What's new

Turkish Missile Programs

Bro, Roketsan and Tubitak has a vast of knowledge and expertise about warhead technologies. Roketsan received help(maybe consultancy on design process) from German TDW at design process but This institute participated design process of not only USA Sidewinter, but also NSM, PAC-3, ESSM, Milan...etc. It doesn't mean that The warheads of all those missiles were developed by Germans.

It is for sure that Warhead of Mizrak family was developed in Turkey. With Mizrak program, Turkey gained high tech insensitive tandem warhead development/production ability. Roketsan developed different variants of warheads (2 type) as well.

The development of Cirit warhead (3 different variant) is done by Tubitak. It is not because of inability of Roketsan on warhead tech. Cirit missile development was commenced and continued by mainly Tubitak so You can see Tubitak signiture many piece of Cirit missile. In following steps, It is outsourced to Roketsan for industrialization and marketing process...

Bro, Roketsan has no background in warhead development. This is a known fact. There is no funding or R&D into warhead development by Roketsan. The warhead that is being used on Mizrak is the same one that is on PARS 3.

Also pictures of Mizrak has surfaced a while ago showing a third country performing aerodynamic tests. I'm sure you know which country it is. Roketsan is doing good, but they are still a ways off. Signing an MOU with SAAB is excellent and will speed up development, I'm hearing Mizrak is having issues.

xOZVbFU.jpg

It looks like that the successor of Bill 2 AT missile and Roketsan's lightweight AT missile projects are unified. I suspect that it will a good competitor to USA's Javelin, Israel's Spike-MR and France's newly proposed MMP missiles.
I hope collabration will bring Carl Gustav in M4 configuration with LASER guided ammo for Army. It's very good weapon for mountain combat that we faced in southeast.

IHS Jane's 360
Anti-tank missile alliance (ES14E4)

19 June 2014
On Tuesday, Turkey’s Roketsan and Saab of Sweden signed a memorandum of understanding covering future collaboration on anti-tank missile systems. Roketsan has already developed long-range weapons such as Mizrak-U, while Saab has a long pedigree in the short-range arena, notably with its shoulder-launched range. Under the agreement, the two companies are to develop a cost-effective shoulder-launched system that bridges the short/medium-range gap, with a weapon in the 500- 3,000m range class.

The new missile will be an extended-range development of Saab’s NLAW, which has an effective reach of 600m. Roketsan and Saab are developing the missile primarily for export, because there are as yet no official national requirements. Workshare has yet to be defined. If the companies decide to undertake a demonstration firing, it could be conducted as early as next year.

Last edited:
Too bad the guy with the MPT in the front is firing incorrectly. If he leaned a little bit forward the recoil wouldn't be so bad. But it was good to see the footage.

Last edited:
Too bad the guys with the MPT are firing incorrectly. If they leaned a little bit forward the recoil wouldn't be so bad. But it was good to see the footage.

Can't really blame them bro, how much training is given to them on firing range like once a month ?

Also I like how they edited out the part where the vertical handle falls off :D

Can't really blame them bro, how much training is given to them on firing range like once a month ?
I edited my post. the one guy closes to the camera is firing incorrectly the other guys look good. For example when the 2nd guy closest to the camera fires the recoil isn't that bad because he has good form.

Back
Top Bottom