What's new

Turkish Small Arms Industry | Updates and Discussions

First of all, Tavor has more or less the same specs as any other modern 5.56 NATO rifle on the market and MPT-76 has more or less the same specs as any other modern 7.62 NATO rifle on the market.
Secondly, the specs you gave is for TAR-21 which has an 18.5 inch barrel vs the 16 inch barrel on MPT-76. Longer the barrel, higher the muzzle velocity.
If you want to compare an Isreali weapon with MPT-76, you have to do it with Galil ACE 52 which uses 7.62 NATO and has 16 inch barrel same as MPT-76

MPT-76 Rate of fire is 650r/m Galil ACE 52 is 650r/m
MPT-76 Muzzle velocity is 800m/s Galil ACE 52 is 800m/s
MPT-76 Effective range is 600m Galil Ace 52 is 500m

Specs alone are not good enough to determine which is the better rifle anyway. You need to wain until MPT-76 enters use.

First of all, we don't use the Galil ACE.
Second of all, nice try minimizing specs
Muzzle velocity? 830m/s
Rate of fire? 650rpm that's correct
also the firing range
Now, the things you didn't compare
Weight of the ACE? 855mm compared to 920mm of the MPT 76
weight? 3.65kg, MPT76 is 4.1kg
Magazine? 35 rounds, compared to the MPT76 limited 20 rounds

Soon we will compare MPT 55 with other .223 calibers.
MPT 55 with .223 caliber is being manifactured.

We love our HK416-417 clones assault rifles. Because they are made in Turkey and they have been copied from the best assault rifle"HK 417".

There is no magic manifacturing factors.
Same caliber guns have equal velocity.
100 m/s or 200 m/s diffrents dont make great gun.
Although Velocity subject to ammunition and little bit lenght of barrel.

There are a lot of ammo types.
What will you do with your high velocity, if your rifle doesnt work:P

MPT 55? We will wait and see
HK417 is the best assault rifle? ahahaha, first of all, its a battle rifle, not assault rifle, its very bad and useless from close range.
"Same caliber guns have equal velocity" No, same bullets have more or less equal velocity
Israel have lighter bullets and normal NATO bullets.
And hell yeah 100m/s or 200m/s make a better gun, you have to lead much more with a lower velocity gun

Of course. We do this since decades. While this is turkish first indigenous rifle. Nobody can really expect that they can catch up us with his first step. Btw, Tavor is a 5mm rifle while mpt is a 7mm. So nobody is surprised if Tavor is lighter and shorter.

Did you know that our HK-416 or G36 muzzle velocity is so fast that even a graze shot is mortal.
Israel also made its own Galil ACE 52, which is lighter, shorter also have bigger muzzle velocity and more ammo capacity.

Such a fool that a man compares 7.62 mm with 5.56 mm
MPT 76 is your main assault rifle, and you Turks have the MPT76
Its like saying "Oh you have a jet but we have a tank so you cant compare our strength"

kale kalıp will be game changer =)
Isn't it a sniper rifle?

You guys became paranoid. Every single new member is Hurshid for you.

Well, actually I, myself think that too. When i see a new member, I suspect of that.

"Same caliber guns have equal velocity" No, same bullets have more or less equal velocity
Israel have lighter bullets and normal NATO bullets.
And hell yeah 100m/s or 200m/s make a better gun, you have to lead much more with a lower velocity gun

I agree with most that you're saying but this think confuses me; are you saying that a lighter bullet is better than a heavier bullet against far away targets because it gets a higher muzzle velocity?

That doesn't make sense since lighter bullets have a lower range than heavier bullets. That's the reason to why we use lead in bullets rather than aluminium.

Israel also made its own Galil ACE 52, which is lighter, shorter also have bigger muzzle velocity and more ammo capacity.

It being lighter and shorter are of course two very good factors in its favor but the ammo capacity difference can easily be mitigated by just making larger magazines for the mpt-76. On the other hand the 100 meter longer effective range of the mpt-76 makes it superior in combat situations taking place on plains and mountains.

Isn't it a sniper rifle?

I can't find any info about it so I can't say, but Turkey already has a sniper rifle (The JNG-90) so why spend resources trying to make a new one?

MPT 55? We will wait and see
HK417 is the best assault rifle? ahahaha, first of all, its a battle rifle, not assault rifle, its very bad and useless from close range.

Yes I am sory, Hk417 the second best assault rifle after Hk 416:) Because they have the best reliable mechanism with accuracy. AR-15's accuracy with FN's reliable mechanism.

You are a piece of shit , who did theach you these rediculus thing.

Has .308 win useless from close range?
You comfuse pistols and rifles.

.Both .308 and. 233 have same range. Because they have same velocity. .223 very fast.

Last edited:
This is not a Sniper Rifle. It is a Marksman Rifle!

Sniper rifles are made for very long distance 800m - 2000m and are used by 1 sniper and 1 helper who lokks for distance and weather condition.

This one is for a Marksman who acts in a 6 men team and kills enemies up to 600-800m

This is not a Sniper Rifle. It is a Marksman Rifle!

Sniper rifles are made for very long distance 800m - 2000m and are used by 1 sniper and 1 helper who lokks for distance and weather condition.

This one is for a Marksman who acts in a 6 men team and kills enemies up to 600-800m
Yes this is Marksman like a SVD Dragunov. Dragunov never been a sniper rifle.

Sniper rifles are made with bolt action. There are no examples semi-auto sniper rifle.

Yes this is Marksman like a SVD Dragunov. Dragunov never been a sniper rifle.

Sniper rifles are made with bolt action. There are no examples semi-auto sniper rifle.

there are, M82/M107. These rifles are officially Anti-material rifles, but can be used by a 2 man sniper team. Turkish SAT and SAS commandos use these as sniper rifles.

+ Turkish made anti-material rifle is needed.I hope they already started on this project.

+ Turkish made anti-material rifle is needed.I hope they already started on this project.

Kalekalip made a 12.7x99mm rifle, named the Kalekalip 12.7mm AMR

0aa8e77aab6354f2f892caf70c12b5e6.jpg

Last edited:
It looks like we will see another showcase of MKEK about their indiginious Anti-material rifle :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom