What's new

Two killed, 17 wounded in Gilgit clash

GILGIT: Two people were killed and 17 others were injured when two religious groups clashed here at Yadgar Chowk, near Gilgit deputy commissioner’s office.

According to police, the clash between the two groups began when the top Shia leader of Gilgit-Baltistan, Agha Rahat Hussain Al-Hussaini, was hoisting the Alam (flag) of Hazrat Imam Hussain at Khomar Chowk at the start of Muharram.

The clash left two people belonging to the Shia community dead. They were identified as Syed Iqrar Hussain, 25, a resident of Nagaral of Gilgit district; and Mohammad Ali, 15, from Hoper valley of Nagar. The firing also left 17 people injured. They were taken to the provincial headquarters hospital and Gilgit City hospital, where condition of all the injured people was stated to be stable.

According to chief secretary Mohyuddin Ahmed Wani, a shooting incident took place at Yadgar Chowk in Gilgit. He appealed to the people to remain peaceful.

GB Chief Minister Khalid Khurshid Khan, while taking notice of the incident, said a handful of miscreants were trying to disturb the peaceful environment of the city, but strict action would be taken against them. He appealed to the people to maintain peace and cooperate with the government.

Home Secretary Iqbal Hussain Khan said 44 suspects allegedly involved in the incident had been arrested and the arrest of more elements would be carried out on intelligence-based information.

He said that Section 144 had been imposed in the area for the next two weeks.

He said that Rs1 million each would be paid in compensation to the families of the two people killed in the incident while Rs300,000 each would be paid to injured persons.

this isnt west buddy, this is Asia......Religion is a thing thats import to people here......
Whoever kills a soul, without [its being guilty of] manslaughter or corruption on the earth, is as though he had killed all mankind, and whoever saves a life is as though he had saved all mankind. (5:32)

Clearly not, this is part of your relgion but you didn't give a crap about this part
''He was hoisting the Alam (flag) of Hazrat Imam Hussain at Khomar Chowk''
Isn't imam Hussain revered by all Muslims, flag hoisting will get some one so triggered that they'll kill someone for it

Is this normal human behavior anywhere? Wtf kinda barbarian society is this?

Go register an FIR.
lol why not give him what he actually deserves, like what was given to that Tehreek e Jaffria guy in late 80s.

Look one thing remains clear that u shias can never ever be loyal to our country since yr part of Irani proxies n influence here, ur their agents here n even spy n kill for them. That sectary level officer who was arrested a few months ago for spying for Irani Intel. Services in Pak is a great example.

And we all know what Iran is an Indian Ally. Kulbhushan Yadav remains the best example for that. So why not u guys leave our sunni country and go live in Iran or Lebanon or Iraq where u people r in majority. Thats something i dont understand!

Yaha hamain he instigate kr kr k he tum logo ko humse maar khani zaroori ha kya? U dont even give Zakaat to our country rather give it to yr leader in Iran.

Whoever kills a soul, without [its being guilty of] manslaughter or corruption on the earth, is as though he had killed all mankind, and whoever saves a life is as though he had saved all mankind. (5:32)

Clearly not, this is part of your relgion but you didn't give a crap about this part

Isn't imam Hussain revered by all Muslims, flag hoisting will get some one so triggered that they'll kill someone for it

If this flag hoisting was done every year then Sunnis are responsible for the clash

If it isn't and it was happening for the first time then clearly it was a provocation by the other side. Doesn't justify the murder of the two guys though

If this flag hoisting was done every year then Sunnis are responsible for it

If it isn't and it was happening for the first time then clearly it was a provocation by the other side
Bhai Chalo agar provoke kiya bhi - toh ye baate hai provoke hone waali?
Koi random Ch flag hoisting shuru Kar de to fire khol do?
I don't know that's a low IQ society if it's normalized or accepted

revered yes, but nobody will hoist his name's flag in muharram in a majority sunni country or areas knowing very well that this will instigate the majority. In the end of the day this is a Sunni Muslim country not a Shia. The sooner these Shia leaders realize this the better off they will be otherwise humse aisy he maar he khaaty rahe gy.

And BTW the very first ayat of Quran is ''dont be dumb duffer or blind'' while reading this book.
U also need to stop being a dumb duffer and blind......and care for what Islam really stands for, ie entire Islami Ideology which is Justice!!!!

So be just here as well. His Shia Cleric has done that purposefully to instigate this act for some kind of a political gain! knowing very well that this area is vulnerable and has history of sectarian violence..

Last edited:
Bhai Chalo agar provoke kiya bhi - toh ye baate hai provoke hone waali?
Koi random Ch flag hoisting shuru Kar de to fire khol do?
I don't know that's a low IQ society if it's normalized or accepted

In a high IQ society people don't place religious flags in public squares. However as I said before firing and killing people on such trivial issues is stupid and unacceptable

No comments on the people killed

Eff off sanghi

Hey you like spamming my thread with posts and derailing right
I can't even call you things like you are using foul language
@LeGenD pls clean the thread and take care of the one derailing the thread
Negative rating given because you are always creating trouble making posts. This all started because of a irksome Shia cleric in the region and his fired up speeches.

Why have you not answered @Areesh regarding his rebuttal and deflected and now crying to mod like a little call centre bitch?

stop abusing the Sahaba R.A and no one will hurt you. period.
Agreed.

Negative rating given because you are always creating trouble making posts. This all started because of a irksome Shia cleric in the region and his fired up speeches.

Why have you not answered @Areesh regarding his rebuttal and deflected and now crying to mod like a little call centre bitch?

Agreed.
Oh i can answer on his thread and no response on why spaming on this thread
I can't even degrade them or it would led to my ban the usage of foul language
No troublesome posts by me only articles like other posters
In fact i wouldn't even respond if the guy didn't tag me

Last edited:
Gilgit have sectarian violence in Past, there is high chance that Iran/India is behind this but given the fact that I personally heard extremely insulting language from Shia's against Sahaba's, Ummha-tul-Mumineen so there is a high that there could be provocation. What I find it funny that today the so call Shia scholars who use insulting language against Sahaba and Prophet's wives have no integrity to stand upon, If Hazrat Ali RA was alive today he would be burning or beheading the Shia first. But unfortunately this is Pakistan, its a play ground for everyone and no one give a Sh!t for Pakistan and their fellow Pakistani's, People here kill their own countrymen for KSA/Iran/Palestine/Egypt/etc what a sad state our nation is :(

We faught Hindus cause of relgion
We fight each other for ethnicity
We fight each other for sect's
In the olden days we faught each other for clans
Rich hate the poor
The poor landless farmer kills his oppressive landlord
City people hate the rural people
We clash with all our neighbors

There's no solution to mental issues - this is a pattern of mental issues cause of sheer intolerance

When Bangalis went for ethnicity it didn't solve your issues, when non-muslim flesh and blood of 1000s of years left our lands it didn't result in everything becoming kumbahya, so I can guarantee you this won't help you either - you need soul searching and huge cultural changes
sweety as i said this is Asia not west. Religion is important for people here. Thats a reality u western people need to just swallow......As the majority of Earth's population also lives in Asia.

Thats just how it is......

Whilst China is on the verge of becoming a global hyper power and the West is on the verge of colonising Mars, here in Pakistan we murdering each other over meaningless, retarded so called "religious" reasons and flags!............ :disagree:...........at this rate afghanistan, Somalia, Ethiopia and the Congo will look like superpowers compared to Pakistan in 3 years time if they haven't already done do.........I can see our collective IQ taking a nosedive as I type..........:disagree:

Whilst China is on the verge of becoming a global hyper power and the West is on the verge of colonising Mars, here in Pakistan we murdering each other over meaningless, retarded so called "religious" reasons and flags!............ :disagree:...........at this rate afghanistan, Somalia, Ethiopia and the Congo will look like superpowers compared to Pakistan in 3 years time if they haven't already done do.........I can see our collective IQ taking a nosedive as I type..........:disagree:
I blame inbreeding for retardation of our society
Somalia is better than us lol, atleast they have brains unlike zombies of our country

You can't even get a flag removed yet you're asking me to leave.
i aint a gilgtiti.... what im saying is because people r getting killed here due to instigation of this Shia Cleric. I dont have a problem with Alam flag myself. But Gilgittis dont want it there that much is clear as of now.

We cant always prosecute and punish our own people for the sake of mere minority and make our majority population against Pakistani State itself. Specially when they r being clearly instigated in doing so by yr Clerics for scoring some brownie points infront of his Leader in Iran.

The loyalties of these clerics to Pakistan itself r extremely questionable. Hence its better for everyone's sake that Minority Shias in Pakistan leave this country, and leave us alone plz for the sake of peace and stability of Pakistan itself. And do yr stuff in yr own majority shia countries.

Most Pakistani Mullahs be they Shia or Sunnah are closet homosexuals who like little boys and are also devil-worshippers. They spend their lives trying to reconcile their gay tendencies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom