What's new

Turkish minister to Dutch deputy: Get lost, kid

Saithan

Reaction score
Turkey’s European Union minister has again involved in a squabble with a far-right Dutch deputy in a gathering of Turkish and European parliamentarians in Strasbourg, telling the deputy to “get lost.”

Egemen Bağış’s response to the Dutch deputy was inspired by the Internet video, which has become the latest fad on the Turkish blogosphere in the past few week, featuring a dispute between a hot-tempered teenager and a patience-worn garbage man, who attempts to ward off the juvenile by repeatedly barking, “oğlum bak git,” or “get lost, kid.”

In the video, the juvenile appears to taunt street cleaner Selçuk Kahraman, shouting, “Come on, hit me, hit me,” as he brandishes his belt. In the video, the big brother taunts Kahraman repeatedly, until the street cleaner unexpectedly cracks his broom down on the boy's head, sending him running.

The street cleaner’s verbal defiance “oğlum bak git” has suddenly become an iconic phrase as the viewer count on YouTube surpassed over a million.

Barry Madlener, a Dutch politician from the Party for Freedom (PVV), spoke at a meeting of the European Union-Turkey Joint Parliamentary Committee in Strasbourg on Wednesday and insulted Islam and Muslims. Madlener claimed that the ruling party is taking Turkey backward to the Middle Ages and that Turkey is becoming an Islamic state.

The deputy then said he wanted to give a book, published by his far-right party, to Bağış. The minister said “I don’t want a book from you. Put it in a place where you put the cartoon.”

Bağış was referring to another incident with the same Dutch deputy last year that time in Brussels, where the deputy lambasted Islam and Turkey and then attempted to present a caricature deemed criminal by Turkish prosecutors as a “gift” to the Turkish minister.

The cartoon, published in Turkish humor magazine “Penguen,” reportedly landed cartoonist Bahadır Baruter in court, with a state prosecutor charging him in September with “insulting religious values” and demanding a one-year jail sentence.

The cartoon depicts an imam and a group of believers praying in a mosque, distracted by a man talking to God on his cellphone and asking if he can be excused from the last part of the prayer because he has things to do. The words "there is no Allah" and "religion is a lie" are seen written on the walls of the mosque.

When Madlener attempted to present a framed copy of the cartoon to Bağış, Turkish lawmaker Akif Demirkıran, who was chairing the meeting, received the cartoon as Bağış was heard shouting, "Don't take it!"

Bağış then told Madlener: “I have enough cartoons at home. Put it in your appropriate place.”

Responding to Madlener on Wednesday’s meeting, Bağış accused Madlener of provocation “as always.”

“I will answer you with a phrase that has been frequently used in Turkey in recent times. Our citizens are saying “get lost, kid.”

Also in a previous session of the European Union-Turkey Joint Parliamentary Committee, held in May 2010, Madlener stormed out after saying Turkey's real friend was Iranian leader Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, not Europe.

source: Turkish minister to Dutch deputy: Get lost, kid

I found Egemen Bagis' actions hillarious so I thought I'd share this with you :)

Oğlum bak git !

bagis_oglum_bak_git_12946_550_300.jpg

That Deputy met the same treatment before too?

Yep, once Minister Bağış said when that moron tried to give him a cartoon with insulting pictures of Islam, '' Put it into your appropriate place

again once he quoted from Persian mystic Ghazali as ''You need a lot to learn about Islam once I thought you Rum-i and know its time to learn Ghazali Don't argue with an ignorant, I could never win. This lesson is enough for now''

:D

this the video they talk about "oglum, bak git" :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
Oğlum Bak Git - Extended Version : :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom