What's new

Type 055 DDG News & Discussions

132618o9q33qs39y3ff3t4.png
Module of second type 055 appears at the back!:china:

The so-called most reliable source of 055 DDG leaked with128 VLS
最新中国055大型驱逐舰的建造图流出,封闭式舰艏一览无余。有网友根据现有信息制作055驱逐舰CG图,可以看到128组通用垂直发射单元,可发射防空以及巡航导弹。如果真如此,055将成为世界上通用垂直发射单元最多的战舰。
f1MXyv0.jpg
I8j0Ps8.jpg
sDlcl1l.jpg
eCAlTVa.jpg
R0XM4TI.jpg

Thanks grey boy, best cgi so far. The long bow and large stack of VLS cells gives it a cruiser look. This will be my new desktop.

The so-called most reliable source of 055 DDG leaked with128 VLS
最新中国055大型驱逐舰的建造图流出,封闭式舰艏一览无余。有网友根据现有信息制作055驱逐舰CG图,可以看到128组通用垂直发射单元,可发射防空以及巡航导弹。如果真如此,055将成为世界上通用垂直发射单元最多的战舰。
f1MXyv0.jpg
I8j0Ps8.jpg
sDlcl1l.jpg
eCAlTVa.jpg
R0XM4TI.jpg

These are merely amateurs' impression.

These are merely amateurs' impression.

For accuracy we have your module cgi, for imagination we have fanboy cgi :yahoo:

I personally don't expect such a long bow, and I feel VLS will be well less of 128. But the fanboy inside of me likes bigger and better.

For accuracy we have your module cgi, for imagination we have fanboy cgi :yahoo:

I personally don't expect such a long bow, and I feel VLS will be well less of 128. But the fanboy inside of me likes bigger and better.
It's not abtt fanboy but logic tells you. Type055 cruise with almost twice the tonnage compare to 052D shall not be a modest increase in numbers of VLS. Got one Chinese joker illustrate 055 has only 80VLS. Typical inferior syndrome. It shall between 112-128 VLS.

It's not abtt fanboy but logic tells you. Type055 cruise with almost twice the tonnage compare to 052D shall not be a modest increase in numbers of VLS. Got one Chinese joker illustrate 055 has only 80VLS. Typical inferior syndrome. It shall between 112-128 VLS.

The only way there could be 80 cell VLS is if an even larger VLS is used which seems unlikely. Current 052D VLS is already larger than the Mk 57 VLS on the Zumwalt, which is in turn larger than the Mk 41 on the Burkes.

I'm expecting 96-128, but settling on a nice rounded 112. The difficulty is that we don't have published displacement, only a possible range from 10000 to 13000. Time will tell though.

I'm more interested to know if there will be a newer iteration of the Type 346A from the 052D, and also about the sensor mast arrangement.

I believe at today's rates that would be equivalent to $900 million. Sounds like a decent price to me, compared to similar Western vessels, which would be around twice as expensive.
Roll on 2017, so we can all get a good look at the new 055! :-)

Do you have any idea about the price of Flight III Arleigh Burke ? I found 2.7 billion USD price from internet but not sure.
Type 055 is similar or even superior to Burke III on major performance, like tonnage, weapon and fire power, Radar advance level, stealth shape,... etc. but the price is only 0.9 billion USD, 1/3 of Burke III. :smitten:

Do you have any idea about the price of Flight III Arleigh Burke ? I foffound 2.7 billion USD price from internet but not sure.
Type 055 is similar or even superior to Burke III on major performance, like tonnage, weapon and fire power, Radar advance level, stealth shape,... etc. but the price is only 0.9 billion USD, 1/3 of Burke III. :smitten:
Price tag of PLAN ships are cost + 5%, i.e. the ship builder will be paid 5% on top of the cost. This was disclosed by huahua in cjdby recently.

What is the exact definition of cost in this case was not clear. It could be total project cost, or cost of works under taken by ship builder.

Back
Top Bottom