• I agree but,....

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I don't agree

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Don't care

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The more worried/desperate people are, the more hate and fear is spread.

Some of them are approaching mods to try silence me....just for posting news articles from the BBC.

They think only Chinese and Turks (preferably only Chinese...but they seem to recognise they cannot control Turk-Pakistan friendship here) should ever engage in this discussion apparently....any outsider to it (even just posting news) is just causing trouble.

So lets see what unfolds over rest of this month....given Turkish govt is not taking things on the chin lately.

Seeing Pakistanis switch sides when they see Chinese poster or Turkish poster post something ticks me offf bloddy hell think for yourself does all your life revolve on some members post from cyberspace BTW PDF does not,or some diaspora dude on Social media doesnt influence the political system or foreign policy @Pan-Islamic-Pakistan

İçimin yağları eridi

Besleyip azdınlaştırdığınız arsız, kendi yandaşlarınıda ısırıp, terörist demeye başladı...

Beter olsunlar.
Ben bir zamanlar selo denen itin İSTANBUL HALinde baya bir kitleye sahip olduğunu görmüştüm, yani akpli olduğunu öyle iddia etmenle bitmiyor. Ben tam bilgiye sahip değilim ama hal ve işporta dünyasının bu malumların elinde olduğunu düşünüyorum, çünkü onların yapabileceği bir iş, yani pkklı itlerin. Elbette bunların da ipi çekilecek bu amklarından 2 milyonu sürsek ermenistana ülke hiçbirşey kaybetmez.

State-run stalls have been established across Turkey to combat the rising price of fruit and vegetables, as the government blames speculators and middlemen for inflicting "food terrorism" on the country.

In Istanbul’s world-famous Taksim square, queues of people have been pictured waiting to shop in front of one of the stalls.

“From producer to consumer, first hand vegetable. Total fight against inflation,” reads a banner on the stall.

The prices of the vegetables in these government-operated, ad-hoc shops are around 50 percent cheaper than regular grocery stores.

The government, through local municipalities, plans to establish 50 “regulated sale” points in Istanbul and 15 in Ankara.

Citizens are only permitted to buy 3kg of each vegetable in stock.

https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/turkey-cracks-down-food-terrorism-government-run-shops

=========

What's going on? Can anyone explain why you have this sudden inflation in food prices? What is the long term solution to this?

We suffer from artificial inflation in Pakistan. Suppliers buy from farmers and horde the produce, causing artificial inflation. Meanwhile they smuggle excess stock abroad, especially to Afghanistan.

State-run stalls have been established across Turkey to combat the rising price of fruit and vegetables, as the government blames speculators and middlemen for inflicting "food terrorism" on the country.

In Istanbul’s world-famous Taksim square, queues of people have been pictured waiting to shop in front of one of the stalls.

“From producer to consumer, first hand vegetable. Total fight against inflation,” reads a banner on the stall.

The prices of the vegetables in these government-operated, ad-hoc shops are around 50 percent cheaper than regular grocery stores.

The government, through local municipalities, plans to establish 50 “regulated sale” points in Istanbul and 15 in Ankara.

Citizens are only permitted to buy 3kg of each vegetable in stock.

https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/turkey-cracks-down-food-terrorism-government-run-shops

=========

What's going on? Can anyone explain why you have this sudden inflation in food prices? What is the long term solution to this?

We suffer from artificial inflation in Pakistan. Suppliers buy from farmers and horde the produce, causing artificial inflation. Meanwhile they smuggle excess stock abroad, especially to Afghanistan.

Erdogan and his cronies made tons of money by importing food products from abroad. This destroyed local production. Now the currency is not good so they can’t import and at the same time the costs of production in Turkey have gone up too because of taxation and high cost of production; the result is expensive basic food products. Government media is trying to blame the producers and middle man but that is typical for this Islamist government which is never to accept fault. People are literally starving.

I guess it will depend on how long these government stalls can hold out for. If they can hold out until the next harvest season, then the government might be right that it is all speculation. If however they run out of food, then clearly there was a shortage.

I guess it will depend on how long these government stalls can hold out for. If they can hold out until the next harvest season, then the government might be right that it is all speculation. If however they run out of food, then clearly there was a shortage.

You should not listen to that troll, this is common thing in Turkey. Companies abuse things like when currencies change. They uprising the price 3 or 5 times, when the currencies get lower the price stay like that. I have see companies using dollar or euro as money, wtf are you thinking?

Next thing should be meat, meat is to expensive in Turkey.

Don’t listen to Oblivous. He is a known government troll. Truth is that not only vegetables are expensive. Meat. Gas. Water. Electricity. And fuel is expensive too. I mean how can food producers produce cheap in such an environment when the costs are sky high and reward very small? The government destroyed local production by importing food instead of supporting local production. It will take years to get the production sector on its feet again. Most important thing: people don’t trust the ruling party anymore. In the past people put money and lost. There is no trust left.

Don’t listen to Oblivous. He is a known government troll. Truth is that not only vegetables are expensive. Meat. Gas. Water. Electricity. And fuel is expensive too. I mean how can food producers produce cheap in such an environment when the costs are sky high and reward very small? The government destroyed local production by importing food instead of supporting local production. It will take years to get the production sector on its feet again. Most important thing: people don’t trust the ruling party anymore. In the past people put money and lost. There is no trust left.

Importing food over growing your own seems a very poor decision. Food security should be in a nations own hands.

Erdogan and his cronies made tons of money by importing food products from abroad. This destroyed local production. Now the currency is not good so they can’t import and at the same time the costs of production in Turkey have gone up too because of taxation and high cost of production; the result is expensive basic food products. Government media is trying to blame the producers and middle man but that is typical for this Islamist government which is never to accept fault. People are literally starving.
Funny comment. I am really lost where i need to start to correct it :D

Importing food over growing your own seems a very poor decision. Food security should be in a nations own hands.
Trust in Oblivous friend. Everything is being fine last days, prices drastically dropped, thank to Allah we have a leader as Erdogan.

Please don’t listen to MKALE. He is a government troll too. And he doesn’t even live in Turkey so he doesn’t know what is going on.

You are right my friend. People are waking up. More and more people can’t earn a honest living. Food producers are getting out of business because high cost of business and now the vendors too. Personally I believe there will come a point that there will be hunger because even now meat and vegetables are too expensive for most people. Then the people will wake up and go in the streets and let those people pay who are responsible. Real unemployment is like 30%.

Funny comment. I am really lost where i need to start to correct it :D

Trust in Oblivous friend. Everything is being fine last days, prices drastically dropped, thank to Allah we have a leader as Erdogan.

Prices didn’t drop. The prices are the same in the super markets. You are in Germany and you pretend like you know what is happening.

The government opened special stands where they sell a little cheaper until elections are over. The government sells the vegetables with a loss. It is not a long term solution.

It is subsidized vegetables stand. There aren’t many and people are waiting for hours in cue like it is a third world country.

Last edited:
Prices didn’t drop. The prices are the same in the super markets. You are in Germany and you pretend like you know what is happening.

The government opened special stands where they sell a little cheaper until elections are over. The government sells the vegetables with a loss. It is not a long term solution.

It is subsidized vegetables stand. There aren’t many and people are waiting for hours in cue like it is a third world country.
https://www.sanalmarket.com.tr/patlican-bostan-kg-p-1afd6c8

How it is same :D
In this expensive e-bazaar most prices even down as seen here :D

How long do you think they will continue to sell with a loss? Until elections are over. [emoji23]

Bazaar people are getting out of business. This is good. These people are AKP supporters anyhow. [emoji1360]
The problem comes from middleman (halci-komisyoncu) not bazaar people of course, they have some stock that bought from old price, that is why they partly angry. But prices are gonna reach at stabile level a few days later and they will make more money than old days.
And they know of course, the rest of Erdogan have nothing beneficial for Turkey. Anyway we gonna see again Erdogan will be winner at that election. You be relax. :D

The problem comes from middleman (halci-komisyoncu) not bazaar people of course, they have some stock that bought from old price, that is why they partly angry. But prices are gonna reach a few days later and they will make more money than old days.
And they know of course, the rest of Erdogan have nothing beneficial for Turkey. Anyway we gonna see again Erdogan will be winner at that election. You be relax. :D

There was always Middle man. They aren’t the problem. They are distributors and they earn their share. Problem is high prices of power, water, and fuel.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom