• Olcayto

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Tesla.

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We will check post history, so be sure to check that before you nominate somebody.

Even if the person isn't popular, still nominate and stick with it if that is what you want.

We asked everybody for almost days, is there any out of the list?

We asked everybody for almost days, is there any out of the list?

I want to see more discussions and opinions on who is fit, who is not, and why not, or why yes.

Once done i will close the thread and management will study the nominations. Finalize, and put for the final vote.

I know you are counting votes, but here we are just looking for what i have mentioned above.

Ok, we almost asked one by one, these 5 are only men who have proposed their will to be a mod but I am sure being mod has its requirements.

people voted for their buddies.:)

Sinan himself had admitted that he sometimes cannot control his anger and that its hard for him to remain calm and objective.

Neptune seems decent and fit but he didnt get the votes he deserved..

Although, there are people on the list that i feel closer, but in my opinion the best candidate for the job is @Baykuş. Besides, we have all seen what happened to Deno after she has become a mod. I don't want the same thing to happen to Sinan and LegionnairE. I want you guys to remain as active participants of the discussions.

Baykuş;4407326 said:
I can volunteer to do whatever it takes, actually. I know that I'm pretty unknown and a new member at this forum, but I've been following it on a daily basis for the last 2 years or so. Also, I've a passion to keep things relevant, cleaned and sorted :laugh:

Good observer, active, neutral, fluent English, balanced views, sense of humour...

So, i vote for Baykuş.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its fine to vote for your buddies if thats what you want, but do look at the over all view of what you want in this section? Do you want opposing point of views curtailed just to have a happy happy forum? Look at post history, look at how they behave when they are trolled, etc.

personally i cant think of myself being a mod because im no way calm..

i think we should check the old posts and try to find someone who has "steel nerves".

im gonna check baykuş and neptune.

Its fine to vote for your buddies if thats what you want, but do look at the over all view of what you want in this section? Do you want opposing point of views curtailed just to have a happy happy forum? Look at post history, look at how they behave when they are trolled, etc.

Dear Admin I tried once before voting and there are some responds if you are interested in.

I found it beneficial if candidates have a will to propose a semi plan for their future although this is not mandatory: (highly recommended for new members to prove their maturity to others)

1- How will you promote the Turkish section performance
2- Who will you ban
3- What is rules and regulation of site in your way of thinking
4- What are allowed topics to be discussed, here
5- What is a way to effectively defend your opinion while you are a mod
6- What will you do if you find a member enjoys the silence of admins while he is trolling (people have friends and admins are no exception)
7- what are the cases of insult in your idea
8- every topic you could add to this list

We have had Three proposals up to now:

1- By couraging members to come with us up to date news on our defence section, primaryly about military exercises, defence projects. I'd hold the politcs at the background. Because members always swear to each other on that. And last, we have some anti-Turk foreigners that rarely post here. I'd allow them to kkeep doing that if only they become more respectful and objective

2- I'd ban those who insult other members by their religion, race, nationalty, opinions or by the party that they support. But I'd warn them once before doin that. But if the guy makes sth unacceptable. I'd ban of course

3- In my way; you are free to express your opinion or create what threat you want. But under the forum rules and mutual respect.

4- Except the military and defence related threats; I can re-apply the Turkish Discussion threat BUT only if you stop swearing to each other. and stop talking politics on that threat

5- In respect of the both sides opinions. I'd express mines without insulthing them and their opinions and views.

6- I'd first ban him/her temproray nearly for a week or a couple of days. If he keeps doin that, I'll make it a permanent ban.

7- If someone uses argo and unrespectful words on other people's opinions, instead of expressing his thoughts on others opinions with mutual respect. I call it as "insulting". There may also some other cases too of course

8- I can start a threat that chooses the Turkish member of the week based on it's actings, posts, his stand on other members, and understaning the others. OF course there could be other threats if not passes the lines of rules

1- I wish to see more defence related threads. The performance will be set by our members attendance, if everyone enjoys the forum, the performance will rise.

In example last week Yuuki left us due to increased swearing. He was a valuable member who was contributing mainly with economical news. That was a loss for us. I gonna enforce forum rules to keep our section in an mannered way.
2- Users who repatedly violates forum rules.
3- We are currently suffering from: off-topic posts, swearing, trolling, posts of no value, using non-English language. I gonna swiftly clean the threads that are effected and keep enforcing forum rules. I'll be strict about these problems.
4- Discussing mainly defence related topics. Strategical, economical and political topics will be welcomed. No religion discussions.
5- Being neutral.
6- Since there will be no more trolling in our section that won't be the case.
7- Insulting nationality, religion, personal insults and insulting of the values we hold dear like Atatürk, Our history, etc..

Now now that's quite the question.

First of all. We simply need a mod whether this is temp. Or perm.

Whether you believe it or not İ'm actually quite neutral. İ don't judge people on their ethnicity, religion or ideology.
İ'm quite calm. Hard to get mad. And patient.

Esspecially these last 2 weeks İ have seen how mad and lunatic people get over ideology and start swearing to each other.

İ have seen people swearing to my religion and my prophet in a hard way.

İ have seen people insulting each other even based on WHERE they live. Whether this is me or any other turk wh lives outside of Turkey.

To end this.
To bring equal justice in this section,
to increase the maturity and mutual respect between members of the turkish section.

You see , a man can't apply justice upon his fellow member until he himself is just.

None of you can keep your calm,and none has the ability to have an open minded accomodating discussion.
You rely on personal insults .. Ignoring opinion of non Turks and painting them as ignorants..
None of you should have ever crawled out of Turkish interwebs into an international non turkish forum.

So, i vote for Baykuş.

I am just confused. These are only 5 who said that are ready for being mod, But as you know admins also have their standards of definition of a moderator.

All in all, lastly, I think admins should select one from those who want to be a mod! I think we should rank them, then admins check their standards on them and select one. Lets to see @WebMaster opinion.

I will update the vote figures on last post #416

None of you can keep your calm,and none has the ability to have an open minded accomodating discussion.
You rely on personal insults .. Ignoring opinion of non Turks and painting them as ignorants..
None of you should have ever crawled out of Turkish interwebs into an international non turkish forum.

You cannot stop trolling, you have spend hours after hour in the Gezi thread, yet, you are still saying the protestors are trying to topple democratically elected leader. You have insulted Turks and their values, you have insulted members and derailed the Gezi thread for i don't know how many times.

You rely on your relationship with the mods while insulting, trolling and derailing threads. If you have a problem with Turks, kindly send a PM to WebMaster and request from him to close Turkish Section or STFU.

mostly true.. but you didnt seem as wise as you pretend to be too.:rolleyes:

its irrelevant to the subject tough.

I am just confused. These are only 5 who said that are ready for being mod, But as you know admins also have their standards of definition of a moderator.

All in all, lastly, I think admins should select one from those who want to be a mod! I think we should rank them, then admins check their standards on them and select one. Lets to see @WebMaster opinion.

As far as i understand, that's what they are planning to do. The one with the highest vote will not necessarily be a mod.

As far as i understand, that's what they are planning to do. The one with the highest vote will not necessarily be a mod.

all candidates are good. I liked the process, people are engaged finally, and many realize how important is listening to others. Although turks should respect non turks more, its nowhere near iran section in tribal behaviour.
This is the most comprehensive mod selection process. :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom