What's new

Type 055 DDG News & Discussions

1652177619970.png

Why would China rip off the failed Zumwalt class? China has its own design.
I will fully agree with you. China doesn't need this kind of abandon design. The 055 design has been a great success and even been adopted by US, which showed the next concept design is clearly in heavy bias of 055.

I don’t know why did would do it, but they seem to be experimenting with the hull design. Let’s wait and see.

It is more like China is building stealth ships similar to Zumwalt to test its radar returns and to test its perfomance to find out the pro and con of this hull design.

It is more like China is building stealth ships similar to Zumwalt to test its radar returns and to test its perfomance to find out the pro and con of this hull design.
Perhaps, although they could have build smaller scale models but you maybe right. We won’t know till we see something far along to be definite one way or the other. OSINT in the early stages of a project is hard when it comes to the PLA/PLAN

Why would you take that unofficial CG so seriously?
It’s not the first rumor that hinted at a Zumwalt style hull design being considered for an evolution of the Type 55 design, and this piece of art showed all aspects of the new design so I decided to share it.

It’s not the first rumor that hinted at a Zumwalt style hull design being considered for an evolution of the Type 55 design, and this piece of art showed all aspects of the new design so I decided to share it.

I thought PLAN deliberately steered away from the tumblehome design.

I thought PLAN deliberately steered away from the tumblehome design.
Perhaps they may adopt it for a different class of ship or very well may adopt it for a large surface vessel. We don’t know at this point. But they are studying the design, so we shouldn’t be surprised if a PLAN platform within a tumbledown design emerges in the coming years.

Back
Top Bottom