• I agree but,....

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I don't agree

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Don't care

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why is that? All Israeli people I know hate Turks on unjust grounds, they have negative feelings towards us and blame us for the Flotilla accident. Good to see Netanayhu is smarter than the average Jew but I have a feeling he doesn't really mean it, he only apologized for the greater good of Israel. Jews only care about self-interest. This friendship should be real but I'm afraid as the famous Jewish saying go's: there are only temporary alliances. Turks shouldn't forget when dealing with Jews. We have learnt this during ww1.
Thats not true,Israeli people i know are good friends with turks.
If you are refering to forums thats different,i have many Israeli friends.
Maybe you know the wrong Israelis,they have a problem with Erdogan and not with Turks.

Hmmm interesting, Seems Israel is starting to feel the heat under there feet. After Obama made some sensitive comments about Israeli settelments in Palestine. Well i must admit i am a little happy, Israel was a crucial supplier of Turkish army with cost-effective and cheap equipment.

Wonder what @500 , @Archdemon and @PteX thoughts are about this.

Well my opinion has not changed:

This what I wrote years ago:

I would not oppose compensations and apologise if relationshis really were restoring to normal. Problem is that even if Israel meets all demands it wont change anything in Turkey Israel relationships while Erdogan is at power. Relationships went down to freezing point even before the flotilla.

As I said Israel accepted Palmer report conflusions, Erdogan rejected. This Turkish acticle is explaining better than me Israel's reasoning:

At the end of the day Israel decided not to apologize not because of Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman’s stubbornness or Benjamin Netanyahu’s difficult domestic situation and sliding popularity. To be sure, factors related to domestic politics and the need to save face played a certain role. Yet, the real reason behind Israeli behavior is very simple. Tel Aviv decided that the apology would not solve problems with Turkey. According to the strategic assessment in Israel, it seemed that the relationship with Turkey was broken beyond repair. An apology would have allowed Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan to declare victory without really changing the structural flaws that have emerged in the bilateral partnership since 2006. The fact that Turkey was not only demanding an apology and compensation but also an end to the embargo over Gaza is very telling for the Israelis. This showed that normalization with Turkey was almost impossible as long as the Turkish government indexed its relations with Tel Aviv not just to bilateral factors but also to the Palestinian question. In that sense, from the Israeli perspective, Turkey set the bar too high. As a result, the Netanyahu government came to the conclusion that, even in the aftermath of an apology that would have been quite costly in terms of Israeli domestic politics, there was no return to the golden age of Turkish-Israeli strategic relations in the 1990s.

Deciphering Israel

You should understand simple thing: geopolitics are beyond silly pride games. It was the strategic decission of Erdogan to ditch Israel in favor of union with Arabs (first Syria then Egypt). Everything else is just pretexts. Turkey stopped joint expercises with Israel in 2009 and in same year conducted for the frst time joint drill with Syria. All that happened a year before flotilla.

What happened since then? We got a civil war in Syria. Erdogan's idea of union with Syria and Iran has collapsed. So Erdogan realised its better improve relations with Israel. Erdogan ditched his demand for lifting naval blockade over Gaza.

So now when Israel realized that Erdogan is serious we have no problem to apologize for mistakes that led to loss of life (not for the raid itself BTW). I can repeat once again what I said long time ago: Geopolitics are much more important than silly pride games.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is misreported?? It says civilians good will be allowed passage as long as calm prevails.
Israel never minded passage of civilian goods from Egypt and Israel itself. But we wont allow ships coming to Gaza without inspection.

Its glad to see Netanyahu maned up and apologized..No matter what some silly fanboys preach, this news is good..I dont think our relations will be as good as before Mavi Marmara incident, but at least, animosity between the two countries will be over..:tup:

Its glad to see Netanyahu maned up and apologized..No matter what some silly fanboys preach, this news is good..I dont think our relations will be as good as before Mavi Marmara incident, but at least, animosity between the two countries will be over..:tup:
Relations trashed after war in Gaza in the beginning of 2009. Marmara only completed it.

And there was mutual compromise in this deal.

Why is that? All Israeli people I know hate Turks on unjust grounds, they have negative feelings towards us and blame us for the Flotilla accident. Good to see Netanayhu is smarter than the average Jew but I have a feeling he doesn't really mean it, he only apologized for the greater good of Israel. Jews only care about self-interest. This friendship should be real but I'm afraid as the famous Jewish saying go's: there are only temporary alliances. Turks shouldn't forget when dealing with Jews. We have learnt this during ww1.
What are you babbling about? Erdogan attacked Israel long before the Marmara event.

I won't even address the rest of what you wrote because of how false it is, based on misguided ideas that have no basis in reality.

Relations trashed after war in Gaza in the beginning of 2009. Marmara only completed it.

And there was mutual compromise in this deal.

After Israel leave the peace proces in which Turkey was a mediator, not to mention the 'high chair' incident that escalated the whole issue even further.

After Israel leave the peace proces in which Turkey was a mediator
Hamas that rejected truce with Israel to be blamed.

not to mention the 'high chair' incident that escalated the whole issue even further.
Ayalon immediately apologized for this incident. So it did not escalate anything.

It is not a victory nor a loose for anyone.

Time has come and allies made peace, as should be.

Israel and Turkiye are the naturel allies for each other at the end of the day.

And off course Azerbaycan is the other one.

Back
Top Bottom