What's new

Type 055 DDG News & Discussions

It looked as if CCG 2901 and 3901 are the prelude to 055 DDG since they are being/were built at the same out-door location, and they have similar tonnage. This mean we shall be able to see more photos of the ship shaping up as time pass.

Please can members here, add some texts to the images that they post here, as its not always clear what you are trying to tell us.
Also, for those posting from Chinese websites, please could we also have a English translation as well please.
You no it makes sense. Thanks :-)
Above photo showed the helo hangar of type055 DDG, we can see the structure has 4-floor. And the text in Chinese said the first China type055 DDG started building in this shipyard(ShangHai. JiangNan) since 2016-03.

China domestic air-defence DDG developed from type052C ==> type052D ==> type055, future China plan to build more air-defence DDGs. :-)

Last edited:
Ladies and gentlemen, Indonesian coastal guard shot our fishmen yesterday in our traditional fishing ground in SCS. How shall we deal with those bastards?

Ladies and gentlemen, Indonesian coastal guard shot our fishmen yesterday in our traditional fishing ground in SCS. How shall we deal with those bastards?
I read news said Chinese fishmen cross the nine-dashed line illegal fishing in there, so how we deal with this case ?

If our fishermen indeed break the law , they must face the music. Natunas is not under 9 dash line.

Can You please continue this - in fact political - discussion in the general PLN thread ???

Not sure how this is related to the 055 DDG.

Deino

It is said these CG images are the closest to the real thing
2.png

3.png

3.jpg

4.jpg

大神Slayerhuahua from Chinese Internet said 118 cells VLS.

The hull at the bow has "V"shape cross-section, yet it can accommodate 60 cells VLS despite smaller footprint at the hull bottom (as illustrated in above post).

The hull cross-section at midship is similar to "U" shape, thus able to seat more missiles at bottom of the hull. Therefore it is not unreasonable to expect 48 or more cells from the mdship VLS.

大神Slayerhuahua from Chinese Internet said 118 cells VLS.

The hull at the bow has "V"shape cross-section, yet it can accommodate 60 cells VLS despite smaller footprint at the hull bottom (as illustrated in above post).

The hull cross-section at midship is similar to "U" shape, thus able to seat more missiles at bottom of the hull. Therefore it is not unreasonable to expect 48 or more cells from the mdship VLS.

Number of the cells is definetly a multiple of 8

Number of the cells is definetly a multiple of 8

My mistake, I thought it was multiple of 6......:(

So it is 112 cells as quoted by Slayerhuahua. That sound fine since each cell may contain from 1 to 4 missiles of different sizes.

Last edited:
My mistake, I thought it was multiple of 6......:(

So it is 112 cells as quoted by Slayerhuahua. That sound fine since each cell may contain from 1 to 4 missiles of different sizes.
But the more powerful LRSAM and anti-ballistic missile can only fit one each cell.

Can You please continue this - in fact political - discussion in the general PLN thread ???

Not sure how this is related to the 055 DDG.

Deino
Dear Deino, Here off-topic. Do u have internal photos inside the "Wiesel TOW" ? Two crew or Three crew ?
Im interesting in this cute weapon, wanna see internal photos ... thanks!
11.jpg
22.jpg
33.jpg

Back
Top Bottom