What's new

Type 055 DDG News & Discussions

Thank you Deino. I saw it in SDF this morning and I couldn't help but smile a bit, because I didn't exspected to get the proof for my hypothesis that fast.

So big credits to dafeng cao

Yes....well done, that was quick in getting confirmation of your hypothesis! :-)

Just checking, but can members here, from that slightly grainy photo, actually confirm that vessel does appear to be an 055. Thanks..........if so then that is great, and as @Deino said i'am surprised as well, as i expected JN to finish their 055 first, and then see how the Chinese Navy got on with it before starting parallel production at another shipyard.
Maybe, the Chinese Navy want to see this vessel a.s.a.p. just like us Navy enthusiasts.

If so then the Chinese Naval shipyards are really getting into their stride now, with batch production of their surface combatants. They must be pretty confident that the systems for the 055 will work, so i guess the work at Wuhan with the mock up helped quite a bit. All we have to do now is wait for the first 055 to be launched to see how it really is going to look........and hopefully that should be later this year.
I wonder why it took so long before we got an image of an 055 at Dalian?..........as we knew of JN's first 055 quite a while back now.

updates
mINWxVb.jpg

卫星大连那张确定是055,而且旧消息首批4或8可能要变,说是等着看,难道是是要暴兵更多艘?
关于002,原话是:去年(2016)就动了,但是这个动了,是和大连那个差不多,要么是“实验”(不是试验,也不是模拟,自己想)分段,要么确实是为仪式准备的分段,毕竟某些位置确实不改的。但是002这个事,我的渠道是真的没发现已经敲定。准确的说如果现在敲定了的话绝对是蒸汽弹射。因为这个是486签了的,目前就看要不要闹到“586”手上。-以上
我个人理解为,002不会变更的“基础分段”可能已造好,至于蒸电弹是否定下来并相应的是否要改设计还没消息。

Yes....well done, that was quick in getting confirmation of your hypothesis! :-)

Just checking, but can members here, from that slightly grainy photo, actually confirm that vessel does appear to be an 055. Thanks..........if so then that is great, and as @Deino said i'am surprised as well, as i expected JN to finish their 055 first, and then see how the Chinese Navy got on with it before starting parallel production at another shipyard.
Maybe, the Chinese Navy want to see this vessel a.s.a.p. just like us Navy enthusiasts.

If so then the Chinese Naval shipyards are really getting into their stride now, with batch production of their surface combatants. They must be pretty confident that the systems for the 055 will work, so i guess the work at Wuhan with the mock up helped quite a bit. All we have to do now is wait for the first 055 to be launched to see how it really is going to look........and hopefully that should be later this year.
I wonder why it took so long before we got an image of an 055 at Dalian?..........as we knew of JN's first 055 quite a while back now.
It is Type 055.

The sketch posted in CDF is based on an image of my source.

According to a mod from CJDBY who work in China ship industry corp, the first batch PLA ordered is eight 055 DDGs, so just expect more to come in the near future.
you are quicker than me``lol, and he also said the second batch will be more than 8

it takes time to built up necessary equipment and infra, and parts need to be ordered from suppliers```mid of last year, I know they ordered 4 sets of vital parts from suppliers a year ago, and they were for the initial four 055s````

It is Type 055.

The sketch posted in CDF is based on an image of my source.

I would be happy to see the original image. Because I have the strong believe, that this modules belong to two units.

As I stated before, from an economic point of view, the occupation of the building dock for just one 055 is senseless an extremly expensive. The other option to build a civilian vessel or an other military class side by side with the 055 is a bad and risky option for the shipyard.

As I stated before, from an economic point of view, the occupation of the building dock for just one 055 is senseless an extremly expensive. The other option to build a civilian vessel or an other military class side by side with the 055 is a bad and risky option for the shipyard.
It's a fair guess:-)

Back
Top Bottom