What's new

Turkish Special Operations Forces

Like last time JOAK attended I will have full access again this year to the results of both the overall rankings and each individual stage of every team taking part.

I have to point out however that JOAK did not do so well last time. Many social media sites reported that they came 7th etc overall but the true ranking was 19th I believe. Regardless of how much time they had to train or not for the competition - JOAK is a unit which is on constant readiness. This means the level of training should always be maintained regardless of whether a competition was due or not. Overall the unit was not happy with the result and it was quite embarrassing for some of the members to return with such a poor result as it pointed out that the unit was not maintaining the level of combat readiness and fitness that they should be.

There was talks of changes to be implemented as a result - Which is was great to hear that there was a reaction to the result and our lads were going to receive better training - I guess we will see.

Lets hope they do better this year !!
I also hope brother. We are waiting for your reports :)

SAT Underwater assault commandos Afrin/Syria

Attachments

• 354DE2F2-FF39-445A-8ED7-B64CB59698E3.jpeg
    354DE2F2-FF39-445A-8ED7-B64CB59698E3.jpeg
    100.2 KB · Views: 195
Like last time JOAK attended I will have full access again this year to the results of both the overall rankings and each individual stage of every team taking part.

I have to point out however that JOAK did not do so well last time. Many social media sites reported that they came 7th etc overall but the true ranking was 19th I believe. Regardless of how much time they had to train or not for the competition - JOAK is a unit which is on constant readiness. This means the level of training should always be maintained regardless of whether a competition was due or not. Overall the unit was not happy with the result and it was quite embarrassing for some of the members to return with such a poor result as it pointed out that the unit was not maintaining the level of combat readiness and fitness that they should be.

There was talks of changes to be implemented as a result - Which is was great to hear that there was a reaction to the result and our lads were going to receive better training - I guess we will see.

Lets hope they do better this year !!
1st place: Lebanon - Black Panthers

2nd Place: China - PAP Team 1

3rd Place: USA - Stanislaus Sheriff SWAT

We are waiting for the full results from you.

What do you guys think of the appearance of our Police Special Operations and CAT? What do you think about those beards and moustaches?
2474270.jpg

7__afrine-giden-pohler-memlekete-dondu.jpg

adaylar_en_az_lise_mezunu_polis_ozel_harekat_poh_alimi_bekliyor_h34459_6e63b.JPG

mqdefault.jpg

122015.jpg
Ba%C5%9Fl%C4%B1ks%C4%B1z-1(208).jpg
5accb75461361f0040412524

So, can we atribute this trend to the returning to the roots? :D
POH were always like that :D In the past they had a nationalist type of moustaches in crescent form but now I am concerned about non crescent moustaches and big beards. From some time beards are more and more often seen with them even if they are not on long time operation in which they don't have much opportunity to shave. That is what is concerning me. I couldn't find good pictures of those guys so I used the first 2 as an example. They are from the returning from Afrin (Its understandable to one point but they gave the maximum of themselves in that beard thing). Also moustaches were seen in the CAT's (Counter Attack Team) but on that time it was cool looking. While now the most of them look like some Iraqi police. Also the Presidential Bodyguard Department started to grow moustaches. The ministers of Internal Affairs and the Minister of Foreign Affairs also grew moustaches.

Muhsin Kose- Bodyguard Chief

Before
upload_2018-5-16_17-50-9.jpeg

After
upload_2018-5-16_17-50-25.jpeg

Ali Erdogan- One of the most famous bodyguards also a relative of President Erdogan

Before
ali_erdogan.jpg

chpli_demircali_basbakana_ali_erdogan_hangi_sifatla_yaninizda_gorevlendirilmistir_diye_sordu_h15862.jpg

After
3105.jpg

Suleyman Soylu- Minister of Internal Affairs

Before
suleyman-soylu.jpg

After
1031013630.jpg

Mevlut Cavusoglu- Minister of Foreign Affairs

Before
mevlut-cavusoglu-kimdir-h1478691876-e1866e.jpg

After
Mevlut_Cavusoglu_speaks_to_the_media_during_a_press_conference_i_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqoOyv4xnU4u4E2vOL4_IJdDBOzqY-5WaIXOUncweP3T4.jpg

There were also cases like these

chp-den-sarikli-sakalli-polis-hakkinda-carpici-aciklama-332950-5.jpg

fft2mm7782836.jpg

1463060257295.jpg

I don't think it is permissible to wear religious symbolism and I don't think it should be allowed as long as Turkey is secular country.

Last edited:
Interesting story. Thanks for sharing.

Oh man, this brought back to me one old funny memory, not related to military but.. Sometimes in the 80s Turkey and former Yugolavia played aa friendly footbal match... and ygoslav commedntator in his opening commentgary goes with usual: her ewe are on stadion xy, with so so thousends at the attendence, and onli ones who dont have a moustaches are security dogs :))

I disagree on religious simbols. It has no real corealtions to secularism of the system or the country. Many countries are secular, from USA to Russia. But their soldiers whear crosses, and otheer religous simbols. Hell they even name weapons systems after biblical names, they use em on some unit patches.
Not to mentions sheer number of secular govrements whose flag is one big *** cross.

I think that turkish solduiers just like all the citizens should wear their faith symbols, be it muslim, christian..
Symbolism and faith is a powerful thing, if you ever been in the tick of the battle you knew: as those al saying goes there are no atheist in foxholes.

Back
Top Bottom