What's new

Turkish Land Vehicle Programs

ZAHA - Armored Amphibious Assault Vehicle has passed the self-correction test. Capsize prevention test

Testing continues.. Close to serial production stage

Last edited:
EkTbX39XgAAtnJF

LxailsTBWurLPGu28NkFlOR8xfpktbmZ2b9e-ZouhPN_E7ksyGsz2se5Br5-HpI5dKzrPNq248LXNCs2REJBhXiX1UMa8pZdR9pUi27AtM8jeHnKNARDQpqw

Leopard-1-KMW-002.jpg

I just think about how we can hain money from our old m-60's and Leopard 1 and also M-113/acv-15 gzpt series. Just because they are have huge numbers, and for a replace hims we need more money just because prices of tanks and ifv's highly increased.

ct-cv_weapon_system_armoured_vehicle_turret_105_120_mm_gun_cmi_Defence_cockerill_Belgium_Belgian_640_000.jpg

Behalf of adding extra weight theirs already heavy turrets, why not we are change his turrets with unmanned turret ? Already turret weight of m-60's around 13-16 tonnes and Leopard 1's of 10-13 tonnes. Weight of 105mm unmanned turret is aroun 4-5 tonnes.

So we can gain 10 tonnes weight , and thats a very huge gain. For example leopard 2a4 and 2a6 weight diffrence is 5 tonnes. and m-60a3 and sabra diffrence is 8 tonnes and in the sabra project cannon, engine and most of things changed. Additional armour weight is big probaply 5 tonnes around.

So I mean we just use him cannon him slim and light unmanned turret, or just we can take him from cockreill. Also we can relocate his new 3 crew to front of tank and armoring the front with this new 10 tonnes weight gain. And of course we can change his sights with cheap sights and aselsan yamgöz, lwr and pulat.

And in the and we can make a 55 km/h class M-60 and 65 km/h class leopard 1 with unmanned turreted version of his 105 mm gun who can capable 530 mm penetrate capability from 4 km and thats mean he can penetrate all tanks from sides and back and most of tanks from front without top tier tanks. Also we can make a 105 mm version of top attack capable tanok for againts top tier tanks. Also this tank can resist 120mm tank guns and missile thanks for that to his active protection system and new front armour concept (with help of 10-15 tonnes weight gain)

5f86ce0570380e11c49c5a94.jpg

Also we can convert our m-113's and acv-15's to our new cheap modded ifv and make a team and cheap concept with tank who I stated upwards.

İt could be vey cheap alternative tank-ifv solution for poor african, muslim, asian and sout american countries who have a enemies not have 3 th gen tank inventory.

We can use a monwy who we gain from this to renew&and sell project to replace our inventory with Altay and Modern İfv's.

ZAHA - Armored Amphibious Assault Vehicle has passed the self-correction test. Capsize prevention test

Testing continues.. Close to serial production stage

It looks pretty similar to LVTP-7 unlike the other new AAVs under development that are getting its ques from EFV. Guess Turkey is not interested in extra long range amphibious assault. I've heard it also has similar speed afloat and doesn't have features like sea water cooled engines. Maybe rightfully so because if anything happens and Turkey is to conduct any kind of amphibious assault its going to be against Syria, Cyprus and Greece, which tbh don't have the level of area denial capabilities of the Chinese for example. No need to make things complicated.

Last edited:
Turkey is to conduct any kind of amphibious assault its going to be against Syria
Amphibious Assault to the Syria?
What are the Landing crafts are for ? I dont assume ZAHA was meant to sail from Turkish shores to the long distances, they are ineffective for those purposes.
ZAHA is being developed for the LHD, which wil carry these nearby to the shore for the Amphibious Assault,. If there is any country which intends to use Amphibious vehicles sailing all the way down, please let me know.
And for Area Denial, the LHD will not sail alone but a task force will be set up, probably beyond 2025. Turkey is Developing TF 2000.
And sea water is not directly used to cool engines, even not in the ships. There are two circuits, one which runs on fresh water in a closed circuit connected to a latter a sea-water open circuit via heat exchangers.

Amphibious Assault to the Syria?
What are the Landing crafts are for ? I dont assume ZAHA was meant to sail from Turkish shores to the long distances, they are ineffective for those purposes.
ZAHA is being developed for the LHD, which wil carry these nearby to the shore for the Amphibious Assault,. If there is any country which intends to use Amphibious vehicles sailing all the way down, please let me know.
And for Area Denial, the LHD will not sail alone but a task force will be set up, probably beyond 2025. Turkey is Developing TF 2000.
And sea water is not directly used to cool engines, even not in the ships. There are two circuits, one which runs on fresh water in a closed circuit connected to a latter a sea-water open circuit via heat exchangers.

Oh just don't reply if you don't know about amphibious assault. Ofc I'm not suggesting you go from shore to shore with the AAV alone.

Long range amphibious assault or in other words OTH ampihibious assault refers to amphibious assaults that are launched up to 15 nautical miles from the shore in order to provide additional safety for landing assault ships. Remember that having a air defence ship doesn't garauntee you safety, especially close to shore under enemy AD region and wirthin enemy's air forces's operating radius. It is indeed the Americans who possess the most capable air defence vessel in largest numbers who've devloped this doctrine and the EFV was an equipment needed for such kind of doctrine to be realised. One that are following this doctrine and are developing EFV alike AAVs all have a far stronger navy than Turkey but still pursue such doctrine.

Also just like the EFVs, theses newer AAVs under development all have a seperate cooling mechanism that only gets activated afloat, pushing the engine's output from a mere 800 ish HP to 2700 HP on sea, enabling the speed of over 20 knots while assaulting towards the shore. ZAHA doesn't have that and I'm pointing out the Turkish amphibious assault doctrine is that of legacy. Thus the AAV-7 design ques. Also suggesting the possible reasons for Turkey not pursuing the newest trend. Alfthough even this "newest trend" is more than 20 years old now. Maybe it's just that they simply don't have the tech, who knows.

If we capable the make L-55 cannon in mkek with under licence we must modify Leopard 2a4's. Just because Germans and Greeks dont want 1500 hp class (thats effect the capability of armour), L-55 carrier tanks on us. Just because if we have them we can be establish a advantage againts greek leopard 2a6hel's .

If we have him with great numbers the way of modernization of leopard 2's there is no way to contiune the ban to Turkey on the field of engines. That is only lose of money.

On the other hand for a Place Of The Leopard 2a4T1 Around Modern Tanks

Last edited:
BMC shows it's new 8x8 armored fighting vehicle. This beast uses 600HP engine (AZRA) made by BMCPower in Turkey.

EsaMtPpXcAAT0Yr

I really dislike the name of BMC btw. They should change the name into TMC (Turkish Motor Company).

BMC shows it's new 8x8 armored fighting vehicle. This beast uses 600HP engine (AZRA) made by BMCPower in Turkey.

EsaMtPpXcAAT0Yr

I really dislike the name of BMC btw. They should change the name into TMC (Turkish Motor Company).

looks like an uparmored arma?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom