germany. Both had messianic visions, were charismatics far beyond the norm of even acclaimed professional entertainers, secured in their exceptionalism of the laws they wield to rule over others, and ruthless in executions of their whims whether it be to reward or punish. Men like Saddam Hussein, Hitler, and Stalin requires constant monitoring but eventually must be confronted because they can never be satisfied with what they have.

Morally speaking ? He was a thug.

Politically, his thuggery can and have been tolerated, as long as he kept this thuggery inside his borders, which he proved unwilling to do when Saddam Hussein invaded Kuwait. Men like Saddam Hussein can never be satisfied. By that I mean men who believes more in themselves than in greater things. Saddam Hussein believed more in Saddam than in Iraq, like Hitler believed more in Hitler than in Germany. Both had messianic visions, were charismatics far beyond the norm of even acclaimed professional entertainers, secured in their exceptionalism of the laws they wield to rule over others, and ruthless in executions of their whims whether it be to reward or punish. Men like Saddam Hussein, Hitler, and Stalin requires constant monitoring but eventually must be confronted because they can never be satisfied with what they have.

You confronted and subdued him. So what moral justification you had for Second war in 2003 ? Instead of ignoring what Saddam is doing to its own minorities could have been done like how Americans are ignoring rape of children in Afghanistan.

@C130 -- I agree with you that we should mind our own business and are not the moral police of the world -- however that is not how we see ourselves. The treatment of Afghan women by the Taliban was a major issue in the US. US women's rights activists led a crusade against the Taliban and if you remember Afghanistan was cut off from the international mail system -- further, I doubt that it helped the Afghan citizenry or the Afghan women. So though I agree with you -- we (in the US) can't have it both ways.

I agree -- the perpetrators are Afghans (Musalmaan Bhai) -- if your read the article, the poor soldier and I am sure American generals are also disgusted by this and traumatized. But this practice has been going on long before the US came to Afghanistan. And, it happens also in Pakistan -- this is a local problem and a stain on both Afghanistan and Pakistan.
It is not so much the US is the 'moral police' but that we are the 'marshal' the current political order.

Theoretically speaking, the word 'marshal' is more appropriate since the rank and its duties and responsibilities entails the person to be sort of a keeper of the peace between contentious parties. The current system, say law enforcement for example, maybe flawed, but even though it is flawed, at least it keeps order and stability among the parties, violence is to be avoided as much as possible, so a marshal is usually created to keep the peace as the system evolves.

curious -- what capacity where you in Afghanistan -- part of ISAF, private contractor?

I don't know about Amanullah Khan but generally scholars agree that the Taliban were able to curb it -- but not put an end to it.

Thank you for posting it -- I couldn't bring myself to do so.

@C130 -- I agree with you that we should mind our own business and are not the moral police of the world -- however that is not how we see ourselves. The treatment of Afghan women by the Taliban was a major issue in the US. US women's rights activists led a crusade against the Taliban and if you remember Afghanistan was cut off from the international mail system -- further, I doubt that it helped the Afghan citizenry or the Afghan women. So though I agree with you -- we (in the US) can't have it both ways.

I agree -- the perpetrators are Afghans (Musalmaan Bhai) -- if your read the article, the poor soldier and I am sure American generals are also disgusted by this and traumatized. But this practice has been going on long before the US came to Afghanistan. And, it happens also in Pakistan -- this is a local problem and a stain on both Afghanistan and Pakistan.
ISAF

You confronted and subdued him. So what moral justification you had for Second war in 2003 ?
For nuclear weapons and related issues.

Instead of ignoring what Saddam is doing to its own minorities could have been done like how Americans are ignoring rape of children in Afghanistan.
And you are supposed to be a member of the forum's 'think tank' ? :disagree:

What happened between Iran, the US, and the rest of the world were political, as in what Iran under Saddam Hussein does can and did affect other countries and potentially produce negative consequences globally. However, buggering little boys have been ingrained in the culture of that part of the world long before the US came around. If we feel it is disgusting, that is our problem. If we have to order our soldiers to back off because they were disgusted at what they saw and want to protect little boys, that is because enough of your people raised hue and cry about interference and cultural imperialism and so on and so on. We have laws and enforces those laws in our borders, but we do not seek to impose those laws onto your culture.

For nuclear weapons and related issues.

And you are supposed to be a member of the forum's 'think tank' ? :disagree:

What happened between Iran, the US, and the rest of the world were political, as in what Iran under Saddam Hussein does can and did affect other countries and potentially produce negative consequences globally. However, buggering little boys have been ingrained in the culture of that part of the world long before the US came around. If we feel it is disgusting, that is our problem. If we have to order our soldiers to back off because they were disgusted at what they saw and want to protect little boys, that is because enough of your people raised hue and cry about interference and cultural imperialism and so on and so on. We have laws and enforces those laws in our borders, but we do not seek to impose those laws onto your culture.

Yeah I'm supposed to be a think tank because I analyze behavior of all sort of things. among them being your past stance and posts on Iraq second war where you raised all sort of Minorities being impressed, dictatorship, we gave them democracy, free them from tyrant. gave them free will, Nuclear and WMD yada yada etc etc arguments to justify your invasion arguments

What saddam wanted was lift up sanctions and let him prosper just like Mullas of Iran and what he got in turn ?

Tell me of great professional. Which was a greater threat. Saddam with imaginary Nuclear and WMD and bluffing Israel or Iran with Real nuclear and WMD and attackign Iran through prxy hizbullah and are as capable and serious in hitting US interests all over persian gulf than Saddam ?

But you negotiated with the devil and ran havoc on Iraq.

Now suddenly I'm seeing a donald trump type of U-turn who says One thing, then lie with straight face and make duplicitous statements afterwards . I dont know should I laugh or feel disgusted by the crap amount of hypocrisy you shown and written in your post.

Raping boys aint a cultural thing. it is disgusting practice to be eradicated at all costs. But hey Bringing democracy to Afghanistan > stopping afghanis from being pedophiles

Instead of blaming americans for turning a blind eye shouldnt we try to blame and stop the afghans who are 'muslims' and do these acts? Hamesha doosron ko blame na karo khud ko sudharo

I agree -- the perpetrators are Afghans (Musalmaan Bhai) -- if your read the article, the poor soldier and I am sure American General is disgusted by this and I'm sure traumatized by this. But this practice has been going on long before

Oh, you're a Pakistani American serving in the US armed forces?

I agree -- the perpetrators are Afghans (Musalmaan Bhai) -- if your read the article, the poor soldier and I am sure American General is disgusted by this and I'm sure traumatized by this. But this practice has been going on long before

Oh, you're a Pakistani American serving in the US armed forces?
Been there, Done that. Not going into details. :sniper:

even if a Afghan boy is being molested 2 feet from a U.S soldier he shouldn't do anything. the U.S is not the moral police. if this iscommon practice in Afghanistan then that's how it is and is internal thing.

I agree U.S should keep it's nose out of problems and not be the Sheriff of the world. we should do business like the Chinese and use soft power to control and protect our interests :D

American troops are formally deployed in Afghanistan. They are responsible for providing security, and to keep the national govt barely hang together. The internal affairs of Afghanistan are also American issues. After all, USA is still responsible for their internal security and welfare.

Nobody would condemn American troops or the USA itself, for saving a boy from molestation. It is really bewildering to hear you suddenly speak of non interference on this matter, when the US is busy interfering around the world, fueling or aiding conflicts, bringing "regime change" and so on. But when it comes to helping a young boy being molested within earshot, suddenly you decide to abide by UN resolutions and respecting integrity and so on?

I would like to point out Gen. Campbell's response to the allegations made in the media reports, such as the one in the start of this thread. In response he stated that he is "absolutely confident that no such theater policy has ever existed here, and certainly, no such policy has existed throughout my tenure as commander."

For further clarification, please read his full statement below:

STATEMENT FROM COMMANDER, RESOLUTE SUPPORT AND UNITED STATES FORCES - AFGHANISTAN

KABUL, Afghanistan (Sept. 22, 2015) - Statement from Gen. John F. Campbell, Commander, Resolute Support and United States Forces - Afghanistan:

Recent media reports citing alleged cases from 2010, 2011, and 2012, have claimed that in the past a command policy existed within the Afghan theater of operations that U.S. forces were to ignore suspicions of sexual abuse committed by Afghans against children. I personally have served multiple tours of duty in Afghanistan and am absolutely confident that no such theater policy has ever existed here, and certainly, no such policy has existed throughout my tenure as commander.

Consistent with clear U.S. Department of Defense policy on the issue of sexual assault, trafficking of persons, and similar matters, I expect all personnel to treat others with respect and dignity. I further expect that any suspicions of sexual abuse will be immediately reported to the chain of command, regardless of who the alleged perpetrators or victims are. The chain of command will take appropriate action under applicable law, as well as DoD and service regulations. If the abuse involves Afghans, a report shall be forwarded to me through operations channels, copied to the Staff Judge Advocate, so that the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan can be advised and requested to take action. I have personally spoken with President Ghani on this issue and he made it clear to me that the Afghan government will not tolerate the abuse of its children, or any of its people, and will thoroughly investigate all allegations and administer justice appropriately.

I want to make absolutely clear that any sexual abuse or similar mistreatment of others, no matter the alleged perpetrator or victim, is completely unacceptable, and reprehensible.

My expectations also apply to non-U.S. personnel assigned to the Resolute Support mission, consistent with their national policies and regulations.

Haroon Ahmad
DET - U.S. Central Command
United States Central Command - Urdu

OK people what is done is done now the stuff is sorted out what should the USA and Afghanistan do about it is the real question. USA dn Afghans cant Ignore it now as damage which is done need an active prevention Strategy as well especially at this crucial times in Afghanistan where Insurgency is in the full swing and one cant even predict the future of current Govt. US and Afghans need to sit down and try to come up with something before this news started getting Propagated by wrong Elements among locals who havent access this till now.

According to US soldiers who served in Iraq the local army was also raping their prisoners.

Back
Top Bottom