What's new

Turkish Oil & Gas Exploration Update & Discussion

I mean worst case you find the oil and starting pumping once the markets recovered. I'd be happy if we finally find anything. Romania has found gas in the black sea, Cyprus and Israel in the EastMed. We can't be that cursed.

Good news is that all the Pipeline dreams from Israel over Cyprus to Greece should be dead right now, many experts deemed it to expensive even before the prices crashed and this situation right now might push it even further back by a couple years.

I'm sure someone has already shared this. But here it comes again.
https://www.yeniakit.com.tr/haber/f...ylasti-turkiye-icin-buyuk-basari-1151161.html

in short: Atlas Geopolitique des Espaces Maritimes has registered Turkeys martime border with Libya as valid, and even the french navy has posted it.

1585487782-c43ce9.jpg

We'll have to keep defending our claim and invite to dialogue, even though not a single of the countries around our vicinity will give up trying to violate our rights.

Those are the regular pre election discoveries, we never hear from ever again.
So what if it is pre election announcement

It is an accomplishment either way or do you think it is not worth bragging about

Exploration in Meditteranean and the government powerful position on it defending it is something positive and deserves notice and any discoveries made are worth bragging about considering all the challenges especially from neighbors

Why black sea coast isn’t exploited more??
Turkish part is the biggest one there has to be at least some gas

So what if it is pre election announcement

It is an accomplishment either way or do you think it is not worth bragging about

Exploration in Meditteranean and the government powerful position on it defending it is something positive and deserves notice and any discoveries made are worth bragging about considering all the challenges especially from neighbors

I think you misunderstood that post. Pre-election announcements are just political tool/lies that are either not true, or wildly exaggerated. Which is why they cover it up and you don't ever hear about it.

If you google Turkey's annual oil production you can see it's around 48.000 a day in compared with let's say Syria who prior to civil war had 386.000 a day. What we got is not enough to cover the cost of having a bloody oil platform. (around 2 mio. usd a day).

And what matters is the proven oil capacity because that attracts global investors.

In short politicians (all of them) lie, until they can prove it.

Turkey intensifies Mediterranean gas operations as energy giants postpone

Ankara’s intensification of exploration and drilling activities will coincide with easing of pandemic restrictions, with Exxon Mobil, Eni, and Total suspending activities until next year.

Turkey is bucking the trend when it comes to offshore gas operations in the Eastern Mediterranean by intensifying exploration and drilling activities in the region.

Ankara’s move will coincide with the easing of pandemic restrictions rolling out in Turkey to help quell the outbreak of the coronavirus.

It comes as energy giants ExxonMobil, Total, and ENI, put a halt on their operations amid the fallout of the coronavirus pandemic.

Demand for oil and other hydrocarbons, such as natural gas, have tanked in recent months due to falling demand brought on by lockdowns implemented across the globe. The virus has caused a dramatic slowdown in both production and consumption, which have helped kill off demand.

The situation was further worsened by an oil price war between Saudi Arabia and Russia, in which the former increased its output in an attempt to lower prices to a level that would be unsustainable for the Russians.

Despite US President Donald Trump putting an end to the price war, markets have had to deal with a glut that sent WTI (West Texas Intermediate) crude prices negative. Brent Crude is also trading low, at around $20 a barrel from a year start price of $69.

The current oversupply of energy and the likelihood that demand will further decline with the global economic downturn likely to follow the easing of coronavirus-induced lockdowns makes energy extraction less lucrative and exploration particularly risky if deposits are not found or are not commercially viable.

Total and ENI have implemented suspensions that run into mid-2021 with some projects on hold until the following year.

https://www.trtworld.com/magazine/t...as-operations-as-energy-giants-postpone-36103

Keeping an eye on it for the last few days and Yavuz still on the same spot. Probably found something and keep drilling

Rj5xuZR.jpg

Keeping an eye on it for the last few days and Yavuz still on the same spot. Probably found something and keep drilling

Rj5xuZR.jpg
I would prefer if whatever they found was more to west and a bit north.

I still think we should build islands for touristic purpose. Villa style.

Several sources are reporting that Israel is interested in signing a similar agreement with Turkey as the one between Turkey and Libya.

This would be a huge blow to Egypt, Greece, Cyprus and France. The two most powerful countries of East Mid. working together would effectively subdue them.

Several sources are reporting that Israel is interested in signing a similar agreement with Turkey as the one between Turkey and Libya.

This would be a huge blow to Egypt, Greece, Cyprus and France. The two most powerful countries of East Mid. working together would effectively subdue them.
I doubt. Israel won't make any agreement without permission from US and I think the coalition between egypt,south cyprus,and greece is what US worked on it

The Israeli's both fear and want to work with Turkey. Ideally for them they would've led an anti-Turkey bloc. However Turkey didn't bow down to their threats.

If these rumours are true then it's very good for us. It essentially means that the Isreal-Greece-Egypt-Cyprus bloc has lost its strongest member.

Back
Top Bottom