What's new

Turkish Missile Programs

I like this one :D
XTVjLCp.gif

For what reason..??
I like Greeks. We even organize sports events between two Navy's officer trainees :(

@Neptune I made Holidays there in "Chalkidik" and was very welcome. I have also an ex SAT friend who was imprisoned and made before joined Training with them. He told me they have always latest Technology and their equipment is always unsed ( out of box). The problem is Hellenic Coast Guard and Hellenic Boarder Services, they are infiltrated with racists. Maybe some in the Armed Forces too. But HCG and HBS is controlled by EU, maybe that's the reason.

An OMTAS-Tekat ? For use and forget ? Should be an ATGM ? don´t a waste of Money in case for an ATGM with a Launcher ?
No, It doesn't.
How do you think to manage to engage the enemy armored vehicles up to 1,5+km by unguided shoulder fired RPG like weapon system?
You need a man portable guided anti tank weapon system for that engagement.
TEKAT (Mızrak-K) will be in a concept very similar to Mini-Spike (not Spike-SR).
So, you may search for Mini-Spike for get similar information about TEKAT.

Not sure if this is the right topic but do you guys think we could use something like a Carl Gustav?

We must be careful. Whom we will fight ? Why Carl- Gustav ?

I heard that those were already delivered to Iraq, Multi capable bitch weapons.

Bulgaria OFG-7WE warhead 2,1 kg Diameter 40 Range 2000 m

I hope ,realy hope, that the M-60 MBT in Daglica was not targeted with a ATGW .

12002228_886759878085312_1660436181389919934_n.jpg

Is this Cruise Missile fully operational now ? Heard it was facing some problems I mean integrating it with F-16 was a problem

12002228_886759878085312_1660436181389919934_n.jpg

Is this Cruise Missile fully operational now ? Heard it was facing some problems I mean integrating it with F-16 was a problem

Where did you hear there were problems integrating with F-16 ?
tyz6g.jpg

SOM-A/B/B2 are all in serial production. SOM (missile) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

SOM-J for F-35 is still under development.

@cabatli_53 Bro, I'm reading rumours that the J variant of SOM will be developed into a Surface Launched missile like NSM. Do you have any confirmation :-)

54489aa9ed1b431c58961e148cdb71fb.jpg

SOM.png

tyz6g.jpg

SOM-A/B/B2 are all in serial production. SOM (missile) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

@cabatli_53 Bro, I'm reading rumours that the J variant of SOM will be developed into a Surface Launched missile like NSM. Do you have any confirmation :-)

SOM.png

First time I heart it bro. I hope It will have surface launch capabilities like JSM/NSM. It is for sure that Advertisements are being done over anti-ship capabilities of SOM-J.

tyz6g.jpg

SOM.png
Well that is good news it was some Turkish defence page on Facebook where some Turkish guy was saying this. By the way I like the shape of your missile more than our missile but ours have more range and can carry more warhead

Well that is good news it was some Turkish defence page on Facebook where some Turkish guy was saying this. By the way I like the shape of your missile more than our missile but ours have more range and can carry more warhead

Yes. Raad is a very well put together missile, but we should take into consideration the roles of both missiles are very different even though they are in the same class (Cruise missile).

Weight
Ra'ad - 1100kg (wikipedia)
SOM - 600kg (wikipedia)

Length
Ra'ad - 4.85m (wikipedia)
SOM* - 3.7m (wikipedia)

Warhead
Ra'ad - Nuclear or 450kg HE
SOM* - 230kg HE or Bunker Buster

First time I heart it bro. I hope It will have surface launch capabilities like JSM/NSM. It is for sure that Advertisements are being done over anti-ship capabilities of SOM-J.

I can see SOM-J with it's rocket booster being packed into a box launcher, like NSM. But I don't see Roketsan spending money on developing it, not without need of Turkish Navy. Though, it might be a good small size missile for OPVs with longer strike capability..MRTP-44 or YTKB

Yes. Raad is a very well put together missile, but we should take into consideration the roles of both missiles are very different even though they are in the same class (Cruise missile).

Weight
Ra'ad - 1100kg (wikipedia)
SOM - 600kg (wikipedia)

Length
Ra'ad - 4.85m (wikipedia)
SOM* - 3.7m (wikipedia)

Warhead
Ra'ad - Nuclear or 450kg HE
SOM* - 230kg HE or Bunker Buster

I can see SOM-J with it's rocket booster being packed into a box launcher, like NSM. But I don't see Roketsan spending money on developing it, not without need of Turkish Navy. Though, it might be a good small size missile for OPVs with longer strike capability..MRTP-44 or YTKB

Bro, It is a perfect idea but I don't suppose TN will want to acquire a different missile from their handsome Atmaca, since Atmaca project is commenced to purely meet the striking missile requirement of Navy as replacement of Harpoon. They have also requested Penguin (Mizrak-D2) and longer range Hellfire (Mizrak-D1) equivalents but SOM is the project of Turkish Air Force. Our army has seriously strong and difficult visions that international weapon exporters even beware of working together to meet the difficult requirements. Besides, Turkish army is stubborn for their own requirements so Flexibility of projects among the army groups are difficult.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom